Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crunching out an abs routine

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously, visible abs are mostly about having a low body fat percentage.

Beyond that, I see a lot of disagreement about ab routines. All I've been doing is crunches, and I have two-pack abs with a shadow of a 4-pack. I was trying to look up whether crunches work the upper abs or all of them, and people disagree about that, too. Crunches work all abs, but predominantly the upper?

The main disagreement is about the 4-6 pack lower abs. Some people say your specific exercise matters, and others say it is all about body fat.

When I was in Army rotc in the 90's, they made us do what they called "flutter kicks." You lay on the ground and prop yourself up by folding your hands together behind your back, then stick your legs out straight and paddle your feet up and down. Years later, the army abandoned the flutter kick because they decided it was bad for soldiers' backs.

Tomo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found it's more diet than exercise. Naturally your muscles will have their own contours of a six-pack and it's simply losing the excess weight until they appear. Now if you are actually 'working' those muscles out, then train them like any other muscle - add weights. I do side bends holding onto weights, rotational stuff with a cable machine and sit-ups using a weighted gym ball that I kind of alternate throwing side-side. Traditionally I still like doing planks.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me as a powerlifter, I just do abdominal exercises that will strengthen my core, cause that will carry over to my squat/deadlift.. Usually weighted exercises work best for me.

I say to each their own depending on their goals. It depends on the individual, gotta find what is working and what isnt working..

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
"Get Rid of Your Gut: Look Better, Feel Better, Prevent Back Pain in Only 64 Minutes a Week"
by Jeanette Micelotta, Richard M Bachrach (Introduction by), Deborah Michaels

It's an older book - maybe 1980s.

Find a copy. The regimen boils down to 6 exercises, each working a different part of your abdominals. It also introduces what's called an 'abdominal lift' to be held through each exercise.

Jay kay

Don Juan
Reaction score
How to get a six pack?

Lower Your Body Fat (Through dieting and exercise)
Don't keep doing the same ab exercises every time you go to the gym. Try different variations.

There are lots but here are some of the most effective ab workouts that have helped me get ripped abs.

Hanging Leg Raises
Barbell Ab Roll-out
Cable Crunches
Planks
Bottoms Up (laying on floor or bench)
Russian Twists
Cross-body crunches
Decline Oblique Crunch

If you're gonna rely on crunches alone to get ripped abs forget about it!