Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Truth about Obamacare

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need to get something straight. Say I sign up for Obamacare and am healthy, and the monthly fee is 250 per month with a 6K deductible.

Does this mean you get NO copays or anything like that until you reach the 6K deductible? So on top of the 250 per month, you pay out of posket 100% for everything until you reach 6K? Which no healthy person would ever reach 6K, they would just pay 100 percent for everything on top of the monthly fee.

Please tell me this isn't true, if it is I am 100% against it, it's too ****ed up to be true.

If there are copays on doctor visits and prescription then I could understand it.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't tell you.

You see because I know how to use google, I found a few articles in like 5 minutes. You really should check this google thing out. You could even try reading the actual obamacare act online and see what it says. I would post links but that would only encourage you to continue to be mentally and physically lazy.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I laugh at people who ***** about obamacare because you can tell people who have never had health insurance before lol. welcome to the club.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I laugh at people who ***** about obamacare because you can tell people who have never had health insurance before lol. welcome to the club.
What are you talking about? I have great health insurance through work, with co pays, no deductibles. I pay 20 bucks for prescriptions and doctor visits. For me and my wife I pay 250 a month out of my check. If I had a 6K deductible and no copays I would b!tch and moan about crappy insurance.

Warrior74 said:
You see because I know how to use google, I found a few articles in like 5 minutes. You really should check this google thing out. You could even try reading the actual obamacare act online and see what it says. I would post links but that would only encourage you to continue to be mentally and physically lazy.
I have read and it all points to deductible plans, no co pays, which is sh!tty insurance. I just wanted to confirm.

I see now that the most expensive plan is a copay plan, but the sh!t is not affordable for the middle class paying for the poor who get it free.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obamacare-deductibles-deliver-hefty-sticker-shock/

The average individual deductible for a bronze plan is a whopping $5,081 per year, according to research provided to CBS MoneyWatch from HealthPocket, a technology company that ranks health care plans.

What’s worse, that represents an increase of 40 percent from the average deductible for an individually purchased plan before the federal health care overhaul, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Comments to the article point out that there are different plans. The bronze has the biggest deductible. It does sound like a giant ripoff. Another commenter pointed out that right now there is no penalty except seizing your tax return if you don't participate. So simply adjust your paycheck withholding so that you are not due a refund, which is what you should be doing anyway.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:
What are you talking about? I have great health insurance through work, with co pays, no deductibles. I pay 20 bucks for prescriptions and doctor visits. For me and my wife I pay 250 a month out of my check. If I had a 6K deductible and no copays I would b!tch and moan about crappy insurance.

I have read and it all points to deductible plans, no co pays, which is sh!tty insurance. I just wanted to confirm.

I see now that the most expensive plan is a copay plan, but the sh!t is not affordable for the middle class paying for the poor who get it free.
i do admit this pisses me off. but it's the price you pay to live in a first world nation

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obamacare-deductibles-deliver-hefty-sticker-shock/

The average individual deductible for a bronze plan is a whopping $5,081 per year, according to research provided to CBS MoneyWatch from HealthPocket, a technology company that ranks health care plans.

What’s worse, that represents an increase of 40 percent from the average deductible for an individually purchased plan before the federal health care overhaul, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Comments to the article point out that there are different plans. The bronze has the biggest deductible. It does sound like a giant ripoff. Another commenter pointed out that right now there is no penalty except seizing your tax return if you don't participate. So simply adjust your paycheck withholding so that you are not due a refund, which is what you should be doing anyway.

That is how this is supposed to work. You are paying for a something you don't need to help the sick with a cash handout at your expense. You are not really even covered until that deductible is met. What is the point of insurance then? This only really helps you if something catastrophic happens.

The penalty grows each year, this year it's cheap but in 2 years the penalty is about a grand at tax time for not buying insurance.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
30k is actually the worst amount of money you can make. it's just enough to not get **** free, yet not enough to live comfortably off of. You'd have to still pay for obama care at 30k a year.

Obama wanted a single payer system, that's what would have made more sense. It got shut down in congress, and this is what we got stuck with. But I agree, it's stupid.

My insurance went up 20%, I'm paying 575 a month for me, my son and my wife. My wife jogs 3 miles a day, i work out everyday and my son has never been to the hospital a day in his life and my wife has friends who pay a lot less. They are charging us that basically because they can. Thankfully it's not a lot of money to me and i don't give a ****, but still when i think about it, it's pretty stupid.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ruler said:
I just pray people wake up and smell the coffee. There's idiots all over the world, I realize that, but I just hope the intelligent outweigh the ignorant.
Don't hold your breath. The only reason people vote is so they can get themselves some free shyte.

And they'll keep on voting for shyte until there's nothing left.

Then it's game over.

Hedge accordingly.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:
Does this mean you get NO copays or anything like that until you reach the 6K deductible?
Usually they will pay for stuff that is considered preventative, like annual exams, vaccines, and such. Or they will at least pay a percentage of it. And sometimes they will pay part of prescriptions also. Aren't they paying for birth control for women now?

backbreaker said:
Obama wanted a single payer system, that's what would have made more sense. It got shut down in congress, and this is what we got stuck with. But I agree, it's stupid.
Yeah, if they were going to do this, they needed to have the single payer system or it was going to be a waste of time. Unfortunately, they couldn't push it through, and we get this watered down version which doesn't do anything.

By the way, $575 a month for a family plan is dirt cheap.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i'm not really complaining. Got it through my mother who sales insurance for a living

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Usually they will pay for stuff that is considered preventative, like annual exams, vaccines, and such. Or they will at least pay a percentage of it. And sometimes they will pay part of prescriptions also. Aren't they paying for birth control for women now?

Yeah, if they were going to do this, they needed to have the single payer system or it was going to be a waste of time. Unfortunately, they couldn't push it through, and we get this watered down version which doesn't do anything.

By the way, $575 a month for a family plan is dirt cheap.
If my insurance at work gets cancelled because of Obamacare and I am forced onto this inferior insurance I am going postal. My sisters work insurance was cancelled beause of Ocrapacare.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prison Inmates Are Signing Up for ACA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/u...-fact-prison-inmates-are-signing-up.html?_r=0

In a little-noticed outcome of President Obama’s Affordable Care Act, jails and prisons around the country are beginning to sign up inmates for health insurance under the law, taking advantage of the expansion of Medicaid that allows states to extend coverage to single and childless adults — a major part of the prison population.
We are paying for criminals now. What the ****?

Fred12345

Banned
Reaction score
Barak Hussein Obama is not a natural born citizen and an illegiate president. Everything that he signed is invalid.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:

I'd like to know when the buying public started accepting "co-pays." Isn't the point of paying insurance that when coverage is needed, you're covered? That's why it's called "insurance." Instead insurance companies have gamed consumers with 80/20 coverages and co-pays. In other countries you pay the premium and you're covered. In the U.S. the health care cartels have colluded to reduce their burdens, and the American buying public has gone along with it. They tell us it's because it's the "best care in the world." Yeah if you need a heart transplant, perhaps. Otherwise, I'm just not buying it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
They tell us it's because it's the "best care in the world." Yeah if you need a heart transplant, perhaps. Otherwise, I'm just not buying it.
They tell us a lot of stuff in the USA that turns out to be bullsh!t.