Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Workout routine to accomplish my goal?

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simply put my goal is to get a 500 on my next YPFT. 500 being a perfect score. I hover around 350 now, and have had a 403 (if I remember correctly) before. To get a 500, I need to do 30 pullups, 60 pushups, and 100 sit ups. Each in under two minutes. There is also a long jump (stationary) and a run but I'm not sure what I need for a perfect score in those events.

My scores tend to fluctuate a bit, but I get about 45 push ups (have gotten 60 before), 90 sit ups (have gotten 100), a max of 24 pullups and an average of about 20, about 95 (inches I think) on my jump, and around 55 seconds on my run. I think a perfect score for the run is 45 seconds, and its either a 300m or 500m run. We don't do a constant run though. We go back and forth between two points, so we have to stop and start again constantly.

I really want get a perfect score since this will be my last year in the MCJROTC program, and as you can see I'm not too far off from accomplishing it. The thing is I don't know how to get there. Whenever I have to come up with my own workouts, I either make it too easy or too difficult. It seems I can't find a good balance.

All I have is two 20lb dumb bells, and a pull up bar, so I have to compensate with body-weight exercises. So, does anyone have any ideas on a routine I can do with what I have on hand? I tend to try to tax myself with overhead presses, hammer curls, regular curls, pull ups, and push ups. But I have no longer how many reps or sets I should be doing. Or what I should increase the reps or sets by each workout.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, I think I can help with the pullups. You say you have a bar at home. In that case, just do pullups throughout the day. 10 here, 10 there, or 5 or whatever you want, until you reach a set goal of total reps for the day. Keep increasing the reps every so often. I've sometimes implemented this strategy in my workouts before I was able to do many pullups, and it has worked. I'd just do a set or two of pullups in between other things, over the duration of a long workout. I remember one day in particular I ended up with 101 total pullups. Also, every 2-3 days, do an all out set of as many as you can possibly do, and try to improve upon it every time (if possible).

What are your workouts like? (days, exercises, sets, reps, etc...)

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheStig said:
What are your workouts like? (days, exercises, sets, reps, etc...)
Erratic. Earlier today, I did pyramids going up to 9. I did curls, pushups, and pullups. I also did one set of 50 crunches. A previous workout involved squats with an overhead press, pushups, pullups and lunges. I try to workout every other day (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with a break over the weekend), and I usually make things up on the spot.

Like I said, I'm not very good with coming up with my own workouts. I usually just do around 3 sets of pushups, pullups, and some type of curl. Pushups are usually 20 reps or higher, pullups around 10, and curls are about 10 or so as well.

Actually here's a workout journal I started a while back: Book of Eph

MattTheW

Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe try weighted variations of the exercises that you are doing.
Keep pushing at the number of reps - then when you come to do them again unweighted you will find them easier

JonesCrow

Reaction score
I thinks two exercises are useful at the same day. My routine is,.
Chest + Back
Biceps + Triceps
Shoulder + Legs
Rest
Repeat again,.

R

RonaldoAllen

A good workout routine is important for achieving your fitness goal. According to my study cardio exercises are best for fitness so to maintain fitness it is important to add some cardio in your workout routine.
Running
Jogging
Yoga
Cycling
Push ups
Bench press.