Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sugar & Creme In Coffee

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need some sober opinions on this. I don't have a big sweet tooth, almost never eat dessert or candy. I do, however add creme and a little sugar to my coffee.

Recently I tried dropping the sugar, but I don't like the taste as much. I thought if I dropped it I'd lose some pounds. However now I'm thinking the difference in my diet is negligible.

However I only add maybe a packet's worth to a large coffee. I have a few coffees a day, but even then the sugar might add up to 50 calories. I never get fancy designer coffees, you know the mocha-caramel-latte-grande-chinos with syrup and all that crap. I almost never drink sugary sodas or anything like that either. I also don't add sugar to anything else - ever.

What is your opinion? Is a little sugar in coffee the kiss of death? Or in small amounts is it negligible?

Thanks,
SS

xupc

Don Juan
Reaction score
At the end of the day it doesen't matter. A bit of sugar is not going to make or break any diet (exceptions apply - e.g. mordibly obese, insulin resistant population etc).

Just make sure you don't go overboard with it. Do you track macros/calories?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like "Sugar in the Raw." It's turbinado sugar, brown in color, but not the same thing as the common "brown sugar" that is used in baking. Molasses and sorghum are also good in coffee. Blackstrap molasses is very high in nutrients.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I don't track calories rigidly. But I decided to live a little yet still be careful. Half a teaspoon, tops, in a cup. What I really need is a little more exercise.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be a MAN and drink it black

lol jk

I only put sugar in coffee if it's terrible coffee.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sugar is definitely bad for you, especially the refined stuff. I mean it is what it is, it small amounts it doesn't hurt you. I drink coffee black on weekdays, and put a little milk/sugar it on the weekends, that way I don't overdo it. I don't have a sweet tooth either though.

I personally think sugar is just as bad as smoking, etc. Pretty addictive too. I do it all in small moderation. It sucks, but at least I can enjoy it all on some level instead of not at all.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HA. I remember my first cup of coffee. I poured a bunch of sugar and crème due to an inability to drink it black. I took a sip and poured the rest out on the asphalt. I drink it straight black now.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to drink it black. At some point I started adding stuff, I think after traveling more in Latin America where they're constantly eating/drinking sweet shyt. I'd say Latin America is about 40 years behind us in terms of addressing obesity - they're doing all the stuff we did in the 70s and 80s, eating tons of fried garbage and drinking sodas and 10% "fruit juices."

Anyway I keep it pretty controlled - 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon tops in a cup and just enough cream to lighten it. Half the time I don't finish a coffee from a Starbucks etc., which means I don't drink the sugary swill at the bottom.

A lot of cafes, I've noticed, have those glass cylinders of sugar. It's easy to dump a load of it in there so I really pay attention and just sprinkle a little in. Dunkin Donuts puts the sugar in for you and they add way too much.

And like I said, I avoid other sweets. Dessert is a rarity for me, I don't eat candy or drink sugary soda. So I guess this is my little indulgence, but it's a controlled indulgence.

Jamez

Reaction score
@samspade
Yeah this is great information actually i was in searing for this information and thinking to make a thread for this but i have no need to make any thread after read out this information anyways thanks for this great Health tips i will apply at home ...
Have a nice day my friend

arslina

Reaction score
Hey
xupc said:
At the end of the day it doesen't matter. A bit of sugar is not going to make or break any diet
i am quite agree with this.. it doesn't matter at all.. i think 1 or 2 spoons of sugar wouldn't cause fat or diabetes on you so don't bother about it
isaacbefitlife boot camp

Last edited:

Jamez

Reaction score
Jamez said:
@samspade
Yeah this is great information actually i was in searing for this information and thinking to make a thread for this but i have no need to make any thread after read out this information anyways thanks for this great Health tips i will apply at home ...
Have a nice day my friend

Anyways have you some information about Personal Trainer ??