Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How can i quit cigarette smoking ?

robinpitt123

Reaction score
Hi, I want to quit cigarette smoking and try lots of technique to stay away from smoking but it’s a difficult for me to stay away from smoking. I do not take any over the counter medicines to leave smoking because I don’t trust all this medicines. We observe in few cases all those medicines have reversed side effects on health. Therefore, we cannot take this risk. So any one can guide me or give me some natural cures to quit smoking. Your feedback is precious for me because your one suggestion can change someone’s unhealthy lifestyle. So give me your valuable feedback.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
robinpitt123 said:
Hi, I want to quit cigarette smoking and try lots of technique to stay away from smoking but it’s a difficult for me to stay away from smoking. I do not take any over the counter medicines to leave smoking because I don’t trust all this medicines. We observe in few cases all those medicines have reversed side effects on health. Therefore, we cannot take this risk. So any one can guide me or give me some natural cures to quit smoking. Your feedback is precious for me because your one suggestion can change someone’s unhealthy lifestyle. So give me your valuable feedback.
Cold Turkey.

I always enjoy an opportunity for personal growth....and you have been presented with one. No "weening" yourself off. No "Ill only have 2 today". Just quit. Zero cigarettes. By quitting this way you also will build up some willpower that will translate into other aspects of your life.

It will be hard.....just take it one day at a time. Id recommend Eric Thomas's youtube channel if you need additional motivation. The guy is phenomenal with words.

Jay kay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try nicotine patches, my brother has smoked for 15 years and he's off the smokes over a year now, they cost about 20$ for about a week but think of the damage your doing to your health and the amount of money you spend on smokes. Give it a try and just like TheException said, "Go Cold Turkey" and once you make it the 3rd week without smoking you won't feel like having one again. Good luck!

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vaporize high quality marijuana instead, it will help wean you off the cigarettes and its much healthier

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit cold turkey. Just stopped a year ago.
I tried all different medicines cold turkey works best.

robinpitt123

Reaction score
TheException said:
Cold Turkey.

I always enjoy an opportunity for personal growth....and you have been presented with one. No "weening" yourself off. No "Ill only have 2 today". Just quit. Zero cigarettes. By quitting this way you also will build up some willpower that will translate into other aspects of your life.

It will be hard.....just take it one day at a time. Id recommend Eric Thomas's youtube channel if you need additional motivation. The guy is phenomenal with words.
ya it also work effectively, i know personal growth and self worth play a vital role to change overall health conditions.

robinpitt123

Reaction score
Jay kay said:
Try nicotine patches, my brother has smoked for 15 years and he's off the smokes over a year now, they cost about 20$ for about a week but think of the damage your doing to your health and the amount of money you spend on smokes. Give it a try and just like TheException said, "Go Cold Turkey" and once you make it the 3rd week without smoking you won't feel like having one again. Good luck!
Good story bro, we definitely try to use nicotine patches.

rossmac

Reaction score
Hi robinpitt123,

Here is some tips as follow;

First, You have to take a strong decision to quit smoking
2nd, Determine a particular day from you can start quit smoking
3rd, Try to avoid people who are smoking and,
4th, Tell your family, and your best friends to encourage you for quit smoking etc...

Thank You.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try reading the book "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. It won't do the work for you, but it will help you understand your addiction and help recondition your mind so you're prepared to give up.

I quit twice. Once for 6 months, before making the foolish decision to have a couple on nights out...which just led to me getting hooked again. But I quit again and haven't smoked for 6 years.

In order to quit, you really need to build a big list of incentives and focus on them. Think of the health benefits, being able to breathe more clearly, smelling better, better skin, more money and so on. Project yourself into the future and imagine your life this way.

Another thing that really helped for me was making a major lifestyle change. When I gave up smoking, I hit the gym and changed my diet at the same time and went all out. I knew my appetite would increase when I stopped smoking, so I used this in a constructive way and ate lots of protein foods and bulked up.

Good luck!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^

The book Jariel recommended is good. It really makes you think about the psychological rationalising that you use to smoke.

To start with, I suggest that after you wake up in the morning, put off having your first cigarette as long as you can.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks.

How I did it (I was never super long-term addicted, and still a less than a pack a day):

-I continued smoking and buying packs.
-Also took maximum strength nicotine lozenges when I had the urge to, when I was busy.
-When I was free and had the time to smoke, I would puff and only inhale half of the smoke.

repeat, but with less inhalation as time went on.

Eventually I was only puffing, and not inhaling.
Still continued my lozenges for the nicotine.
Still continued the puffing (no inhalation) for the hand and mouth habit.

Eventually I was puffed out, and could really dislike the taste of the cigarettes. Eventually it just became disgusting. I could taste all the bad chemicals.

Continued my lozenges as I eventually stopped smoking or even puffing.

Weened myself off lozenges by taking the lesser strength doses.

Weened myself off of those with less and less usages.

And eventually, I was just sick of cigarettes.

(However, I do have nothing against having one or two every few months, I never picked it up again, and never even wanted to. After the first one I feel disgusting, and get reminded how gross it is. BUT I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.)

robinpitt123

Reaction score
Tips for quit smoking

rossmac said:
Hi robinpitt123,

Here is some tips as follow;

First, You have to take a strong decision to quit smoking
2nd, Determine a particular day from you can start quit smoking
3rd, Try to avoid people who are smoking and,
4th, Tell your family, and your best friends to encourage you for quit smoking etc...

Thank You.
Thanks I’ll defiantly follow what you suggest. I have previously employ one of those habits such as avoid people who smoke and I have decided to quit smoking by anyhow.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy the brand of cigarettes you hate the most. I found some menthol mini-cigars that were truly disgusting. Quitting is easy when your brain associates nicotine with an unpleasant experience.

henery125

Reaction score
Hi...!
Quitting smoking is a difficult and long process.First of all reduce the quantity of cigarettes.Eat and sleep well . Take deep breath to relax yourself and keep your mouth busy.And also avoid from alcohol and coffee .

demiwatkins

Reaction score
I think, before deciding to quit smoking, we have to decide that why do we want to quit it because sometimes our self decision gives us more power to do something !

rahul2630

Reaction score
robinpitt123 said:
Quit smoking aids like:
-Nicotine Patches
-Nicotine Gum
-Nicotine Inhalers
Are a great way to help quit smoking. It will also help to avoid friends who smoke for a while.