Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sweating more as fitness level increases?

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As the thread title says.... I have noticed that as my fitness level has dramaticly increased so has my volume of sweat. Seems I start sweating now just moments into my workout routine. Never used to be this way. I even continue to pour sweat well after my shower too and often feel I need 2 showers a day rather than one. Heck during sex with my wife I pour more sweat now than ever also and my wife seems to think its an issue like I may have hyperthyroid problem or something because I'm like a bloody rain cloud. What's up with that?

Anyone else experience this? I am 6"2 and 200lbs with about 20% body fat (trying to cut this down now) can bench my own weight(possibly more that's just my 3 sets of 8) and leg press 250lbs (possibly more but that's 3 sets of 8) and run on a treadmill np for like 45mins at 6mph.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a myriad of different physiological processes that affect sweating...

That being said sweating is our body's response to overheating. Our body produces more heat when our metabolic rates are higher... heat is kinda like "wasted" energy. Certain types of muscle fibers, such as type 2b, produce a lot of waste heat. More muscle = more heat produced as a by-product of a higher metabolic rate.

Epimines, you're simply overheating because your metabolic rate is higher than earlier. You probably do not have a thyroid issue, as you'd have other associated symptoms like tachycardia, possible high blood pressure, etc. I'm 5'8" - borderline "obese" at 190-195 w/ a 32" waist and 15% bodyfat. My resting heart rate is in the 60s...it would be alot faster if I had a thyroid issue!! I would be sweating all the time if I didn't wear scrubs most of the day! I'm soooo thankful I don't have to wear dress clothes.... scrubs and tank tops/work out clothes only for me!

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys... That's great to know. I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with me because of the continuation of sweating for like 40mins after my workout to the point I sweat through a new change of cloths even. But that all makes sense. My resting heart rate is 47 (checked as soon as I wake up before I move too much with my heart rate monitor watch) I don't think I have a thyroid issue either. I have to keep an eye on my heart rates. I found out last year I have a right bundle branch block (basicly my heart is missing one of its 2 electrical connections so when the signal comes to beat my heart it get a mini skip to the right side from the left. Looks weird on an ECG. If my left side goes I will need a pace maker. But I'm all fvck that I'm going to rebuild that connection! At least thats my attitude anyways lol.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been sweating like a beast lately - but then Its SUMMER still, sooooo

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I have had the same experience in my late teens. When I was in top physical condition I'd be sweating so much it started bothering me. Imagine you're dancing with a chick, and sweat is dripping off your face. Constantly.

Three years later I got dropped from the team because I was constantly injured and gave up on going pro. Got lazy for about two years, and the excessive sweating simply stopped.

Been consistently working out 3-5 days a week for the past 4 years. But LESS cardio exercises than I used to. And it seems to work. No more excessive sweating.