Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Putting My Cat To Sleep

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This morning, I'll be taking my cat on his one-way trip to the vet to be put down. He's having trouble walking, falls over once in a while, he seems to have some kind of gum disease and his teeth are all fvcked up which has caused him to drool uncontrollably, and on top of that he's about 20 years old.

Got him as a fixed adult back in 1998, the day after I moved out of my parents' house. The funny thing is this was my ex-fiancée's cat (the woman who drove me to this site). When she ditched my AFC ass, she decided not to take her cat, so I ended up with him. That fvcking cat has come along for the whole bumpy ride of my entire adult life.

Of course I'm gonna be sad to put him at rest, but It feels like this is a major event to distance myself even further from my ex-fiancée.

Fvcking cat. He was more loyal than any of the women I've been with.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Condolences, Des. That's a tough thing to do, but I try to look at it as the last thing that you can do for them. And if you have any live ones, treat them as well as you can, because when they're gone, you're going to remember how well you cared for them.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh shyt man.. My condolences. Had to do the same thing 6 months ago with mine. But mine was only 8yo. He had congestive heart failure and had a seizure in front of my kids. Dr said in order for him to live he would have had to come in once a week to have fluid drained from his chest. No life for a cat (not to mention vet bills which already had added up to well over 3k from previous injuries) had to let him go. Held him in my arms as vet euthanized him.

He passed very peacefully.. Hopefully yours does too.

Epi

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
My mom had to do that to chilli beans. Cat was like 22, I was only two years older than her. She kind of just ended up going weird in the head. She started to go blind, get herself stuck behind the washer for some reason, or just where ever.

It really sucked because this cat was awesome. If one of us was unhappy as kids, she would seek us out and literally comfort us, dont know how she knew.

She was also a master assassin, she could catch anything.

I still think about her from time to time.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
My wife lost her cat of 15 years last month. Cat made it to the Vet and waited until I arrived to see her, then passed, of her own accord, two-minutes later.

We have four dogs, each of whom are full of life, and robust in each's personality. It's going to absolutely kill me to say goodbye to any of them. In my profile is a picture of me and my Dottie. She's been with me for over a decade. Now though, she's beginning to show signs of aging. I spend every moment with her, playing and telling her how much I love her.

She's my girl.

Des, it's hard brother, but persevere and push through it knowing you have your Cat a great time while here.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
noobolgy said:
She was also a master assassin, she could catch anything.
Yeah, mine was like that too. He'd go out, kill a rabbit, and drag it home as a present. It was kinda sad to see him falling over and drooling blood and remembering him as such a strong, tough motherfvcker.

Right after I dropped him off to be euthanized, a lady walked in with a carrier containing a mother cat and a litter of kittens. I said jokingly "I kinda want the black one" since my cat was black.

On the drive home, I was nearly kicking myself for not following through with my joke. I started thinking "I wonder if the theory of 'fvck another woman to get over a previous one' works for getting over a cat's death"

Anyway, had a shot of Sambuca, and now I need to go give the litter box a final emptying.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Super harsh, bro. I'm truly sorry for the loss of your friend.

I had a vet put my last cat down without me there, without my consent, after a BPD ex closed him in a room all day (and he held his pee and ƒuckered up his kidneys). It was terrible. I vowed to never take an ailing pet to the vet for that business. I can only imagine the terror of the cat, in a bright-white place, with strangers, without his long time friend...

No sir. I would never treat a friend of mine to that death: inhumane in my eyes, and my spirituality won't allow for it. Never again. I will treat my pets to more comfort in the future than a scary car ride to a strange smelling place full of strange people and noises. I wanted nothing more then but to pet my cat in the yard and, when he was purring contentedly, sneak the .22 up to the back of his head.

"Look over there, Lenny. You can almost see the bunnies." *PoP*

Beyond being easier on my soul, and likely the cat's, a nickel for a .22 bullet isn't the "salt in the wound" the $750 vet bill was.
"We tried everything." :rolleyes:
Damn pet health industry: they tried everything to rack up the bill.

Well, I bought a six-pack of Guiness, built a funeral pyre, and I'll be damned... at mid-point the fire got CRAZY bright and burned furiously! Right afterwards, a shooting star began above the fire and crossed the whole sky.
"There goes my boy... chasing mice across the heavens."

I know how it goes, Des. My cat was a better friend, and closer for a lot longer, than many guys and gals who came and left in my life. ...always glad to see you when you got home, not waiting to start b¡tching.

Not a good start to your weekend. I'm terribly sorry for you.
:flowers:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My neighbor shot a cop and had to go away for a while. His elderly cat adopted me. That was six years ago.

I really like calicos and tortoise shells. The tri-color cat is an ancient good luck symbol. Sailors took them all over the world. They are also the only cat that can't be cloned; they have three parents instead of two.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
I really miss my last cat. He was a killer and a pimp. Well the one before him, also a male (who also just went ghost on me, both of them did, d!cks) was a pimp also. One time my neighbor came over and says "I found like 6 dead ground squirrels (or what ever they are called, you know the ones who dig tunnels) in my yard in a neat line." I started to apologize, and he says "no, no. I really just wanted to thank you, ive been trying to kill them for like 3 years and your cat did it in one night." haha.

Also my neighbor had dogs, golden retrievers. My cat had balls. One time his dog met my cat face to face. My cat sneezed and his dog ran away.

Some times my nieghbor told me he worried about his dogs because he though my cat would fvck his dogs up.

Anytime I cooked meat. I gave him about 1/3 of it, before I cooked it.

The real bastards are raccoons. My cat fought them many times. I assume he would win in the end, but they did a lot of damage to him some times. Over 400 dollars spent on this fvcking guy because he keeps fighting sh!t.

One time I saw the raccoon in a tree in my back yard. I through bricks at him because he was fvcking my boy up. I killed it.

One day, about a month and a half before my ex left, he didnt come back. I was depressed for a while. That cat was my bro.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really miss my last cat. He was a killer and a pimp. Well the one before him, also a male
I started thinking about the best cats I had, and the worst ones. The worst ones were the females. They were no better than crazy slvtty emotional girlfriends.

I had two male cats, and they clicked really well with me. If I decide to get another cat, it's going to be another male.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I started thinking about the best cats I had, and the worst ones. The worst ones were the females. They were no better than crazy slvtty emotional girlfriends.

I had two male cats, and they clicked really well with me. If I decide to get another cat, it's going to be another male.

Yeah. Male cats are less needy. If you let them just be an inside/ outside cat, they will even stop using the litter box and sh!t outside. My unfixed male cats never sprayed inside. I think they realized I was the dominate one.

Some times they just like to sleep outside.

Just give them a home base, feed them meat, and they will go out for days to fight and fvck.