Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good ol PC/anti-free speech strikes again

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because saying "bless you" after someone sneezes is just too darn godly and religious :crazy:.

http://news.yahoo.com/bless-you-suspension-153852989.html

A high school senior in Tennessee says she was given an in-school suspension for saying "bless you" to a classmate who had sneezed.

Kendra Turner, a student at Dyer County High School, told WMC-TV that when her teacher told her she had broken a class rule against invoking religious terms, she complained.

She said that we’re not going to have godly speaking in her class," Turner said, "and that’s when I said we have a constitutional right. ... It’s all right to defend God and it’s our constitutional right, because we have a freedom of religion and freedom of speech."

Turner was sent to the administrator's office, where she finished the class period with an "in-school suspension," WMC said.

According to Turner, school officials told her parents that their daughter had shouted "bless you" and had disrupted the class.

Local pastor Becky Winegardner said this wasn't the first time Turner's teacher had clashed with students over religion.

“There were several students that were talking about this particular faculty member there that was very demeaning to them in regard to their faith,” Winegardner told WMC. “This was something that had come up previously in the last few weeks just since the beginning of school, and I shared with all of those students what their rights were.”

Turner said that "bless you" is listed among several other banned terms on the teacher's whiteboard.

"'Bless you,' 'hang out,' 'my bad,' 'dumb,' 'stupid,' 'stuff' and just things like that," Turner told WBBJ-TV.

She added that after her suspension, fellow students wore T-shirts emblazoned with the words "Bless You" to support her.

The Dyer County Schools superintendent's office could not immediately be reached for comment. According to WBBJ, school officials declined "multiple requests to talk on camera about the incident, but said [the incident] has been blown way out of proportion."

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is not religion, the problem is christian religion..if she said something jewish or muslim there wouldnt be any problem at all.

A swedish cvnt wanted to ban happy xmas from schools but didnt even mention ramadan or hannukkah in her "speech" at the euro parliament, she said xmas related things could count as discrimination for foreigners...

Just to make it clear, I take my decisions according to my reasoning and Im definitely not an active christian nor I believe religion should influence our choices.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
The problem is not religion, the problem is christian religion..if she said something jewish or muslim there wouldnt be any problem at all.
I agree, and my question is, why? Why Christianity? What makes it stand out?

I have my own opinion, but I want to hear others' opinions.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
No hard feelings goyim. It's just your European Christianity and the morality it's based on is incompatible with our plans for Western countries. Plus we hate it lol.

Yours sincerely
Globo-zionist re-engineers.

There's a reason why emasculated white gentile neckbeards now shout proudly to whoever will listen "I'm an atheist". Hint: and it's not because of some mass scale coincidental enlightenment. A prerequisite of mass scale enlightenment is your countries trajectory down the toilet bowl is not actually speeding up. These basically chick-like herd creatures merely swapped out Christianity for cultural Marxism. (I make reference to males because chicks follow whichever morality is on offer and don't come equipped with male introspection, for that they get a pass.)

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
I agree, and my question is, why? Why Christianity? What makes it stand out?

I have my own opinion, but I want to hear others' opinions.
Because Christians are ~80% of the population, Jews are 1~2%, Muslims are less than 1%, and religiously unaffiliated are ~16%. Christians are the overwhelming majority. Christians whether they do it knowingly or not suppress all the other sects of the population by sheer numbers.
If we were in Israel, we'd be saying Jews were the oppressors, if we were in an Islamic country, it'd be the Muslims who were the oppressors.

Its just things like people saying "bless you". People throw that stuff out there all day long, I don't go around trying to spread my atheism in public. I cant sneeze without someone saying "god bless you". I try not to let it irritate me because I know they mean well and are just being polite, but it is somewhat frustrating none-the-less. I don't hear many Muslims shouting "Allah Akbar" in public, or Jews saying Jewish praises. They keep their heads down, because they know they are the minority. Christians as of now have no consideration to control their religious speech, they do it without thinking because it is widely accepted in this country. It should be free, but it should also be expected that some may be offended. Would you loudly exclaim "Allah Akbar" in the an airplane? Yet somehow I bet you could get away with yelling "Praise Jesus". Notice the inconsistency?

The way this story sounds to me, the girl was testing the limits of what she could get away with in class. Kids do this kind of stuff all the time. It is the teachers discretion to decide whether "bless you" was an acceptable statement or an insubordinate outburst. She made her decision and clearly the school stood behind her. N ext the kid goes home and tries to bend parents against other adults, or manipulate parent against parent. We've all been in this situation as a kid.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right when I think I've heard everything, something even more ridiculous comes along.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Right when I think I've heard everything, something even more ridiculous comes along.
The news story or special edy saying that just existing as a majority is suppressing others or both? I think they are both ridiculous.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it, yell some Islamic prayers in the classroom and see if you don't get disciplined. You will a whole hell of a lot faster than Christians.

Christians are EIGHTY PERCENT. They dominate everything. They even go door to door trying to convert people. The dollar bill says "in god we trust". The pledge has "under god" in it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
The news story or special edy saying that just existing as a majority is suppressing others or both? I think they are both ridiculous.
The news story - that saying "Bless you" when someone sneezes is now a problem.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
Christians are EIGHTY PERCENT. They dominate everything. They even go door to door trying to convert people. The dollar bill says "in god we trust". The pledge has "under god" in it.
I guess this is a little more tolerable than flying planes into buildings, sawing guys' heads off, and slaughtering villages, yes?

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
Do it, yell some Islamic prayers in the classroom and see if you don't get disciplined. You will a whole hell of a lot faster than Christians.

First off "bless you" is not a "Christian prayer", it is a 2000 year old western tradition. No one is shouting out prayers in the classroom, And the term "God" is not Christian or any religious affiliation either per se. It could be Judeo, Christian, Muslim or any other monotheistic belief.

And you want to make comparison? Try to say a christian prayer in many muslim countries and you likely will end up dead or your head cut off. Try to be an atheist in those countries even.

I get it that you hate Christians, whites and the US most of all, but don't try to paint every other group as better. They're way worse than even the mostly made up allegations you have with Christian, whites and US in general.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok....Edy lets be real here. While the Takbir ("Allahu Akbar") and Praise Jesus have similar meanings...there's a huge reason why they are treated differently by everyday citizens.

The reason is terrorism. You rarely, if ever nowadays, come across any story of a Christian saying something exalting of their Lord before harming or killing people. There are however, many Muslims who exalt the lord and shout the Takbir before massacring people. That's the major issue here.

While I agree that in any nation the dominant religion will influence how people behave and who is more outspoken about their god...we cannot really compare the reactions toward Christianity and Islam without addressing modern day terrorism. And I say this as an Atheist myself.

Last edited:

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
They even go door to door trying to convert people.
Q: What do you get when a Jehovah's Witness converts to Satanism?
A: Someone who goes from door to door and tells you to go to Hell.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some thoughts:

1. Tennessee huh? That's unexpected.

2. The student didn't say who would do the blessing. Just "bless you." Could be Satan. In fact I hope it is. These libs are trying to drive Satan out of our schools and I think it's just plain wrong. In fact I think it's offensive these imbeciles automatically assume it's God. You get better mileage out of Satan - proven fact.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Heathens Should Go Live in Cuba or China

Special EDy said:
if we were in an Islamic country, it'd be the Muslims who were the oppressors.
In an Islamic country, we'd be jailed for saying that.

Special EDy said:
Its just things like people saying "bless you". People throw that stuff out there all day long, I don't go around trying to spread my atheism in public.
That's good, I wished that your heathen brethren felt the same way.

Special EDy said:
I cant sneeze without someone saying "god bless you". I try not to let it irritate me because I know they mean well and are just being polite, but it is somewhat frustrating none-the-less.
Yeah, same on those people who are wishing good tidings.

Special EDy said:
I don't hear many Muslims shouting "Allah Akbar" in public,
If you do seek cover, because there's going to be a bright flash of light and an explosive following soon after.

Special EDy said:
Christians as of now have no consideration to control their religious speech,
The only who go around proselytizing are the Jehovah's Witnesses, you get it with the Catholics. I have no problems with it because the intent is good. I only have a problem with religious fanatics when they're on the train and they start preaching. I'm not cool with anything that I'm a captive audience to.

Special EDy said:
but it should also be expected that some may be offended.
Why would you be offended? That's a personal issue. It's funny how people are offended by a person's religion, but when faggots are running around here with that faggot sh*t, we're suppose to be tolerant and accepting of that.

Special EDy said:
Would you loudly exclaim "Allah Akbar" in the an airplane?
No, because it will get you f*cked up. If some dude did that in my vicinity on a plane, I'm going to try to kill his ass because I'm going to assume he's trying to cash in his one way ticket to paradise to get his seventy-one virgins and he's trying to kill some infidels in the process.

Special EDy said:
Yet somehow I bet you could get away with yelling "Praise Jesus". Notice the inconsistency?
That's because with somebody yelling "Praise Jesus," a person isn't under the assumption that their life is imminently in danger.

Special EDy said:
The way this story sounds to me, the girl was testing the limits of what she could get away with in class. Kids do this kind of stuff all the time. It is the teachers discretion to decide whether "bless you" was an acceptable statement or an insubordinate outburst. She made her decision and clearly the school stood behind her. N ext the kid goes home and tries to bend parents against other adults, or manipulate parent against parent. We've all been in this situation as a kid.
The teacher and principal should be suspended.

Last edited:

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
Heathens Should Go Live in Cuba or China
<sarcasm>Right, because America doesn't have freedom of religion and one is stripped of citizenship if one doesn't follow a government-approved religion there. Therefore, heathens have no business living in America.</sarcasm>

Suck it up and deal with it; "heathens" are as much American citizens as any other, and you have no authority over where any given American "heathen" chooses to live.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Chronocidal said:
Suck it up and deal with it; "heathens" are as much American citizens as any other, and you have no authority over where any given American "heathen" chooses to live.
They should, but the atheists, (in the same vain as the homos,) are trying to force their anti-religion view down every bodies throats.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not trying to force anti-religion down your throat, quite the opposite is true. I don't think anybody should force their religion down anybodies throat. You realize this makes me the neutral party, by not having a religion?
Somehow, a certain religion in this country feels that when they aren't allowed special privileges they are being mistreated.
Homos would be treated with as much disdain in a public setting as Christians for saying to much. Inappropriate or hateful speech is usually treated as such. Once again, you are not the neutral party. You are the one asking for special permissions and for restrictions to be placed onto others, gays just want equal rights.

As to why things can be offensive? Just because it is religious in nature, does not make it nice. Should I not be offended when someone tells me I'm going to burn in hell for eternity (and sometimes with the addition that they take joy in this)because I don't agree with them? Things like "have a blessed day" can be stated with the inflection of sarcasm. There are countless ways in which nice things are contorted into negatives.

All this is beside the point of this topic. The girl disrupted the class and was appropriately reprimanded. Quite possibly she was already warned. The way the information is presented gives me a notion that she purposely outburst with a phrase "bless you" to test the limits of her speech. It's possible she could of said Gesundheit and been equally punished, or that the phrase "bless you" was particularly insubordinate given the history of the teacher. She played the victim card on her parents, and has played you. Her intelligence quite exceeds that of a great number who have bought into her child's game.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
I'm not trying to force anti-religion down your throat, quite the opposite is true. I don't think anybody should force their religion down anybodies throat. You realize this makes me the neutral party, by not having a religion?
Atheists love to hide behind this "neutral party" and "I have no beliefs" business. Even if you, yourself, are not forcing your beliefs (or lack thereof) down anyone throats, there are many atheists who do. I would say this teacher, who has banned the use of the phrase "bless you", is definitely trying to push her own personal agenda.

Special EDy said:
All this is beside the point of this topic. The girl disrupted the class and was appropriately reprimanded. The way the information is presented gives me a notion that she purposely outburst with a phrase "bless you" to test the limits of her speech.
Big Brother would love this one. There has to be conseuences for someone saying "bless you" to a sneeze. If the girl was purposely trying to test the limits of her speech, good for her for fighting an injustice. I suppose you think that Rosa Parks disrupted the bus and was appropriately reprimanded.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Atheists love to hide behind this "neutral party" and "I have no beliefs" business. Even if you, yourself, are not forcing your beliefs (or lack thereof) down anyone throats, there are many atheists who do. I would say this teacher, who has banned the use of the phrase "bless you", is definitely trying to push her own personal agenda.

Big Brother would love this one. There has to be conseuences for someone saying "bless you" to a sneeze. If the girl was purposely trying to test the limits of her speech, good for her for fighting an injustice. I suppose you think that Rosa Parks disrupted the bus and was appropriately reprimanded.
I used the word speech without necessary clarity. I meant testing the limits of what she can get away with, not free speech. Children arent allowed to curse in school either, or say offensive things; they possess little to no free speech within the institution of school. I meant to say she was testing what she could get away with; perhaps it was silent time or she was told to be quiet, and she chose to say "bless you". I'm sure there was ample warning beforehand, and I'd posit the child used this phrase as a dare to the teacher.