Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women are like mirrors

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed that when they are really in to you, they tend to change to be more like you. Examples with my GF include that she now drinks my brand of whiskey, bought sandles the same brand as mine and uses many of my common phrases like "I like that" and "sort it out".

Anyone else notice this and have examples?

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it's basic body language/mirroring 101. When they're into you they mimic you (they're trying to get in synch with you). Once engaged, then you have the closeness, her following your lead and other forms of attraction. Attraction can never be denied....

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They certainly like looking at themselves in mirrors.

Knight's Cross

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mirroring is good unless it's bad. What I mean by that is if a chick mirrors TOO much, watch out. That means she doesn't have her own identity. Usually not a good sign, along the lines of borderline.
I have found that healthy women do mirror some. That's ok, as long as she sticks to her own identity. It's actually a good sign in small doses. You've got frame my friend. Just be sure she isn't doing it over the top.
KC

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, don't let this post worry you in light of past posts of yours, probably fine, but the personality disordered I've dated had been doing this for decades. They were like chameleon mish-mash of all their old BFs. At first you think, wow this woman has good taste in music... then after 6 months you realize it was never actually her taste, but the dude 3 BFs back from you. She got her knowledge of cars from another one, sports from another. Nothing wrong with this if it is a legit interest, but IME it rarely is.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is pretty common within all people, males males, girls girls, girls females, etc.

Somebody likes somebody (as a friend or lover) they'll copy them, usually subconsciously.

It's kind of how we're programmed to learn. We see people we like (our parents, hopefully) and try and copy them.

Later on in school we pick up habits, phrases, etc, from the "cool kids," etc.

Human see, human do.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
this is pretty common within all people, males males, girls girls, girls females, etc.

Somebody likes somebody (as a friend or lover) they'll copy them, usually subconsciously.

It's kind of how we're programmed to learn. We see people we like (our parents, hopefully) and try and copy them.

Later on in school we pick up habits, phrases, etc, from the "cool kids," etc.

Human see, human do.

That's why its good to consider who's close to you. You gonna be a lot like them.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah it's a form of flattery. My ex would always get all giddy when my accent would come out. She would try to imitate it. Any jokes or sayings I had would by recycled by her all the time.

Dasein nailed it too, I'm too old to give a f about that sh*t tho.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They might also take on your interests, start liking some of the music you do, stuff like that. If they really love you, they will adopt your favorite football team.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've definitely noticed the phrase mimicking. I keep on hearing my own material parroted back to me.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
This is a common symptom of borderline personality disorder.

Just a heads up.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
SeymourCake said:
This is a common symptom of borderline personality disorder.

Just a heads up.
all women do this when they are really, really into you and hold you on a pedestal.

But what you are talking about is mirroring, a tactic manipulators use to confuse some one. It can make some one unsure of your intention, and uncertainty creates emotional attachment.

Power dynamics[edit]
Main article: Power (social and political)
Additionally, individuals are likely to mirror the person of higher status or power within the situation.[9] Mirroring individuals of higher power may create an illusion of higher status, or create rapport with the individual in power, thus allowing the person to gain favor with the individual in power. This mechanism may be helpful for individuals in situations where they are in a position of bargaining with an individual who possesses more power, as the rapport that mirroring creates may help to persuade the higher status individual to help the person of lower status. These situations include job interviews, other work situations such as requesting promotions, parent-child interactions, and asking professors for favors. Each of these situations involve one party who is in a more powerless position for bargaining, and another party who has the ability to fulfill the person of lower status's needs, but may not necessarily wish to. Thus, mirroring can be a useful tool for individuals of lower status in order to persuade the other party to relinquish goods or privileges for the lower status party.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_(psychology)#Power_dynamics

Nice guys do this with women also.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If women were like mirrors they'd be a lot better looking.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We all do this to some degree. I have noticed women doing this. I got a big laugh out of my ex once, she started talking like one of her BFF's (different accent) and I said "why are you talking like Sallie?"

She didn't even realize it. Was funny though.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
glass half full said:
I got a big laugh out of my ex once, she started talking like one of her BFF's (different accent) and I said "why are you talking like Sallie?"
I had a buddy in high school. Went to Europe after college and fell in love with some Polish girl, so he went and visited her for a long stretch. I saw him a few years later and he was speaking with a Polish accent.