Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Expo’s Running Log - 16:59 5K or bust.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m going to keep a running log here, and maybe start offering advice to SS/DJ’s who want to get active in this sport.

I know that being skinny doesn’t necessarily drive the women crazy (some women dig it), but running does boost my morale, confidence, and gives me an outlet to work out my frustrations. To me, this is my inner game. If I’m having trouble in my life, I can escape for a little bit it and helps change my mindset. Running keeps me sharp at work, lean, and forces me to make healthy choices in my diet.

At top form, I was 6-2, 157lbs. my body looked like this: http://imgur.com/HSUL3Nl

I could run a 4:45 mile and 16:23 5K.

To me, running is an unrivaled, exhilarating feeling. I need this back in my life.

I went through some sh!t last year. I was too broken and depressed over my divorce and my cheating/BPD ex-wife to even put my shoes on and go out and run slow for 30 minutes. I hated myself and gained about 10-13 lbs of fat and muscle and completely lost who I was.

Around August of last year I noticed a change in my life and I got strong enough to start up again. I started lifting a bit and playing some soccer. I lost all of my speed and endurance and got injured after running too much too soon, but now I’ve successfully got back into the swing of things and I’m building my mileage back up. Right now, I’m at about 33 miles per week and I plan on building up to 50 miles per week hopefully by the end of the year.

My goal has been to get back to running a 5K just under 17 minutes and I plan on letting posting some of my workouts and holding myself accountable. Right now, I feel like a slob at 165 lbs. I’d like to get back to my racing weight of 160 lbs and get some more defined arms and shoulders. I will post a photo in a few days to give everyone a good idea where I’m at now.

I can also give pointers to those who want to add running to their workout plans.

Thanks.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today will be some intervals in my neighborhood. 2 miles warm up, 2.65 miles of intervals at 5K pace, and 1 mile to cool down.

Weights afterwards.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 mile warm up at a slow pace, 3.6 mile tempo run at 6:26 pace, followed by a 1 mile cool down run. Thinking my 5K time is around 18:50 right now. Aiming for about 36 miles this week.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Impressive times as it stands, good sir. You don't have much to worry about if you are hitting those sort of times from an extended off period! Stop beating yourself up so much over this...you are recording times that are far, far better than your average serious runner. Any improvement you are getting is just icing on the cake.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
36.5 miles last week...aiming at 40 miles this week and will hold at 40 miles per week for a few weeks.

I've got a marathon-relay I need to run this weekend with my girlfriend and her co-workers. Aiming at 6:20 pace for my 5 mile portion of the relay.

Most of my easy days are at 7:20-7:30 pace. Marathon pace is around 6:50, Tempo pace has been 6:25. I'm thinking the latter two paces will drop once I accumulate more miles per week.

In terms of weights:

3x10 Dumbbell Bench
3x10 Shoulder Press
3x10 Shoulder Front Raises
3x10 Shoulder Lateral Raises
3x10 Dumbbell Curls

I left twice a week - looking at moving to three times a week.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6:40 pace on my 5.24 mile marathon relay leg. Went through the first mile at 6:15 and felt pretty comfortable. What killed me and every other runner on this race was a mile long trail section through the woods through roots, dirt, hills, and sharp turns. Whatever. I've got a half marathon in few weeks and I'm focusing on that.

Time for some vanity. http://imgur.com/chrkxE5

I'm currently 6-2, 163lbs - but I've been trying to eat better. I'm big on cookies, Pizza, Burritos, but my girlfriend has been dragging me to Whole Foods and hooking me up at the salad bar. Diet has been the one things preventing me from the ripped runner physique that I want.

I need to starting hitting the weights heavier yet smarter. I'm big into shoulders and deltoids and actually injured my neck the other day doing some press work.

Last edited:

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First 40+ mile week in a long time last week. Looking at 40+ again for this week.

I'm noticing that I'm close to hitting the final notch on my belt again, which means I've leaned out a bit in the last couple of months. Looking decent, hitting the weights about 2-3 times a week.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
36 miles last week. Did a 12 mile run at 7:18 pace and hammered the last mile in the 6:00 minute pace range. Going to hit the weights hard this week.