Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Caught between a rock and a hard place

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a quick synopsis of what's going on :

I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do. I'll be 30 next year and still have no career path. The mother of my only child left me 3 years ago out of state and hasn't put me on child support. I still haven't seen my daughter in almost two years. (god bless her soul) I was recently homeless do to fact that two of my roommates at the time refuse to pay their portion of the rent. To add to the stress I got laid off from my job in January and still haven't found anything for work.

Since I have a criminal record it makes it very hard getting a job. I'd really like a career it feels like I'm behind most of my peers. The only places that seem to want to hire me are fast food and temps but the pay is so bad it's not realistic. I gave school a thought but can't return to finish classes yet (owe money to the school). I've got a couple really good job opportunities but once my record pops up that spells doom.

I'm extremely stressed out about my whole situation luckily the gym is keeping me sain. Even then that is starting to feel like a waste of time.

What can I do to finally change my situation? I just want to have money in the bank, good credit love my job that's a career that pays well, have my own car, own a business, have real estate properties, and raise my daughter grow the f_ck up and be a man like you guys

Thoughts??

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to get a crap job that pays, get the money rolling in then use that money to invest in yourself (dont buy a tv and new bling bling clothes or whatever you usually waste your money on) and pay back your education bills so that you can go back to school part time.

At school, you will want to dress well and network, so that you can get a entry level corporate position which you may look down on but is actually a stepping stone to the life you want.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ProDJ26 said:
H I'll be 30 next year and still have no career path.
Excuse.

The mother of my only child left me 3 years ago out of state and hasn't put me on child support.
Excuse.

I was recently homeless do to fact that two of my roommates at the time refuse to pay their portion of the rent.
Excuse.

To add to the stress I got laid off from my job in January and still haven't found anything for work.
Excuse.

Since I have a criminal record it makes it very hard getting a job. I'd really like a career it feels like I'm behind most of my peers.
Excuse.

The only places that seem to want to hire me are fast food and temps but the pay is so bad it's not realistic.
Excuse.

I gave school a thought but can't return to finish classes yet (owe money to the school).
Excuse.

I've got a couple really good job opportunities but once my record pops up that spells doom.
Excuse.

I'm extremely stressed out about my whole situation luckily the gym is keeping me sain. Even then that is starting to feel like a waste of time.
Excuse.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. I was in your position seven years ago, but instead of having a daughter, I had a 1/2 mil dollar debt to Uncle Sam. Even then, I never made excuses. Because even though life thought he had me, I knew it was a just a matter of time before I fvcked life in the azz.

Stop makes excuses. Do at least one thing a day to improve your situation. Start there.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to STAY at McDonalds. but get some kind of a f&cking job NOW. SOME money coming in is better than none. THEN look for a better job. WTF are you doing with a gym membership? A crash pad and food first, pay off debts next, then maybe you can spend money on a gym.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get any job that pays money. Save more every week than you spend.

This is the number ONE skill to develop. Delayed gratification.

Spend as much time as you can on self improvement. Keep a journal. Read books from the library. Try one new LEGAL method, every month, where you can make money with no investment.

Spend your time:

working

self development

fitness

trying to make money

suck it up and expect it to take a couple years before you're even on the right path.

Once you're on the right path, give yourself a few more years before you start making $$

PROMISE yourself that before you girl turns 10 you WILL be a success.

Make that the driving factor of your life until then.

No girls

no drugs

no alcohol

no wasting time

no video games

etc

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. I was in your position seven years ago, but instead of having a daughter, I had a 1/2 mil dollar debt to Uncle Sam. Even then, I never made excuses. Because even though life thought he had me, I knew it was a just a matter of time before I fvcked life in the azz.

Stop makes excuses. Do at least one thing a day to improve your situation. Start there.
I can always count on guru1000 for some inspirational words. OP - take it to heart.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
You don't have to STAY at McDonalds. but get some kind of a f&cking job NOW. SOME money coming in is better than none. THEN look for a better job. WTF are you doing with a gym membership? A crash pad and food first, pay off debts next, then maybe you can spend money on a gym.
The membership is free

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you Guru that's alot to be in debt to that's awesome man. I ended up getting the job at the gym as well. I'm there most of the time anyway may as well make some money