Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

gym help lose gut?

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A question to those gym junkies on the forum.

I went overseas last year and packed a few extra kgs on. I've lost some of it, but still struggling to lose the weigh. As a result I've gotten a bit of a gut.

My question is, will regular gym help get rid of this? I currently play soccer with mates weekly and martial arts, yet still struggling. I've also tried to lower my kilojoule intake.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

donking

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try walking 7 miles daily if you can't run it. It will take you 2 hours and you will lose weight quick. Daily is the key. After 3-4 weeks of it, your legs will be tired as hell and you'll be 15 lbs lighter.

CrimsonPanther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
use the ellipticals. an exhausting but not too bad workout that i recommend would be 1 hr long on 70-80 rpm at an easy-to-medium resistance.
that is if you cannot run because of knee problems for example.
also if you wanna get rid of guts, cut the carbs ( no sugar, bread, rice, potato, pasta). if you do not want to also lose muscle, do some moderate power workout with extra protein.
hope it helps.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
the key to fat loss is your diet, cut out as many processed foods as you can, avoid refined sugary foods, cut out the beer, pizza, bread, pastries etc. eat more lean meet, fish and pack is as many green veggies as you like. its that simple, lift weights regularly, muscle bursn more calories. its a simple formula but difficult and boring to follow, if you can follow it for a couple of months, you will definately see and feel a difference

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Espi said:
I respectfully disagree with this.

A carb is a carb is a carb. EVERY carb equals 4 calories per gram. Doesn't matter if it's carbs from fruit, veggies, bread, oats, etc.

Eliminating certain types of carbs won't lead to weight loss.

Maintaining a caloric deficit, though, will lead to weight loss.

I currently consume, on average, about 200 grams of carbs per day, but I know HOW MANY CALORIES (not carbs...calories) I need to consume to lose weight (about 2800), so it doesn't matter what I eat. And my daily calories of carbs comprise rice, oats, etc.
do you do a lot of cardio?

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers for the advice guys, I do stay active. My job can get physically demanding from time to time and I do keep my self busy playing sports plus martial arts training. I do wprk out at home on my days off too, yet still seem to be struggling.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What martial art? The cardio aspect is going to be different with different styles and trainers. Sparring is a great workout, especially with 16 oz gloves. Grappling is probably even better. Brazilian jiu-jitsu is an intense mid-section workout, even with simple drills like practicing an arm bar.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donking said:
Try walking 7 miles daily if you can't run it. It will take you 2 hours and you will lose weight quick. Daily is the key. After 3-4 weeks of it, your legs will be tired as hell and you'll be 15 lbs lighter.
That is horrible advice unless the OP is determined to burn through muscle to lose weight and still be fat...

Intense lifting that doubles as weights and cardio torches fat like nothing else...carb cycling is also a great way to lose fat without dealing with the negative effects of a low carb diet(crashing test levels, flat feeling, loss of strength/size)

Jay kay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi old_skoolr, It's easy to gain weight esp when you go abroad. I think the fastest way to burn body fat is to do HIIT 2-4 times a week. You can do this on a treadmill, bike or even sprint outdoors. I prefer treadmill though because I feel more incontrol. I wrote an article recently about an workout that has helped me lose weight faster than walking, jogging or any other steady state cardio...hope it will help http://bit.ly/1bX5XXR