Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Manchester United sign Angel Di Maria

ChrisFloyd

Banned
Reaction score
The Red Devils are coming back, lead by an Angel :D :D :D

Can't believe Real sold the boy after what he had done for them last season. LOL at Florentino Perez and his transfer policy, Real Madrid is gonna suffer this season. =)

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrisFloyd said:
The Red Devils are coming back, lead by an Angel :D :D :D

Can't believe Real sold the boy after what he had done for them last season. LOL at Florentino Perez and his transfer policy, Real Madrid is gonna suffer this season. =)
As a Real fan, I think many people havent paid good attention to our season last year. DiMaria was wasnt a big force much of the first half of the year. He had a good second half and a good World Cup, but hes definitely replaceable at the club level. He played a large part in the last few games of the Champions League season, but he's not a make or break player for the Real Madrid squad.

Real Madrid always have stars come and go. But we keep our superstars. Guys like Ronaldo and Bale are the type of players Real would never sell in their prime as their skills arent easily replaced. DiMaria is good, and I wish him well, but I feel Man United overvalued and overpaid for him.

Remember what happened with Ozil last year? And Ozil was very good for Real in club and in Europe...but he was wasnt as great with Arsenal. I can see the same thing happening to DiMaria. The EPL is more uptempo and physical imo. It takes getting used to.

Real made their cash though. That will help us after we greatly overpaid for James Rodriguez.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
As a Real fan, I think many people havent paid good attention to our season last year. DiMaria was wasnt a big force much of the first half of the year. He had a good second half and a good World Cup, but hes definitely replaceable at the club level. He played a large part in the last few games of the Champions League season, but he's not a make or break player for the Real Madrid squad.

You know how much i adore Ronaldo, but even i can acknowledge that Di Maria was the reason La Decima was won. When everyone around him was tired and lagging, he decimated Atletico with that piercing run that led the way to La Decima. A "good second half" is underestimating his contribution. He also led La Liga for assists with 17. Know your sh1t before you get exposed. And yes, he was a make or break player for Real Madrid. Only when Di Maria was implemented in the 4-3-3 formation was when Real Madrid started playing at their brilliant best. If you think United overpaid for a CL winner, La Liga winner and World Cup finalist, what do you think of Real Madrid paying that sum for James Rodriguez? A meager Europa League is the best he can presume about. Be quiet and go back to your women's book club.

Real Madrid always have stars come and go. But we keep our superstars. Guys like Ronaldo and Bale are the type of players Real would never sell in their prime as their skills arent easily replaced. DiMaria is good, and I wish him well, but I feel Man United overvalued and overpaid for him.

Remember what happened with Ozil last year? And Ozil was very good for Real in club and in Europe...but he was wasnt as great with Arsenal. I can see the same thing happening to DiMaria. The EPL is more uptempo and physical imo. It takes getting used to.

Ozil is a lazy player. He does not track back or do his share of defensive work. Also, he tires easily. Di Maria is fast, tracks back and has mesmerizing dribbling. All of those are qualities to make it in the EPL.

Real made their cash though. That will help us after we greatly overpaid for James Rodriguez.
Responses in bold.

Good Gao

Banned
Reaction score
I am disappointed in Man United, they came into the transfer market late and haven't made the splash that needed to be made in this season. Have full faith in the manager but they could have gone after Vidal and made other key signings. With rival club Chelsea making big signings and teams like Real, Barcelona, and Atletico making a splash I am wondering where the second richest club in all of football has gone this offseason.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Gao said:
I am disappointed in Man United, they came into the transfer market late and haven't made the splash that needed to be made in this season. Have full faith in the manager but they could have gone after Vidal and made other key signings. With rival club Chelsea making big signings and teams like Real, Barcelona, and Atletico making a splash I am wondering where the second richest club in all of football has gone this offseason.

Their manager was not available and busy at another job while Chelsea and co making signings.

Tonight, they lost 4-0. The team needs a total overhaul and it looks like their dynasty is finished. Just like it will happen to Chelsea and Man City where their respective benefactors become bored and leave.

They will be in the wilderness for many years to come. Just as well, you can't have one team winning everything. That is just not fair.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MK Dons...a League One side. I dunno what to say about that game. United have to do much better than to allow 4 goals to MK Dons. Yikes.

What are the real expectations from fans this season? I imagine top 4 would make fans happy after what happened last year. There isnt pressure to win league this year is there? Because realistically I dont think fans should expect it. The team is in a transition period with so many new players and a new manager.

You know how much i adore Ronaldo, but even i can acknowledge that Di Maria was the reason La Decima was won. When everyone around him was tired and lagging, he decimated Atletico with that piercing run that led the way to La Decima. A "good second half" is underestimating his contribution. He also led La Liga for assists with 17. Know your sh1t before you get exposed. And yes, he was a make or break player for Real Madrid. Only when Di Maria was implemented in the 4-3-3 formation was when Real Madrid started playing at their brilliant best. If you think United overpaid for a CL winner, La Liga winner and World Cup finalist, what do you think of Real Madrid paying that sum for James Rodriguez? A meager Europa League is the best he can presume about. Be quiet and go back to your women's book club.
Learn to read better. Did you miss the part where I said Dimaria had a good second half and world cup? Did you miss the part where I said he was very important in the law few games of the champions league?

Yes, United overpaid for a player who's greatness shined through in only half of last season. The same way Real overpaid for James who had a mediocre club season last year, but a great world cup(which I said in my first post). Great showings in small time periods doesnt make either of those players worth those transfer fees. They are good players, not great ones.

Read my posts with comprehension next time before you try and cop an attitude with me. Got it?

Ozil is a lazy player. He does not track back or do his share of defensive work. Also, he tires easily. Di Maria is fast, tracks back and has mesmerizing dribbling. All of those are qualities to make it in the EPL.
I have heard this from a lot of people when it comes to La Liga players switching to the EPL. The game is played much differently and the defenders are better. Nevermind the referees allowing more physical play, calling less weak fouls, and not falling for embellishment as much.

Im a Dimaria fan, but Im realistic. The guy is good...but not amazing. He's a tier to a tier-and-a-half below the likes of Suarez, Bale, and especially Ronaldo and Messi. I'll say it again, he wasnt worth the fee, and the EPL will test him a lot. This doesnt mean he's not a good player. It just means that based on his body of work in the 5 years he's been with Real Madrid, hes been a good, but not great player.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Im a Dimaria fan, but Im realistic. The guy is good...but not amazing. He's a tier to a tier-and-a-half below the likes of Suarez, Bale, and especially Ronaldo and Messi. I'll say it again, he wasnt worth the fee, and the EPL will test him a lot. This doesnt mean he's not a good player. It just means that based on his body of work in the 5 years he's been with Real Madrid, hes been a good, but not great player.
I realise Bale is really good but is he really top top tier? I live in the UK and the media make him out to be a god. I figured there is some bias in that.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mangotot said:
I realise Bale is really good but is he really top top tier? I live in the UK and the media make him out to be a god. I figured there is some bias in that.
Let me be more specific. I feel Ronaldo and Messi are the highest tier. No one is in their skill level right now. Then I believe below them are players like Suarez, Mueller, and Bale, Neymar. These are great players who have led teams as the best player and figurehead of the team for an extended time. Just below that (but not as big a gap as the Ronaldo-Messi tier), I believe there is Dimaria, Kun Aguero, Hulk...etc. Good players, but not superstar, team leading level imo.

So to directly answer you, I do think Bale is overrated by UK media...but hes still very good. I do think Real went overboard with the fee they paid for him...but what Bale has done on the pitch is proof in the pudding. I was worried that he was being overrated by the media, and many people did shrug at him being the best player on a team like Spurs. But he really did shine for Madrid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qS-OFRYP0Q

This right here was when I felt Bale really cemented himself as a big game player and quieted many doubters. And tbh, I always thought the best part of his game was free kicks. I knew he had pace and dribble...but I never expected that. And I totally didnt expect the referee to play the advantage on that play. I was actually yelling at the ref when they tried to bungle Bale out of bounds.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn to read better. Did you miss the part where I said Dimaria had a good second half and world cup? Did you miss the part where I said he was very important in the law few games of the champions league?
I did read that. I said that a "good second half" was an understatement. Do you know how much money Di Maria brought upon Real Madrid by that goal that changed everything? Do you know what La Decima meant in revenue and overall prestige?

Yes, United overpaid for a player who's greatness shined through in only half of last season. The same way Real overpaid for James who had a mediocre club season last year, but a great world cup(which I said in my first post). Great showings in small time periods doesnt make either of those players worth those transfer fees. They are good players, not great ones.
James topped the assist charts in Ligue 1 last season. I know all the statistics. Think before you respond back to me. You can't pass this bs through me. He is vastly overrated, but he did not have a "mediocre" club season last year. Di Maria won a CL. What exactly did James' great showing bring? Nothing. A great World Cup? He made it to the quarters. Di Maria made it to the final. Di Maria is a step above James.

Read my posts with comprehension next time before you try and cop an attitude with me. Got it?

I have heard this from a lot of people when it comes to La Liga players switching to the EPL. The game is played much differently and the defenders are better. Nevermind the referees allowing more physical play, calling less weak fouls, and not falling for embellishment as much.
I wouldn't say the defenders are necessarily better. I'd say they are a lot more physical and aggressive. In a league where players like Luis Suarez, Didier Drogba, Ashley Young and Eden Hazard play, i'm sure the referees don't fall for much embellishment..... and considering some have been punished for giving a penalty when it was a dive.

Di Maria is a winger. You can't compare his role to strikers like Suarez, Messi or even Ronaldo. You could definitely compare him to Bale. While Di Maria may not be "amazing", he was a vital cog that made Real Madrid win the long awaited Decima. He really made a huge difference.