Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

One hundred pushups

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://hundredpushups.com/index.html#sthash.qtoYpupW.dpbs

Has anyone tried this programme out?

It claims that after 6 weeks (more if you need to repeat a week) you will be able to do 100 pushups. Or 10 sets of 10 with a minute break in between each set.

Have any of you tried this? It sounds like hype that won't deliver. I can currently do 45 consecutive pushups before my arms buckle beneath me and I'm spent.

I'm going to give this a shot and see how it delivers.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I briefly looked over it. Seems like it could work at a quick glance.

The way to do 100 pushups in a single set it to increase muscle stamina + endurance. How to do this? High reps w/ little rest periods in between. Seems like the program was aiming to do that. Let us know how it goes.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't care less about being able to do 100 pushups. I'd like to know what it would do to my physique

trent_afc

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what we did in the military? Push ups. Lots of them. You know what it did for the physique? Not a damn thing. Not for me, and not for any of the guys who did them. The guys who did the most pushups were usually the skinniest dudes with arms like pipe cleaners.

If you're bored and want to burn a few calories, do some push ups. If you want pecs, hit the gym, do some bench presses, and eat right.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing the most pushups I've ever been able to do in my life. And I rarely do them. I think what the poster above me said about high reps type sets, and lots of sets....all bodyparts I'm talking here has definitely helped me. Think my max was 50 ish before, now 71. Pullups I could only do 6, now at 32. Those numbers are mind blowing to me because of what I used to be limited to. 3 to 4 months of high reps, high sets helped tremendously. But yeah, didn't do much for the chest other than a momentary pump.

Good luck.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, I can do a hundred pushups straight, try lifting weights and you will be a monster at pushups

Pushups are great for supersetting with after doing bench presses to really fatigue the muscle...

I like doing them with my feet on a bench and a few plates on my back

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought I may as well do the initial test and day 1 together.

I did the initial test about 10 hours ago and got 42 consecutive pressups. And I just did the 1st day routine which is

set 1:14
set 2:18
set 3:14
set 4:14
set 5: maximum and somehow I managed 49 in a row.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can do 60 push-ups right now.

The deal with push-ups is that they are a great exercise to train your chest, but you need to progress to grow. I usually do them with my kids sitting on top of me, or like another poster said, prop my feet in a chair. Or do one-armed one, or diamond variations.

I also like to clap in between.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did the initial test and first day (of week 3) as mentioned above but had a super busy week and couldn't complete it.

This week I did week 3 properly and have just done the 3rd day

set 1: 22
set 2: 30
set 3: 20
set 4: 20
set 5: maximum - I made 44

Chest actually looking a bit bigger and more defined already.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I failed the first day of week 4.
The programme says

set 1: 21
set 2: 25
set 3: 21
set 4: 21
set 5: Maximum (minimum of 32)

I only made 22 on my 5th and final set before my arms gave way beneath me, I will attempt it again on Wednesday.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is a really hard programme. For me anyway.

I've just done

set 1: 25
set 2: 29
set 3: 25
set 4: 25
set 5: Maximum (minimum of 36). I managed 37.

Reaction score
Regarding push ups

I'll post another thread on a different pushup plan.
But the idea behind any body weight exercise is that the more in muscle weight you gain the heavier the weight is that you are exerting pressure against.

Makes sense when you see some of the spec ops guys I've worked with that are huge...

Do squats with a plan of pushups situps running swimming and pullups and you'll get big... + Eat calories and take some creatine sounds easy right. It's not at first but if you want to get fit to get fit and not because you can do some arbitrary number of reps unless you are actually training for boot camp or something....and then you'll stay motivated.

BlueLithium

Reaction score
I tried this program about 5 years ago when I was in grade 9 over the summer; if you're willing to put in the small amount of time to actually follow through with each workout, you can build up some crazy muscular endurance. I tested myself almost at the end of the program and managed to do 98 consecutive push ups. However, if you don't keep up with the endurance training, you lose most of your muscular endurance like I did :/.