Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The History of PUA

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Credit to Burroughs for this post.

Warren Buffet said "first come the innovators, then the imitators, then the idiots." That's what happened here.

The movement itself dates back to 1970, with Eric Weber's "How To Pick Up Girls." He sold a ton of books by mail order, and they did a Movie Of The Week about it, so a generation of men saw a way to make money and get laid. We didn't do much about that until much later.

In the 1980s, it was pretty clear the nice guys weren't getting laid, and books like "Nice Guys Sleep Alove" furthered the cause of the PUA. Enter the internet, in the mid-1990s, and love-advice boards on Prodigy and AOL, where the PUA viewpoint was censored as misogynist. You could lose your account for "offending women,"

With all these great methods out there, and so many men desperate for knowledge, the internet marketers swarmed in and began selling the same information that was available free, while moving from USNET to commercial websites where no one knew the true history, or knew where to find the original info.

Neil Strauss's "The Game" was the second book from this community ("Layguide" was the first). Before that, publishers didn't see a market for the male point of view, but that changed. Then the reality show came and everyone thought this stuff began in 2005 when really it was 1998.

As with card-counting in blackjack, it couldn't last. The women got wise, too many men started using the methods, thanks to the media, and too many copycat "gurus" without a clue began cashing in on the wave. Eventually, the men realized that it was mostly outdated or just bad to begin with, so income has tapered off, but there are always new suckers, especially in August, when they have college, anxiety about women, and a big student aid check for them to pilfer.

The PUA community is a good study in collective ignorance, and how people fight yesterday's war. It shows many of the flaws that exist in other words, like politics and media. With all the low-hanging fruit gone, today's guys have it very difficult, and women are creating even more of a backlash, saying PUA borders on rape. Kickstarter even banned funding for PUA books.

Think of the PUAs like Haliburton: laughing all the way to the bank while others hate on them.

The real backlash against the movement is from women who want to be able to pretend these methods don't work, since now they can't say they were fooled. They say that "no means no" yet won't unblur the lines and tell men what does work, because women don't want to admit that it's looks, money, and status. :crackup:

If you want to mock a few straw men by isolating a website or two, you miss the message. The PUA movement is giving way to the MGTOW movement, where men say that fine.. if PUA doesn't work, they give up. Now women are panicking over this because those men are no longer wasting money on the rigged carnival game.

In the end, MGTOW is impossible to fight, because, unlike PUA, women can't stop a man from not spending on them the way they can rebuff a PUA.

If all men remove the pedestal and use women strictly for sex.. there isn't much women can do about it. At best, they can step up their seduction game and starting treating men right. At worst, they will b!tch and moan (like they do now).. which only pushes men further away emotionally.

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But technically aren't you *****ing and moaning too........ahhh never mind.

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In those cases the professor temporarily knows more about the subject than me, while you're just a tool.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
No.Danny said:
In those cases the professor temporarily knows more about the subject than me, while you're just a tool.
Oh.. you're 17 and you know more than a 30 year old man? :crackup:

This type of stupidity is a perfect example of why men should wear condoms. Your father went in raw and now the world has yet another moron wasting space.

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I have great knowledge I am fairly young. I just think you're a complete buffoon, and now I will block you :cheer: :rolleyes:

TarantulaHawk

Banned
Reaction score
No.Danny said:
"Poon King" is a MGTOW. I've known it for a while.

Attaches MGTOW videos.(Sandman etc.)

Always finds fault with chicks.

Claims he's doing things for "self" (going it his own way) yet always manages to promote fault finding in chicks in everything he posts.

MGTOW's are pretty much bitter failures with women who continuously blame chicks and everything else but themselves as the main source of their problems.

Take a look at ANY MGTOW dude or their posts, videos, etc. and if you have some common sense with chicks to begin with you'll see most all of them are simps and pseudo "scientists" in regards to "evil" women. They just refuse to believe their partner pickers are and always were horrible let alone the majority themselves are nut cases.

Octogonal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
Oh.. you're 17 and you know more than a 30 year old man? :crackup:
Age has nothing to do with a person's wisdom.

Poon King said:
This type of stupidity is a perfect example of why men should wear condoms. Your father went in raw and now the world has yet another moron wasting space.
Are you trying to say your father used a condom and you're a mistake wasting space?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, I mean, I personally don't think of MGTOW as bad, but they don't really have my respect either. The SoSuave community, for example, promotes the ideas of MGTOW (such as self-improvement and focusing on yourself) as well as a few extra ideas that no other place in the manosphere has (like how to build actual inner game and finally become a natural with women). The reason why I don't like MGTOW is because the basic premise of it is to only care about yourself and your goals 'because that is the best way to keep your mind off of women'. I believe that it is for those who have given up or are unable (or refuse) to see the right way.

You also don't need to spend money on a chick to get her. All PUA communities will tell you that.

Roni_88

Don Juan
Reaction score
All extremes on whatever topic are always bad .. I believe its about a balance of putting yourself first but not completely generalizing that all women are evil,, there are exceptions.. not s many as we would like but there are..

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey look, I have no problem with poon saying its money, status and looks that most chicks respond to, like 95%. Don't hate the game, hate the player I say. Why not just use this to attract the chicks? Why worry about looking for the 5% of chicks who actually have something in the way of morals, values and scruples? Just bang away dudes, just bang away.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
TarantulaHawk said:
"Poon King" is a MGTOW. I've known it for a while.

Attaches MGTOW videos.(Sandman etc.)

Always finds fault with chicks.

Claims he's doing things for "self" (going it his own way) yet always manages to promote fault finding in chicks in everything he posts.

MGTOW's are pretty much bitter failures with women who continuously blame chicks and everything else but themselves as the main source of their problems.

Take a look at ANY MGTOW dude or their posts, videos, etc. and if you have some common sense with chicks to begin with you'll see most all of them are simps and pseudo "scientists" in regards to "evil" women. They just refuse to believe their partner pickers are and always were horrible let alone the majority themselves are nut cases.
Wrong.

To blame women for my problems would be giving them too much credit and importance to begin with. The bottom line is we are living in 2015 and not 1950. Men who continue to believe they can have the type of life/marriage with a modern woman their grandfather did are idiotic dreamers. They are also co-dependent weaklings.

You say MGTOW men are "bitter failures with women" yet you fail you realize how stupid and inferior you sound by entertaining the idea that "succeeding with women" is even a thing.. or that today's women are worth succeeding with. What is "succeeding with a woman"? Becoming a beta slave? Getting her to f*ck you? Getting married? What exactly is it?

highSpeed said:
Hey look, I have no problem with poon saying its money, status and looks that most chicks respond to, like 95%. Don't hate the game, hate the player I say. Why not just use this to attract the chicks? Why worry about looking for the 5% of chicks who actually have something in the way of morals, values and scruples? Just bang away dudes, just bang away.
They focus on that 5% of women because there lives are not worth living unless they can cling to a woman like a child to his mommy. :crackup:

Those 5% of women are going for the top men in the world. Men who have options and men who.. for the most part.. don't give a sh!t about becoming a cling-on to some "Princess" he puts on a pedestal because he has no other self-worth outside of his usefulness to a fairy tale bride.

TarantulaHawk

Banned
Reaction score
Poon King said:
Wrong.

To blame women for my problems would be giving them too much credit and importance to begin with. The bottom line is we are living in 2015 and not 1950. Men who continue to believe they can have the type of life/marriage with a modern woman their grandfather did are idiotic dreamers. They are also co-dependent weaklings.

You say MGTOW men are "bitter failures with women" yet you fail you realize how stupid and inferior you sound by entertaining the idea that "succeeding with women" is even a thing.. or that today's women are worth succeeding with. What is "succeeding with a woman"? Becoming a beta slave? Getting her to f*ck you? Getting married? What exactly is it?

They focus on that 5% of women because there lives are not worth living unless they can cling to a woman like a child to his mommy. :crackup:

Those 5% of women are going for the top men in the world. Men who have options and men who.. for the most part.. don't give a sh!t about becoming a cling-on to some "Princess" he puts on a pedestal because he has no other self-worth outside of his usefulness to a fairy tale bride.
So because you've failed with women you think the rest of us have? LMAO. You are living in a failures reality.

I knew you were a MGTOW a while back "Poon King". It's obvious in your views. And anyone can see the cult of MGTOW's or those claiming to "go their own way" aren't doing anything but keyboard warlording online while claiming to "have gone, or are going any day now" :rolleyes:

It makes sense you and your dad live off your mom. MGTOW's ultimate experience is to go "ghost" and do nothing. Contribute nothing to society.

You are in a cult "Poon King". A cult that isn't fooling anyone in normal society. You are nothing more than a group of disgruntled failures whom look at every negative thing you can to "prove" yourselves "right" in being do nothings and justifying your own failures.

No sane person is buying it. There are risks in life. If you don't take risks then what are you? Cult like group think isn't freedom. It's a hive mind of negative diseased minded sheep. Nothing more.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:

Success is subjective. What I may consider a success, you may not. Vice versa. You see, the issue isn't about women being inferior or not. The issue is that some men cannot process emotional reasoning, hence why places like this exist. A huge difference between male and female brains is that [in simple terms] everything in a woman's life is related to each other. Work, social circles, sports, etc. they are all interconnected in some way, shape, or form. This makes their way of life seem very complex, when in reality, it is very simple, but just unorganized. This is why what they do doesn't make sense to us men. The male mind separates these things (work, social circles, sports, school, etc) thus our mind is more complex, yet more organized.

It is a weird concept to think about or to understand really.

So quit being a cynical instigator, women aren't out to get you or to ruin your life. No one is. Life is how you perceive it to be, not the other way around. That is the biggest thing people here need to understand.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King is indeed MGTOW influenced but it's not necessarily a bad thing. There is a 99% element of truth in his posts about women but I think that he tends to speak from the extreme end of the spectrum and with a lot of negativity.

He uses already known facts about women and tries to preach it as though women are pure evil.

It's up to the reader to use a filter when reading his posts. Take out the useful knowledge and ignore the negativity.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
TarantulaHawk said:
So because you've failed with women you think the rest of us have? LMAO. You are living in a failures reality.

I knew you were a MGTOW a while back "Poon King". It's obvious in your views. And anyone can see the cult of MGTOW's or those claiming to "go their own way" aren't doing anything but keyboard warlording online while claiming to "have gone, or are going any day now" :rolleyes:

It makes sense you and your dad live off your mom. MGTOW's ultimate experience is to go "ghost" and do nothing. Contribute nothing to society.

You are in a cult "Poon King". A cult that isn't fooling anyone in normal society. You are nothing more than a group of disgruntled failures whom look at every negative thing you can to "prove" yourselves "right" in being do nothings and justifying your own failures.

No sane person is buying it. There are risks in life. If you don't take risks then what are you? Cult like group think isn't freedom. It's a hive mind of negative diseased minded sheep. Nothing more.
You're anger proves your blue pill ignorance.

Here is an idea: Attack the argument.. not the messenger. If what I say is indeed "bullsh!t" then point out the inaccuracies. Can you? Probably not. :crackup:

The irony of all this is I have not "failed with women". If you consider "success" with women to be attracting them, f*cking them, dating them, etc. with relative ease.. then I have no failed at all. The only thing I have failed at is seeing the value in committing to women and actually being able to enjoy such a commitment.

I am happiest when I go out with a woman a few times, f*ck her brains out a few times.. then peace out. Once I get into anything long-term (over 6 months) I just start feeling like a tool for someone else's happiness (which is exactly what I would be) as I get nothing out of such a commitment but irritation.

I also contribute a lot to society. If you believe the only way for a man to contribute to society is to become a woman's co-dependent beta b!tch then you're a blithering idiot.

TarantulaHawk

Banned
Reaction score
Poon King said:
You're anger proves your blue pill ignorance.

Here is an idea: Attack the argument.. not the messenger. If what I say is indeed "bullsh!t" then point out the inaccuracies. Can you? Probably not. :crackup:

The irony of all this is I have not "failed with women". If you consider "success" with women to be attracting them, f*cking them, dating them, etc. with relative ease.. then I have no failed at all. The only thing I have failed at is seeing the value in committing to women and actually being able to enjoy such a commitment.

I am happiest when I go out with a woman a few times, f*ck her brains out a few times.. then peace out. Once I get into anything long-term (over 6 months) I just start feeling like a tool for someone else's happiness (which is exactly what I would be) as I get nothing out of such a commitment but irritation.

I also contribute a lot to society. If you believe the only way for a man to contribute to society is to become a woman's co-dependent beta b!tch then you're a blithering idiot.
Coincidentally you "debate" exactly like soolimon.

Poon you're a mgtow. Those dudes are known clowns. Anyone of them who shows his face is obvious to all isn't nor wasn't ever a chick magnet.

MGTOW's simply delude themselves to believe they are wanted. No one in real life who scores with chick's easily and uses common sense with them uses consistent negative "facts" in blanket statements.

Hell a good portion of the forums can tell you're full of it.

MGTOW. Riiiight. Lmao

Last edited:

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your argument here seems inconsistent with the other post about the absurdity of the BPD threads on here, which I enjoyed and was long overdue here.

On one hand you're saying women will treat you like crap if you let them, but on this thread it seems like you're saying relationships are a total waste of time and we should just use women for sex.

Men need to take responsibility for themselves, and when they do this and are not dependent on a woman then they will be able to maintain enjoyable, healthy relationships if that is something they want.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
jurry said:
Your argument here seems inconsistent with the other post about the absurdity of the BPD threads on here, which I enjoyed and was long overdue here.

On one hand you're saying women will treat you like crap if you let them, but on this thread it seems like you're saying relationships are a total waste of time and we should just use women for sex.

Men need to take responsibility for themselves, and when they do this and are not dependent on a woman then they will be able to maintain enjoyable, healthy relationships if that is something they want.
90% of women are not worth a "healthy" relationship. You are an a$$hole if tell men that its plausible to try and do such a thing.

It's reckless to encourage that. Most of the guys who do desire it are just co-dependent any ways. Especially if he is fresh out of a break up where he got played hard, the first thing he is going to be looking for is a new monogamous partner.

so basically men who can get laid with out a monogamous partner regularly don't need to be told how to maintain a "healthy" monogamous relationship. Co-dependent betas should not be even indirectly encouraged to be in a monogamous relationship. savvy huh?