Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there any advantages to having female friends?

SuperM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a lot of DJ's on this site are against having female friends. But, what if you're a guy that is clueless about women?

Wouldn't having some female friends help you out in getting to learn more about women?

I don't think you could ever be really good friends with a female.

Right now I am spending some more time with this girl that I used to like and she liked me, but it just didn't work out.

I feel like she can teach me a lot about women even if she is just a friend.

Any thoughts/opinions???

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SuperM,

Kick-asz post. It's a question I've been wondering about.

First though, you gotta know that women won't be able to tell you what they "want" in a meaningful way.
ff
That's because what they "want" doesn't matter.

Now that mind sound illogical, but consider this: wouldn't you agree that it's not so much what behavior women "want" in a guy, but what behavior in a guy leads women to give up her puszy to the guy?

Isn't that a more important thing to talk about?

Take this, for example. It's a known fact that if you wait about six or seven days to call a chick, she will have higher interest level, and consequently be more likely to give up her puszy, than if you waited two or three days.

But women will tell you they "want" a guy to call within two or three days.

All of that is to say that you shouldn't listen to anything a woman says about what she "wants." Instead, listen to what guys who get a lot of asz say they do.

But about having a chick as a friend. If you can get a hot one as a friend, you're totally money.

How?

By going to bars and clubs with her. Yet another way in which women are stupid is that if they see an attractive woman talking to you, they will AUTOMATICALLY become interested in you. Just like fukking robots!

So in that sense, having a hot friend would be great.

But who wants to try to get a hot brawd only as a friend? I say the best candidate to be your hot chick friend would be one who turned you down. Otherwise, why try to use hot puszy to get hot puszy? Just take the first, right?

Any guys who have or have had hot brawds for friends, you should tell us how you met them.

[This message has been edited by BGC (edited 12-18-2000).]

SuperM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BGC,

I know what you're saying. That is actually
one of the first things i learned on this board. It's not about what women WANT, instead it is what they NEED.

But, I think that you can learn something if you look at how they respond and their actions and not at what they say. Maybe it would help to be friends with some girls.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not into the trying to make women friends thing. I don't see the point.

If you want women you have to look for them.

Example:
A couple of nights ago I was at a club I looked around and couldn't see any tasty women. This gave me the shyts. The club was packed so I thought I would go and check out all the dark corners of the place just to make sure. I'm walking along casing all these women when there is a stunner with three of her friends at the back of the club looking bored. I look at her and she back so I walk up to her and say "Hey! You look bored"...blah blah got the hottest chick in the joint.

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My experiences with female friends:

1) If she is good looking, I will always want to be more than friends.

2) If she is ok looking and I spend more time with her, I realize she has other great qualities and I want to be more than friends.

3) If she is not great looking, I would rather spend my time with guy friends because we have more common interests.

I guess this is why I don't have a lot of female friends, but a lot of female acquaintances....

------------------
DJ de Florida
Just Do It!

Jdog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's bad to have friends that are girls. But like someone said, I usually am looking to me more than just friends with the girls I hang with, especially if they are hot. No matter how friendly you are with a girl you cannot drop the DJ skills. If you do, all of a sudden this girl tells all her friends that you are the "sweetest" guy, then next thing you know you got about a million friends that are girls and none that want to get with you. But on the otherhand, being seen with other girls in a social situation can work wonders with other ladies in the room. But NEVER ask another girl for advice about girls. They will make you think that being MR. Nice Guy is the way to go when it clearly isn't.

Kukri

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not against having female friends. I think the benefits to having female friends are innumerable and they'll give you a lot of excellent advice about women.

I am, however, against being friends with a girl you have a significant level of interest in. I'm also dead against being friends with a girl whom you have a high interest level in and who's shot you down. That kind of ****'s bad for the ego and tends to repeat itself.

-K

The Wiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
BGC is right, you're not going to get the best direct advice from your female friends; [paranoid rambling] the International Female Conspiracy* severely punishes them for giving away secrets of the female psyche. Put it this way: if one of your FF's asked you for advice about a guy, would you explain to her any of the DJ methods, or God forbid, the more potent stuff (NLP and the like)? Absolutely not, because then that kind of sh_t would spread amongst the IFC and our techniques would lose much of their effectiveness. [/paranoid rambling]

However, you can gain incredible knowledge indirectly from your FF's. After you've been friend-zoned into submission (at least to her), she'll open up quite a bit about her relationships (be advised, you will want to select FF's whom you have absolutely no interest in - exes work great) and those of her friends. You begin to see, through interpreting these stories and drawing out more details from her, evidence which backs up everything preached on this board.

*I know that there is *probably* no such thing as the IFC, however, this isn't all that far from the magnitude of networking and information sharing amongst the fairer sex. Beware...

The Wiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another great use is "networking" as in the business world. You may not be getting any from your FF, but what about all the honies she can introduce you to? If you meet 3 or 4 chicks thhrough her, and save one of those for networking out even farther, and then repeat the process ad infinitum, imagine the possibilities. And if your FF happens to be an ex who left you for another chick, maybe you'll even be introduced to two bi friends of hers.

BigBadJon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man, I was about to go to bed and you had to get me started....

There would be no problems with a platonic male/female relationship if sexual attraction could never be a factor. What bothers me the most about this is when I hear a guy trying to be friends with a chick that has rejected him. THIS UNDERMINES ALL EFFORTS FOR YOU TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR FRIENDSHIP. You want her now, you want her always. ESPECIALLY if she rejected you. You accept half ass excuses and emotional torture for what? The hope that one day she will come around? Wake up. I had to wake myself up from this illusion only recently.

The issue I mainly face is the woman I try to be friends with pulling the same sort of b.s. they try when you are in a relationship. My male friends never say "I'm not sure whats going on yet, but call me later" when you try to plan a get together. All they want from you is the ego boost they get from their cell phone ringing. They give you just enough attention to keep you calling. It's all for them. Sound familiar anyone?

If you can get 50% or more from a female friend, I say go for it. If she has the whip, run the other way. Any sort of compromise will put you in a bad postion.

SuperM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BigBadJon,

Thanks for replying, man. You made me think about my friendship with this girl. Right now, I think I'm getting about 50% with her.

But, as soon as I see that she is giving less than that, then I won't call her anymore. And, I'll withdraw all attention from her.

jediknightninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some random thoughts:

I don't think there's anything wrong with having female friends, as long as you don't toture yourself by being attracted to them romantically.

I have lots of female friends, and I find that they are just as good as male friends. You just have to keep in mind that they are girls, you can't talk about or do the same things you do with your guy friends.

I met my girlfriend through a female friend, so 'networking' is very valuable indeed.

Keep in mind that friends can turn into girlfriends, it just takes LOTS of patience and a bit of persistance.

Good luck, and God bless.

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Networking female friends for a girlfriend is a rather weak move..in fact it isn't even a move cause your friend did it all for you. I prefer to use guerilla tactics and go in cold into new territory (i.e. hitting on stunners you never met before)...much much bigger personailty paybacks (it's not hard at all anyway). In the long run you will always be seen as strong for doing that. I think women appreciate that more than any other method of winning their hearts and they will always see you as a real man from then on.

[This message has been edited by Peak (edited 12-19-2000).]

Anjo_das_Trevas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A life story:

Last year my ex-girlfriend dumped me and i got a frickin' attitude towards her ( we were the best of friends before starting hanging out with each other ) and since then i have not seen her for awhile. 3 months ago she called me back saying that she was sorry for what she did and that she wanted to restart the friendship we had , so i thought
why not?. Guys i tell you, my ex is helping me on some problems of my life, she is not always available, but she makes the effort to be with me when i need her, i help her, she helps me and it's a great way to know how women think about us. I say have as many female friends as u can, cuz they can give helpful hints on understanding women.

Anjo_das_Trevas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A life story:

Last year my ex-girlfriend dumped me and i got a frickin' attitude towards her ( we were the best of friends before starting hanging out with each other ) and since then i have not seen her for awhile. 3 months ago she called me back saying that she was sorry for what she did and that she wanted to restart the friendship we had , so i thought
why not?. Guys i tell you, my ex is helping me on some problems of my life, she is not always available, but she makes the effort to be with me when i need her, i help her, she helps me and it's a great way to know how women think about us. I say have as many female friends as u can ( not those you are attracted to of course eheh ), cuz they can give helpful hints on understanding women.

Just my Opinion

Anjo_das_Trevas

Poet

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperM:
YES YES YES the more the better but be warned U gotta know women & how they think & play your friends right to get the benefits of networking. I have a lot of them & they are always inviting me to this place or the other even fixing me up with other women they even tell me aout their latest sex adventure. If U R not skilled in women tho U can get into trouble. U have to validate their feelings & keep it playful. Poet

------------------
Action is all....words don't mean ****.

Trust your instincts & nothing else.

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Female friends are excellent to have. Here's my advice: make a female friend when you're with someone. It may not go over well with the person you're with, but it will make you not desire to be with another woman.

Me and my ex's sister are excellent friends. Another plus is when your female friends set you up with their friends!

------------------
People fly around me like dead leaves in high wind - BOC 2001

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's nice to have friends, regardless of their sex. Girls are good to have as friends but ONLY if you have no other intentions with them. Then you screw stuff up for both of you and you'll get the "friend-zone" idea drilled into your head.

But they are helpful because you can observe them and see what they do and what they want and not what they SAY they do and what they SAY they want.

Besides, you'll be less scared of them because you will see that they are people just like guys are and you won't use them either, because you'll know they have feelings. (Yes, boys, they do.)

MrSassyPants

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I really hate to agree with MzThang, but I think I do...

I don't know how someone can be sucessful with women and not have female friends. Sure its true, we hear a lot on this site about the horrors of being in the LJBF zone, and this might be a problem for someone that can't control their emotions... i.e. falls in love with any woman that pays them any attention... but the benefits of having friends that are girls is tremendous.

First, they always have friends that you can hook up with... it just stands to reason, the more girls you come in contact with, the better luck you will have.

Second, if you are shy around girls you can practice interacting with them and not get nervous. You can see what they do, what they say... etc. Your interactions with women will be much more relaxed. Reading this site is great... but its like reading a book on how to play better tennis. If you don't practice in a non-stressful setting, you'll never get it down.

Third, When women see you surrounded by women and comfortable with yourself you become much more attractive. They assume you must have something going for you. This is a basic concept anyone who wants to be a DJ needs to understand. Anyone who doesn't is simply not a DJ.

Fourth, You'll have someone to take you to the airport.

Fifth, if you get to know women, you won't fall in love with every one that shows you some attention. You will be in much better position emotionally when you deal with women.

I honestly can't think of any reason why a guy would refuse to be friends with a girl, unless they were scared to death about "falling in love and being rejected"

If you can't control your emotions to this small degree, this site won't fix you.