Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where Did All The Good Men Go?

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where Did All The Good Men Go?

Satire by AldenHamil

I am a woman of Generation Y and I've just turned 29 years old. I've been looking for Mr. Right since I was 26 and there's one little problem I keep running into: There are no Mr. Rights lining up to marry me! I know I'm not alone here, because I've seen plenty of articles on the Internet about women just like me having the same problem. I really don't know what's wrong with me, and why men aren't more interested in me.

I'll admit... I've made some mistakes. Like most women of my generation, I grew up being taught that I could do anything I wanted, and that there'd never be consequences for my actions. I was always taught that I deserved the world, and that my entire life would fall into perfect harmony any time I wanted it to, including marriage, promptly by the age of 30. You see, being taught these notions as a little girl, I decided to do what most of my girlfriends did: once I got out of high school, I spent the next ten years "finding myself" by spending all of my free time chain-smoking cigarettes and getting drunk in bars and clubs. There were many men I got involved with during this period of my life. None of them were the wholeseome kind of men you could build a life with, but I didn't care. I wanted action. I wanted excitement and drama. I knew those men never cared about me and only wanted sex, but I gave it to them anyway. Some of them hit me, and a few smashed in my car windows, but whatever. I've been with over fifty men, not counting the ones I just fooled around with. Is this hurting my chance to find true love?

There were a few really great men who came into and out of my life during this period, usually from outside the bar scene. They were men who really cared about me, who were concerned for my well being, and who did the little special things to let me know they cared, but I ignored them. I did, I'll admit it. Every man who came into my life who displayed these positive traits - the kind of traits that could have led to stability and happiness - I rejected. I found them boring. Honestly, I was having too much fun with my lifestyle to ever take notice of the men who actually treated me like a human being. I was addicted to promiscuous sex with bad boys who never loved me. Most of my girlfriends were the same way. Why settle for a good man before you have to, right?!

Now I'm 29 years old. I only drink on the weekends and I've curbed my smoking somewhat, but it's taken a real toll on my body. My looks are fading, and my biological clock is ticking. I am a single mother of one child born out of wedlock to an abusive, no-good father who never loved me or even had a relationship with me. Not that I wanted a relationship - he was just some guy I met in a bar and I liked how he talked to me like I was dirt. What can I say, it made me hot. He's currently in prison for armed robbery, so he's not coming back for another eleven years.

I guess it helps to know that I'm not alone in this. Nearly all of my girlfriends made the same decisions I made, and we're all having trouble landing quality, marriage-minded men now that we're getting older. Where did all of those good men go? Didn't they realize that all we needed was a decade of promiscuous, no-strings-attached sex with non-committed, low quality men, after which we'd be ready to "settle" for a decent, stable man and a house with a white picket fence?

I mean what gives? I'm done chasing bad boys and now I feel like I deserve to have a kind and hard-working man come and marry me and be a good provider and father to my son. I don't care what he looks like as long as he's over 6 feet tall, makes good money, doesn't have kids, hasn't ever been married, has a nice car, has his own house, is planning for the future, is confident, funny, independent (but not too independent), fashionable, suave, educated, cultured, and wants to treat me like the amazing, special person that I am. Is that really too much to ask? Why can I not find a man like this? Where did all the good men go?

Signed,

The Women of Generation Y

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm betting a man wrote that. The last paragraph is so over the top it's a dead giveaway.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
zekko said:
I'm betting a man wrote that. The last paragraph is so over the top it's a dead giveaway.
yep, looks fake to me

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speculator E said:
Right, I didn't even notice it said satire at the beginning.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It may be satire, but I am embarassed to say I dated a woman who had the exact phrase in her online profile. "Where did all the good guys go?"

Nevermind the fact she was a former party girl slut who was gangbanged. Nevermind she was a single mom who's father split and she is looking for a beta provider.

And please nevermind the fact I dated her, until she started begging to move into my place and I rejected the b!tch.

**** you b!tch. Where did the good women go? Overseas, that's where.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
"where are all the good/nice guys" is pretty common on dating sites and now more so on things like facebook.

My opinion on what is going on when I hear or see this:
the person who sends out such a message is communicating several things.
firstly, she is alerting everyone who can see and hear her cry, that she has dated/banged the bad boys, she has a less than glorious past and this, should be ringing alarm bells to men who might be looking to her as possible LTR material.

secondly, she is signalling her intentions that she is willing to step of the C0ck Carousel (or at least continue it behind your back and not be so obvious about it) in return for a man investing his time and money in her, she needs the stable relationship in order to prove to the world that she still holds value because deep down, she knows she is being labelled a skank with each day and with each failed 'relationship' that goes by, and this 5hit is getting more difficult.

thirdly, by advertising that she wants a nice/good guy, she is allowed to then lurch into victimhood, "im sick of cheats and liars and abusive men" (you can hear the clanking of armour and the hoofbeats of the approaching white knights already!) the sisterhood rally round her, " yeah you have had some really bad luck, you need someone who will really care about you, you deserve it...." :rolleyes:

in many ways facebook, although I am aware some on here detest it and I can see why, is quite an eye opener to the machinations of the female brain. comments such as I 'sick of men' have a flurry of supportive comments and a multitude of likes, its a huge supportive network of sistaz who Have all been through the same cr@p, trodden the same path and will do again, it humours me :crackup:

right now one of my 'friends', female, divorcee, is starting to hit the wall, the full on collision hasnt quite happened as she was stunning in her youth and even now in her mid 40's, she is still attractive and in shape. Another bad boy has just gone by the wayside and she too is sick of cheats and liars. she laments the 30 years of bad luck she has had. one of the signs of a relationship ending are the numerous and regular profile pic changes (lots of likes and support, lots of validation as the only thing the seems to have going for her are her fading looks.

another thin about the nice guy/good guy...women say they want them, they dont, they never will, they want what they bring, they will never feel the deep passion and committment they have for the alpha/bad boy, as much as they profess their love, it is a hollow ersatz version which will always be on thin ice.

San

Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is as short as an half-taken breath.. set your priorities straight.. seldom a good man wants a party-girl who's still in a phase were she bathes in the attention of "boys". That's just displaying kids behavior. So men tend to treat you like a kid because of that.

My name is sander which means protector of men.. now go play or grow up.. and stand beside your man! (perhaps you are one yuourself ;)

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this article is taken from "no mr nice guys forum" , so yes it is written by man .
women issues not about getting a bf or husband, but more about getting high quality one .
they usually ask how can they date a rich and handsome men .
if she is over 35 she ask where she can find rich single men without kids .

logicallefty

Reaction score
While this is a believable story, only a man would call out truthful woman BS such as this. No woman would admit to this. I agree, I think it's fake.