Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is She Shy or Not?

kingofgames010

Reaction score
Well basically this is about a girl (no surprise there XD) who Ive somewhat admired from afar. I go to a boarding school, so I see her around a lot, and theres just something about her that I really like. Im Facebook friends with her and Ive tried messaging her a couple of times without much success, as she has a reputation for never answering her FB messages. From what I hear, she thinks Im kinda funny and that I seem nice.

I actually tried talking to her a couple of weeks ago saying "Hey there, sorry if this sounds weird but Ive seen you around a lot recently and theres something about you that I find really interesting, and Id really like to get to know you better. Would you wanna hang out some time?". She seemed like she was reasonably happy to see me, smiling when I asked to speak to her. That being said, she acted quite awkward the whole way through, and seemed very shy. I also believe I may have been a little fast with my delivery, though I tried my best to keep my composure I stammered a little. Her final answer was a "maybe". So it wasnt the best result, but I hope its the worst either

Then came what happened the other day.

Basically every Valentines Day at my school (its actually the Tuesday beforehand but whatever) the students at the school buy "snuggles", where they pay for one of the seniors to go and hug someone. They can also buy roses, cookies, carnations etc as well. Basically someone paid for a snuggle which got me to hug that girl I like. She just looked really shy, nervous and awkward and said "Id rather not" and then one of my friends pressured us into doing it and it was just like 90% awkward and then I kinda ran away. And THEN I had a rose to give her that may have been one that I sent myself which she seemed really shy about receiving but according to one of our mutual friends she liked the rose and felt bad about rejecting the hug so I guess thats okay. I mean like theres always the chance she refused it because she was nervous about hugging me because she likes me but I dunno.

Currently Ive had a couple of my girl friends say that she might like me and is just really shy about it, and my current mood is that I have absolutely no self esteem in anything so Im obviously a biased source.

So what do you guys think, what should I do/how should I proceed?

defensiveend96

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gonna be honest here. I doubt she likes you. If she didn't want to hug you and didn't say yes when you asked her out then she probably doesn't like you.

Some advice: don't ask if you can speak to her, just go right up and speak to her. Be confident, smile and make eye contact. Also don't ask her if she wants to hang out right away. She has nothing to base her decision on as she doesn't know you at all. If she doesn't respond to your facebook message don't send any more. It will just annoy her. If your self confidence is low, I suggest you make a list of your bad qualities and what in your life makes you unhappy and then creating a plan on how you will improve these things. If you are out of shape, workout more and eat well. If you are shy around girls, talk to more girls and work on it. Read the dj bible too. Work on improving yourself and your qualities and the girls will follow.

miketan70

Don Juan
Reaction score
She seems as a really shy girl, since you mentioned that so many times:). With shy girls you have to go slow. Try to talk to her not in the way where you are letting her know you like her but something else. Some everyday conversation. Make sure she relaxed a bit. Once she starts to talk more, smile more and you see her relaxed then you can make a different move like suggest a cinema or something.

Chris80pitt

Don Juan
Reaction score
respond

miketan70 said:
She seems as a really shy girl, since you mentioned that so many times:). With shy girls you have to go slow. Try to talk to her not in the way where you are letting her know you like her but something else. Some everyday conversation. Make sure she relaxed a bit. Once she starts to talk more, smile more and you see her relaxed then you can make a different move like suggest a cinema or something.
I agree with miketan70 :)