Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating an old ex of a close friend?

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somehow I got involved with an old ex of my buddy... At the moment I'm not really attached to her because we actually recently met (1 month ago), but she seems really into me and I actually like her too. My buddy dated her 3 years ago.

Now I'm thinking about my buddy here BECAUSE:
1) MAJOR REASON: I might actually go rent an apartment together with my buddy to split bills, because with two you get so much more and we're both single guys.
2) He's always been a good friend for the last 6 years, helping me along with my business
3) I have seen other friends get into a fight because of dating exes.
4) Thinking about myself here, I would mind if a friend dated my recent ex, however, an ex from 3 years ago I wouldn't mind...

So I was thinking about this as a no go, but we've been meeting each other by accident quite a few times now (same friend circle) and she's really cool. Looks wise I'd only rate her a 7 but she's smart and a lot of fun to hang with, really easy going. She's been pushing to date me and I did make a move on her when I got drunk. I told her what's holding me back on dating her (the friend) but she says it's 3 years ago and they left each other on good terms. She's texting me every two days or so, mostly bullsh!t about common interests like movies and joking around, nothing too flirtatious.

So what's your opinion, is it okay to date an old ex of a close friend? Would you say there are certain party fouls, like I should pre-discuss it with him before dating her?

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So to give an update I talked with my buddy about it... told him I wanna date her but if he's not ok with it I wouldn't. He first was pissed about it and thought it was akward I would even ask.

I replied it was 3 years ago so I could have:
Assumed he would be cool with it and just do it and say nothing
Or
Let it slide and not bother, giving up on somebody I like a lot for the reason of dodging the hassle, while he might just be super fine with it

To which he agreed and just said he didn't like it. Me and him are cool now. I told him I wouldn't so being a man of my word I can't. That being said I do feel like **** about it cause I like her, and she likes me so every time we see each other the attraction is there... it's like an ex but we both didn't want to brake up... feels pretty **** while we both want to be together...

Any thoughts? I did right, right?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you made the right choice. There are many women, but only so many good friends.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Credo,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ These Guys are right!...I have flatted in groups many times in the past,Saw this a few times,and no good ever came of it...The perceived fear is, that she and her ex will have shared many confidences across the pillow,she is very likely to share these with you and drive a wedge between the two of you!

logicallefty

Reaction score
I have been in this boat before. I don't date exes of a friend on purpose. Hooked up with one by accident one time, didn't know she had been his ex 20 years ago, before he and I met. To date one on purpose I would need to be 100% sure the friend had moved on. Otherwise, it just doesn't feel right to me.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bros BEFORE hoes

Like someone else said to much headache.
Only way I see this working us if you guys gangbanged her. But who really wants that?
Avoid the whole thing bro