Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Predicament: Job offered by fling's father

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As title states, there's a girl I've been seeing like once a week, sometimes once every two weeks who I consider a fling but I can sense she's more invested.

Today she texts saying her dad is looking for help and she mentioned me because of my skills, which I currently do not have a job in, I'm just at a sh*tty labor job. So this would mean a door into a real career.

Thing is, I feel I would have a huge burden and feel her father looming over me expecting that I'm more serious about his daughter etc. let alone what she would expect from me in regards to her etc.

Thoughts?

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her father not only thinks you are some awesome kid that likes his daughter because his daughter spoke so highly of you, but also thinks you posses some skill you do not have.

The first thing that guy is going to do is see if you are worth being with his daughter and the job he just gave you by testing your skills.

What do you think?

Willard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you have to lose? If you work your ass off and her father likes you you aren't going to lose your job as long as you don't dump her in a terrible way.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Tryst,
Much easier to get another job if you have one!...See this as a stepping stone.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take the job, distance yourself from the woman (ok dump her) because it's a hard rule with you that you never date corporate stock or family of corporate stock. The company must come first!

SH

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
No. Do not take the job. Do you really have even think about why you need to turn your this offer down? Even if this was not a plate but a real girlfriend, do you really want a girl getting you a job? Where's your pride? Why don't you just cut off your balls and give them to this chick while you go work for her daddy.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
truth will be, he want to know what kind of guy his daughter is going out with, so he have a work spot and want to use it, thing is after you start to work and shows you are good even if you end things with her you will keep the job, but also don't take the job if you think you can't haddle it.

but lets say think on worse case scenario, you start to distance yourself and his daughter complain to him and then he fire you, can you find another job like the previous one easy? or even a better one?it more on how good you think you can do things and work.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on how serious of a fling this is and what kind of Dad she has. If this chick is fvcking crazy over you it could be bad news.

In any case I think if you take the job this will always be an issue until you move on.

(Unless of course you have a single friend you could hook her up with....:))

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ spoiler alert bro?

Also, she's not his wife....

who I consider a fling but I can sense she's more invested
Little bit of a difference there...

Don't take the job OP. Like owing somebody money, you will forever be their b1tch until you pay it back. She's trying to rope you in, keep you in her sites. If you're working for her DAD, you'll always be close by, and forever in debt to her, obligated to treat her well... HER DAD would be your BOSS, she would love nothing more.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
Once you have the experience and the name on your CV it does not matter how you got it.
Personally, I'd rather clean out port o potties, but that's just me.

BigSteve28

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your current job sucks and you're unhappy and can't find a new one and this door is open why not explore it. Is this girl that bad? Keep things how they are once a week or so and be open to more if it feels right.