Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Public Displays of Affection - Getting Attention From Other Men?

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Help!

My new girlfriend is very needy and affectionate. I have no problem with that. I actually like it, but I've noticed it's getting other men's attention. I'm not sure what to make of this attention.

I guess I'm really surprised that a couple in their 40s would generate attention of any kind. When I was married and out with my wife, my wife would never touch me. So, all of this is new to me.

First off, I think she's attractive. She's 40, 5'8", extremely slim, blonde, outgoing. She's a flight attendant. We're in a long distance relationship at the moment.

The first time this unwanted male attention happened was on our second date, she was at the airport gate waiting for me to get on my flight. She was in uniform, not working, so she could get a free ride back home. She wasn't even in the terminal of her airline. She was all over me. The line to get on the plane starts and we're standing near the line, she's in my arms, we're kissing a lot, and her body is plastered to mine.

Some guy starts yelling at us for kissing, tells us to stop. threatens to have her fired. We completely ignore him and keep kissing, then I get on the plane and head home. I didn't even see what he looked like, but if he got in our face, I would totally have hit him. I figure this was a one off since we were on a 2nd, really successful date and the hormones were flowing.

I've lost track of what date number this was, but the other day, we're in a downtown diner. She's not in uniform, we're holding and our legs under the table are fully extended, resting on each other's legs the whole time. That's it. Not that out of the ordinary, I would think. We just about finished our lunch when a man who was leaving tells us "No more holding hands, you too!". He was kind of joking. I just smiled, looked at her, kept holding her hand and she said something to him, I forget what. As I stated, she's very out going.

I didn't think much of it, but it's a very small world. The guy in the diner ended up being on her flight she was working. He saw her and said "You look really familiar". He remembered her after the plane took off and they chatted a little.

I don't feel insecure about it. She's completely in love with me and she's putting in far more work into the relationship than I am.

But what bothers me is:

1) Why are men coming up to us and telling us to stop being affectionate? I've never seen this before. Is it jealousy? Is it a challenge? Am I giving off a vibe that I'm a pushover or something? I'm 5'11, fairly fit and muscular for my age, and yet, I'm feeling a little challenged, especially after the diner incident.

2) What's the best way to respond to it?

3) Is this a common reaction for men when there's a couple clearly in love who seem a little overly affectionate?

Thanks!

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear BMP,
Just ignore this attention...What they dislike is her saying to the World I am crazy about this Guy...They are just jealous!

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Scaramouche! She is very openly expressive, shows her feelings easily.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if she's doing it for attention-wh*redom, then that's one thing. But some women are just really affectionate when they're into a guy.

As far as other mens' reactions, who cares? I've found that over the past few years, men especially have been getting more and more negatively aggressive. Not sure why that is. Lots of road rage, assaults, arguments with strangers, dudes yelling at each other in the streets.

Haven't noticed it so much with women.. perhaps because they're less inclined to shout at strangers. But with men, over the past short while, I've noticed it's grown rapidly. Not sure what's going on.

But don't let it interfere with your relationship. IMHO it's like dealing with some lunatic on the road -- don't engage. Just ignore. You never know if the dude is going to pull out a gun and start shooting the place up.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blue pill men are angry because they KNOW something isn't right in the world , but they can't figure out WHAT. They TRUST women, the government, etc and believe their lies.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Silly motherf**ker, just ignore it. Unless you're into the guy who's watching.

I got into these PDA's with a petite older lady I work with. Somebody jealous in HR made a "no kissing rule" thinking we would be doing this in front of customers. Oh, we were for quite some time, booty grabbing included!

We were both into each other. Everything else was just outside noise.

Steady Eddie

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's jealousy pure and simple. Any male onlooker would feel a twinge of it. With middle age men this feeling would subside and the thought 'good for him' would cross his mind with an accompanying image of himself in happier times.

It's the idiots who don't have a sexual history of worth to fall back on, who scream and shout when comforted with PDA.

It's their problem not yours.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! It's the first time I've been with a woman so affectionate and expressive. I'll just ignore them and keep focusing on her. :)

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, all these PDAs make you appear weak, childish, and unprofessional. Who wants to see a couple of people slobbering over each other in a line or anywhere else public? It's totally inappropriate.

This is high-school stuff. I would get out of your "our own little world" mentality. The reason others find your behavior uncomfortable and alarming is because it IS.

There's nothing wrong with some affection in public but clearly you two are taking it too far.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
OP, all these PDAs make you appear weak, childish, and unprofessional. Who wants to see a couple of people slobbering over each other in a line or anywhere else public? It's totally inappropriate.

This is high-school stuff. I would get out of your "our own little world" mentality. The reason others find your behavior uncomfortable and alarming is because it IS.

There's nothing wrong with some affection in public but clearly you two are taking it too far.
^^This.

Sure, these other guys may be jealous, or they may not be. But what we know is that you are providing an environment for them to voice their opinion. They were already jealous (maybe) now you're being annoying to add to it. Not to mention this chick is probably slowly losing IL in you because you do this all the time with her, like a desperate teenager. Why do you think they are actually saying something? Because, like Atom Smasher said, you are giving off a weak vibe in addition to being annoying.

Unfortunately a bunch of posters in this thread told you a bunch of rubbish that you want to hear, so you likely won't listen. Spin some more plates, geez, and you won't be tempted to engage in ridiculous PDAs with a woman in a long distance relationship, whatever that is.