Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do we eat the same amount of calories on rest days

Tuppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand caloric surplus but why have a surplus on the days you're not active? wouldn't it make sense to eat less because you're not working out? Or does your body need to maintain its weight and repair the body on rest days so you eat the same amount of calories in surplus?

Also is the meal before my workout the one with the most calories or the meal after my workout the most calories?

Im currently on Anthony Ellis Gaining muscle gaining for the skinny guy program :)

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because your body doesn't work on a 24 hour clock. Just because you aren't working out one day, it does not mean that your body isn't still repairing muscle tissue and recovering from the previous session.

There are some people that will eat a surplus on training days, then eat at maintenance or a deficit on rest days. This helps to prevent fat gain, but progress is painfully slow.

Tuppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright fair enough. Guess ill just keep eating same amounts on rest days ;)

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends...I prefer cycling calories, so you end up with the same amount of calories in a 7-10 day period as if you just ate the same calories each day but it works much better to lean you out...

And unless you are on steroids or SARMS muscle growth is always painfully slow