Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

JonJaper's workout log

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, guys, following the events of this thread (http://sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=188395), in which I got rid of some issues...I've decided that I'm hitting the gym hard as one of the things I'm going to do for self-improvement.

I’m not a beginner as I have been going on/off for the past couple of years, changing workouts as I've learnt more. I'm on a workout designed by someone called Sean Nalewanyj. If like me, you guys have done a lot of research on the internet about differnent concepts of muscle building, you will realise that Sean's stuff actually makes sense.

I'm on a high intensity routine, which consists of an 8-week cycle. I will be doing 3 days a week of weights (one leg/abs day, one chest/triceps/shoulders day, one back/lats/biceps day) and 2 days a week of high intensity 20min cardio which can be on treadmills, rowing machines, cross trainers, exercise bikes or a 20min bodyweight circuit training routine.

After the 8 week cycle, I'll do a 2 week quick cutting phase (so my body doesn't get used to being in a fasting state and conserving energy, a concept practiced by Layne Norton, top natural bodybuilder) and get back on the weights again.

My starting stats:

height: 5'7", weight: 125 pounds, bodyfat: 18%

Supplements: whey isolate, creatine, omega 3, NOXPUMP (pre-workout stimulant), tribulus terrestris.

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was Leg + Abs day:

All exercises are performed with max intensity (unless it's a warmup), to failure if possible.

Warmup:
5 mins very light treadmill warmup to get blood flowing to the legs
2 sets of warmup squats, 88 pounds, 10 reps, very light to warm up the legs

2 sets of max effort squats, 154 pounds, 6-7 reps (went to failure on the second set on the 7th rep)

1 set of leg press, 231 pounds, 6 reps then a forced negative to failure

2 sets of stiff-legged deadlifts, 176 pounds, 7 reps, wasn't intense enough so I'll probably go to 187 pounds next week.

1 set of leg curl machine, 70 pounds, 6 reps to failure.

3 sets of standing calf raises (with a Smith machine and standing on a platform): 242 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

2 sets of kneeling rope crunches, 66 pounds, 7 reps to failure

1 set (for each side of my obliques) of woodcutters, 26.4 pounds, 8 reps to failure.

Last edited:

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I look forward to following your progress. What does your diet look like?

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
I look forward to following your progress. What does your diet look like?
I'm on a seefood diet. I see food, I eat it lol.

I'm bulking but still trying to be balanced, i.e. not gorging on fast-food all the time, but it's pretty lax and not strict.

Typical diet:

Breakfast: cereal, banana, milk, peanut butter on toast, handful of mixed nuts +dried fruit.

Mid-morning: protein bar, apple

Lunch: Anything, usually sandwiches, pasta salads, sometimes a hot meal.

Post workout: Protein shake (depends on my university timetable when this is, it's sometimes morning, early afternoon or evenings), omelette.

Late afternoon (coming back from university): Instant noodles (400 calories, not too filling so it's good for packing in calories), deli meat (lean turkey breast chunks, chicken breast or tuna chunks, not slices/processed sh!t).

Early evening: potato chips, chocolate bar, cake, fruit, protein shake

Dinner: Any hot meal, usually I cook it so I can be creative and vary things if I like.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was Chest/tricep/shoulder day:

warmup: 5 mins on a machine which is a bit like an exercise bike but for arms (i.e. with handles that you rotate around like pedals on a bike).

2 warmup bench press sets (44 pounds), 10 reps

Max effort bench press (my upper body strength sucks so it's really light...but that will improve with time and effort): 94 pounds, 2 sets, 5 reps to failure

Incline dumbbell press: 35 pound dumbbells on each arm so 70 pounds in total, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

Tricep dips: assisted with machine, 22 pounds assistance, 2 sets, 5 reps to failure

Seated dumbbell press: 26 pound dummbells on each arm, so 52 pounds in total, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure

Side lateral raises: 22 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 44 pounds in total, 2 sets, 9 reps to failure

Tricep cable pulldowns: 44 pounds, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure

Dumbbell french press: 1 dumbbell lifted with 2 hands, 38.5 pounds in total, 1 set, 5 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was back/bicep day:

Warmup: 5 mins on that exercise bike for arms machine (I don't know the name of it LOL)
2 warmup deadlift sets, 10 reps, 88 pounds

Max effort deadlifts: 2 sets, 220 pounds, 5 reps to failure (this really takes the wind out of my sails, I was grunting and screaming to push out the last rep on each set).

Overhand chin-ups: assisted machine, 22 pounds of assistance, 2 sets, 7 reps to failure

Bent-over barbell rows: 2 sets, 77 pounds, 5 reps till I lost form, then drop-setted to 55 pounds, 4 reps to failure.

Barbell shrugs: 2 sets, 132 pounds, 6 reps to failure.

Barbell curls: 2 sets, 44 pounds, 7 reps, didn't get to failure so I did a forced negative to failure on each set.

Seated hammer curls: 22 pounds on each arm so 44 pounds in total, 6 reps to failure

Wrist curls: 44 pounds, 5 reps to failure

Side-note: I'm noticing my abs coming out a lot. My rectus abdominis muscles are really showing, and my obliques are starting to become visible. I still have love-handles but I'm sure if I stick to the workout routine, those will vanish.

Seeing progress this early is encouraging!

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did 20mins max effort on an exercise bike on Friday, and on Sunday I went out to the countryside with a friend and cycled up hills for an hour...it was fun and the countryside was awesome, but I haven't done this in years...it was really exhausting and annhilated my quads and calf muscles.

You really appreciate the great outdoors and have the chance to get away from the city, as well as have a good workout.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its good that you have a general schedule in place for when you eat. Overall your diet lacks in quality muscle building foods. If you follow this diet for the next 12weeks, I believe that you'll be very happy with your results.

Meal 1- 4 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, 2scoops whey

Meal 2- 5oz Beef/Chicken/Fish, 6oz Brown Rice or Yams

Meal 3- 5oz Beef/Chicken/Fish, 6oz Brown Rice or Yams

Meal 4- 6oz Beef/Chicken/Fish, 1oz almonds or natural peanut butter, veggies

Meal 5- 6oz Beef/Chicken/Fish, 1oz Almonds or natural peanut butter , veggies 5Fish Oil

JonJaper said:
I'm on a seefood diet. I see food, I eat it lol.

I'm bulking but still trying to be balanced, i.e. not gorging on fast-food all the time, but it's pretty lax and not strict.

Typical diet:

Breakfast: cereal, banana, milk, peanut butter on toast, handful of mixed nuts +dried fruit.

Mid-morning: protein bar, apple

Lunch: Anything, usually sandwiches, pasta salads, sometimes a hot meal.

Post workout: Protein shake (depends on my university timetable when this is, it's sometimes morning, early afternoon or evenings), omelette.

Late afternoon (coming back from university): Instant noodles (400 calories, not too filling so it's good for packing in calories), deli meat (lean turkey breast chunks, chicken breast or tuna chunks, not slices/processed sh!t).

Early evening: potato chips, chocolate bar, cake, fruit, protein shake

Dinner: Any hot meal, usually I cook it so I can be creative and vary things if I like.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Its good that you have a general schedule in place for when you eat. Overall your diet lacks in quality muscle building foods. If you follow this diet for the next 12weeks, I believe that you'll be very happy with your results.

Meal 1- 4 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, 2scoops whey

Meal 2- 5oz Beef/Chicken/Fish, 6oz Brown Rice or Yams

Meal 3- 5oz Beef/Chicken/Fish, 6oz Brown Rice or Yams

Meal 4- 6oz Beef/Chicken/Fish, 1oz almonds or natural peanut butter, veggies

Meal 5- 6oz Beef/Chicken/Fish, 1oz Almonds or natural peanut butter , veggies 5Fish Oil
What you have described is ideal but it is hard to be able to fit in such a diet with university. The advantages of a protein bar is that it is portable, zero preparation/cooking, 300 calories, 18g of protein per bar, not messy, won't stink out my bag and it's really quick to eat so I can quickly have it in a 5-10 min break as opposed to having a meat/rice meal.

However, I definitely see the advantage of the extra protein in the form of meat...the only way I can see myself fitting it in with university work is to have chicken/beef/lamb/fish with rice when I come back from university.

So perhaps instead of the potato chips/chocolate bar/cake snack...I can have a chicken breast with brown rice in the early evening.

Preparation shouldn't be too taxing...I'll be in my apartment after university and I can just stick chicken breasts/pieces of fish/ beef steaks in the oven, put the rice on boil and go do something for 20mins while it all cooks, I don't have to stand there.

Starting from today I'll do that...I'm getting brown rice and salmon steaks from the supermarket on my way back from the gym today!

Thanks for the advice dude! You've just been +repped!

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JonJaper said:
What you have described is ideal but it is hard to be able to fit in such a diet with university. The advantages of a protein bar is that it is portable, zero preparation/cooking, 300 calories, 18g of protein per bar, not messy, won't stink out my bag and it's really quick to eat so I can quickly have it in a 5-10 min break as opposed to having a meat/rice meal.

However, I definitely see the advantage of the extra protein in the form of meat...the only way I can see myself fitting it in with university work is to have chicken/beef/lamb/fish with rice when I come back from university.

So perhaps instead of the potato chips/chocolate bar/cake snack...I can have a chicken breast with brown rice in the early evening.

Preparation shouldn't be too taxing...I'll be in my apartment after university and I can just stick chicken breasts/pieces of fish/ beef steaks in the oven, put the rice on boil and go do something for 20mins while it all cooks, I don't have to stand there.

Starting from today I'll do that...I'm getting brown rice and salmon steaks from the supermarket on my way back from the gym today!

Thanks for the advice dude! You've just been +repped!

Your welcome. I understand the whole university situation. Eat the meals when you can and when you can't look to replace them with a 2 scoop protein shake+fruit or 2 protein bars which will transport easy and have no prep time like you were saying. It won't always be perfect just strive to do the best you can and over time you'll make a lot of progress!

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was Leg + Abs day. I was feeling lazy and didn't want to go to my university gym which is far away, so I just got a day pass at a local gym. The equipment was good but some machines were different so I had to improvise.

Warmup:
5 mins very light treadmill warmup to get blood flowing to the legs
2 sets of warmup squats, 88 pounds, 10 reps, very light to warm up the legs

During the warmup, some roided musclehead noticed my form was a bit off so he gave me some pointers on perfecting the form for squatting. Because I was practicing to get the proper form, I didn't go to failure and max effort.

2 sets of squats, 144 pounds, 8 reps, not max effort.

1 set of leg press, 352 pounds (on a different machine to last week, so don't compare weights), 6 reps then a forced negative to failure.

2 sets of stiff-legged deadlifts, 176 pounds, 7 reps...forgot to increase to 187 pounds, didn't break a sweat. Need to increase weight for next week.

1 set of leg curl machine, 75 pounds, 6 reps to failure.

3 sets of standing calf raises (with a different machine from last week): 286 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

2 sets of kneeling rope crunches, 66 pounds, 7 reps to failure

1 set (for each side of my obliques) of woodcutters, 33 pounds, 8 reps to failure.

Any numbers in bold signify increases from last week.. I didn't count weight changes when I used a different machine from last week because that wouldn't be a fair comparison.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was Chest/tricep/shoulder day:

warmup: 5 mins on a machine which is a bit like an exercise bike but for arms (i.e. with handles that you rotate around like pedals on a bike).

2 warmup bench press sets (44 pounds), 10 reps

Max effort bench press (my upper body strength sucks so it's really light...but that will improve with time and effort): 99 pounds, 2 sets, 5 reps to failure

Incline dumbbell press: 35 pound dumbbells on each arm so 70 pounds in total, 2 sets, 7 reps to failure. I will move on to 39 pound dumbbells next week.

Tricep dips: assisted with machine, 22 pounds assistance, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure

Seated dumbbell press: 26 pound dummbells on each arm, so 52 pounds in total, , 1st set was 7 reps, not intense enough so second set was with 30 pound dumbbells on each arm, 5 reps to failure

Side lateral raises: 22 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 44 pounds in total, 2 sets, 9 reps to failure

Tricep cable pulldowns: 44 pounds, 2 sets, 7 reps to failure

Dumbbell french press: 1 dumbbell lifted with 2 hands, 38.5 pounds in total, 1 set, 6 reps to failure

Any numbers in bold (weight number, or rep number, signify increases + progression from last week).

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. bake 15 chicken breast at 9PM Sunday.

2. store in correct portions in refrigerator. 3 breast per tupperware. store first 3 tupperware in fridge, last 2 in freezer. 10:30PM Sunday.

3. 6:45AM Monday-Friday: Remove single tupperware (containing 3 breast each) from fridge. Insert into lunch box along with ice pack from freezer.

4. Insert lunch box into backpack or trunk of car. 7:30AM

5. 10:30AM. Remove 1 chicken breast and consume.

6. 12:30PM. Remove 1 chicken breast and consume.

7. 3:30PM. Remove 1 chicken breast and consume.

8. 8:30PM. Remove lunch box from backpack and wash tupperware. stack tupperware in cupboard.

-----

No excuses with uni. Why? Because when you finish uni and get a full time job, are you going to make the "i dont have time" excuse as well?

You'll never have time unless you make time.

In highschool, I used to run out to my car between classes and eat 100g of beef mince and a fistful of spinach.

At work now, I have a 1L thermos and a 2.2L water bottle. I fill the water bottle and leave it in the fridge overnight with the cap off. First thing in the morning before work I boil water for a coffee. At the same time, I take 3-4 green tea bags and toss them into the thermos. I can either boil the water there or at work depending on how much time I have. While the water is boiling for the coffee and thermos, I reach into the fridge and pull out a tupperware container. Then I go to the cupboard and get a shot glass and 2 bottles. 1 bottle contains coconut oil, 1 bottle contains EV olive oil. I measure 20mL of each and put it in the tupperware with the chicken.

Takes all of 1 minute to do while I wait for the water to boil.

Then I make a coffee and eat my egg white and oats breakfast, and take a shot (30mL) of fish oil, as well as some supps.

While I eat I browse the news.

After eating I shower/shave and put my suit on. Then I take my gym bag and suitcase and lunch box and toss it all into the trunk of the car.

When I get to work I take my suitcase and lunch box. The lunchbox has the chicken/olive oil and chicken/coconut oil lunches along with a 2.2L bottle of water and a 1L thermos of hot green tea.

If im feeling motivated ill prepared veggies or rice or a salad and add that, but normally i leave those side dishes for other meals to cut down on prep time. Aside from shopping, total prep time to eat good solid lunches is about 25 minutes per week. 20 seconds to preheat oven. 5 mins to remove packaging from bulk chicken breast and season/spice them and put on baking tray. 5 mins to remove from oven and put into tupperware and into fridge. then 1 min each morning to remove from fridge and insert into lunch box. optional 1 min to add fats to chicken for complete meal.

Same thing for class at uni, just keep the lunch box with you or in your backpack.

No excuses dude.

shopping list and tips:

- 25 tupperware containers. if ur anal like me get BPA-free ones.
- 1 or 2 large lunch box (sometimes u will forget to clean one).
- 1 large water bottle, 1L or greater. BPA-free again.
- 3 shot glasses (for the oils in the morning, makes it easy).
- 2 baking trays for oven
- 2 rolls of aluminum foil
- 3 protein shaker bottles.

learn to eat hard-boiled eggs. saves heaps of time. 1 min to fill pot with water and drop eggs into water and put on High heat stove. 1 min to remove eggs and put back into carton and into fridge, then drain water and clean pot. thats 2 minutes prep to make 12 eggs. lasts 1-4 days depending on consumption. I used to cook eggs every morning on the stove. never realized how much time that wasted.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
1. bake 15 chicken breast at 9PM Sunday.

2. store in correct portions in refrigerator. 3 breast per tupperware. store first 3 tupperware in fridge, last 2 in freezer. 10:30PM Sunday.

3. 6:45AM Monday-Friday: Remove single tupperware (containing 3 breast each) from fridge. Insert into lunch box along with ice pack from freezer.

4. Insert lunch box into backpack or trunk of car. 7:30AM

5. 10:30AM. Remove 1 chicken breast and consume.

6. 12:30PM. Remove 1 chicken breast and consume.

7. 3:30PM. Remove 1 chicken breast and consume.

8. 8:30PM. Remove lunch box from backpack and wash tupperware. stack tupperware in cupboard.

-----

No excuses with uni. Why? Because when you finish uni and get a full time job, are you going to make the "i dont have time" excuse as well?

In highschool, I used to run out to my car between classes and eat 100g of beef mince and a fistful of spinach.

At work now, I have a 1L thermos and a 2.2L water bottle. I fill the water bottle and leave it in the fridge overnight with the cap off. First thing in the morning before work I boil water for a coffee. At the same time, I take 3-4 green tea bags and toss them into the thermos. I can either boil the water there or at work depending on how much time I have. While the water is boiling for the coffee and thermos, I reach into the fridge and pull out a tupperware container. Then I go to the cupboard and get a shot glass and 2 bottles. 1 bottle contains coconut oil, 1 bottle contains EV olive oil. I measure 20mL of each and put it in the tupperware with the chicken.

Takes all of 1 minute to do while I wait for the water to boil.

Then I make a coffee and eat my egg white and oats breakfast, and take a shot (30mL) of fish oil, as well as some supps.

While I eat I browse the news.

After eating I shower/shave and put my suit on. Then I take my gym bag and suitcase and lunch box and toss it all into the trunk of the car.

When I get to work I take my suitcase and lunch box. The lunchbox has the chicken/olive oil and chicken/coconut oil lunches along with a 2.2L bottle of water and a 1L thermos of hot green tea.

If im feeling motivated ill prepared veggies or rice or a salad and add that, but normally i leave those side dishes for other meals to cut down on prep time. Aside from shopping, total prep time to eat good solid lunches is about 25 minutes per week. 20 seconds to preheat oven. 5 mins to remove packaging from bulk chicken breast and season/spice them and put on baking tray. 5 mins to remove from oven and put into tupperware and into fridge. then 1 min each morning to remove from fridge and insert into lunch box. optional 1 min to add fats to chicken for complete meal.

Same thing for class at uni, just keep the lunch box with you or in your backpack.

No excuses dude.

shopping list and tips:

- 25 tupperware containers. if ur anal like me get BPA-free ones.
- 1 or 2 large lunch box (sometimes u will forget to clean one).
- 1 large water bottle, 1L or greater. BPA-free again.
- 3 shot glasses (for the oils in the morning, makes it easy).
- 2 baking trays for oven
- 2 rolls of aluminum foil
- 3 protein shaker bottles.

learn to eat hard-boiled eggs. saves heaps of time. 1 min to fill pot with water and drop eggs into water and put on High heat stove. 1 min to remove eggs and put back into carton and into fridge, then drain water and clean pot. thats 2 minutes prep to make 12 eggs. lasts 1-4 days depending on consumption. I used to cook eggs every morning on the stove. never realized how much time that wasted.
That's a really solid plan but you don't mind eating cold chicken breasts all the time? Sorry for hijacking your thread Jon.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Konada said:
That's a really solid plan but you don't mind eating cold chicken breasts all the time? Sorry for hijacking your thread Jon.
No problem Konada...I know this is a progress thread but discussion is also encouraged so feel free to chip in. I know cold chicken breasts might not sound so appealing, but sometimes you have to break out of your comfort zone to really progress. Plus I'll season them with pepper, a sauce, or dried herbs so they don't taste so so bland.

Also, once in a while I'll have turkey breasts, fish, minced lamb/beef instead of chicken breasts all the time as EFFORT suggested so it doesn't get boring AND I have a varied source of my animal protein.

Quiksilver said:

And Quiksilver, thanks for the advice. It really motivated me to try harder with my diet and overcome challenges! You got +repped too.

You're right, when there's a will, there's a way. Time management is key, and I gotta make time for myself because no one else will.

If I really want to progress, I gotta take this sh!t seriously. Pu$$ies and silly excuses can be left at the door. I REALLY want to have a lean, muscular body, I REALLY want to be physically fit.

I want this SO F*CKING BAD that I'm prepared to put in the hard work, the preparation, the intensity...I'm prepared to eat when I feel stuffed and don't want to eat anymore, have cold chicken breast after cold chicken breast, gulp down protein shakes that taste of a$$ and push out intense set after intense set while others around me stay in their low-risk, low-gain comfort zone, being AFCs, watching reality TV, eating fast food and ice cream etc because I know that my hard work will pay off. I'm already seeing progress.

That's the beauty of bodybuilding...it's that the work you put in will really show, the input and effort really matches the output! A lot of things in life don't have such an awesome input-to-output match.

I will still have a balanced diet with fruits, nuts, protein bars, and a varied lunch and dinner so it doesn't feel too restricted but still is high in protein at the same time. The chicken breasts will supplement the diet, not replace it. Although I'll ditch the potato chips/chocolate bar/ cake combo and replace that with chicken breasts instead.

This weekend I'll try and get an ice pack to keep the chicken breasts cool and fresh along with a lunch box, tupperware boxes, another shaker and a large reusable plastic water bottle so that my lean, mean, protein machine meals become fully portable.

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So this is the modified diet (which I'll implement after the weekend when I'll get all the stuff I need hopefully):

Breakfast: Wholegrain cereal, banana, milk, peanut butter on toast, handful of mixed nuts, omega 3 supplement.

Mid-morning: Protein bar, apple, chicken breast/fish/lamb/turkey/beef

Lunch: Anything.

Post workout: Protein shake stacked with creatine, 2 boiled eggs. (If I don't get the chance to come back to my apartment within 30mins after my workout, I'll pre-cook the eggs, season them to mask the stink, pack them in a box and put the dry protein powder+creatine mix in the shaker so I can mix it and have it on the move).

Mid-afternoon: Chicken breast/fish/lamb/turkey/beef + fruit (orange/pear/whatever)

Late afternoon (coming back from university): Brown rice, fish, vegetables (I'll prepare this beforehand), omega 3 supplement, fruit smoothie/real fruit juice (not the artificial sh!t)

Early evening: Chicken breast/fish/lamb/turkey/beef, noodles, protein shake stacked with creatine.

Dinner: Anything, with milk + omega 3 supplement.

It seems to have everything I need in it (protein, essential fats, sufficient carbs, vitamins, minerals, fibre) + there's still a degree of flexibility to it with regards to the meats, lunch and dinner...I look forward to getting on this!

Opinions?

Last edited:

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JonJaper said:
Opinions?
I still recommend the diet I posted and the meal prep approach quik posted, but its really up to you. Give your modified diet a go and see how it works for you. Either way you'll learn a lot.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
I still recommend the diet I posted and the meal prep approach quik posted, but its really up to you. Give your modified diet a go and see how it works for you. Either way you'll learn a lot.
I've incorporated what you + Quiksilver have said especially with meal prep and adding better protein sources in the form of chicken/fish etc, but I've added some variety with respect to lunch + dinners (I'll still be sensible + make sure I have a good carb, protein and essential fat component to the lunch + dinner...e.g one dinner might be beef steak with brown rice, yams and vegetables) plus I've included antioxidant, vitamin, mineral and fibre components in the form of fruit.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was back/bicep day:

Warmup: 5 mins on that exercise bike for arms machine (I don't know the name of it LOL)
2 warmup deadlift sets, 10 reps, 88 pounds

Max effort deadlifts: 2 sets, 225.5 pounds, 5 reps to failure.

Overhand chin-ups: assisted machine, 22 pounds of assistance, 2 sets, 7 reps to failure

Bent-over barbell rows: 2 sets, 88 pounds, 5 reps till I lost form, then drop-setted to 55 pounds, 4 reps to failure.

Barbell shrugs: 2 sets, 121 pounds, 6 reps to failure. (lowered the weight from last week for better form on the exercise)

Barbell curls: 2 sets, 55 pounds, 6 reps, to failure...I cheat curled the last couple of reps.

Seated hammer curls: 22 pounds on each arm so 44 pounds in total, 6 reps to failure

Wrist curls: 44 pounds, 6 reps to failure

All numbers in bold represent increases in weight, or rep number compared to last week.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JonJaper said:
I've incorporated what you + Quiksilver have said especially with meal prep and adding better protein sources in the form of chicken/fish etc, but I've added some variety with respect to lunch + dinners (I'll still be sensible + make sure I have a good carb, protein and essential fat component to the lunch + dinner...e.g one dinner might be beef steak with brown rice, yams and vegetables) plus I've included antioxidant, vitamin, mineral and fibre components in the form of fruit.
That sounds good Jon, your definitely on the right track now. Now its all about showing up to your meals and the gym!