Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

One approach a day challenge: YOU choose how I do it!

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So here's the deal. I recently ended things with my LTR, I'm rusty, and I'm also lazy. I want to start approaching, but when I do it,
1) I'm terrible and awkward
2) Often I don't do it because I don't know what to say, over think it, and hence become nervous

If I let you guys dictate the approach itself, it'll give me a lot more motivation to actually do it, it will help me get over this block I have, and let's face it, it'll be funny! Plus, it'll be quite easy for me, as I live in a populated area.

The rules:
Because yes, there has to be at least one or two guidelines. Let's make it three.

1) Nothing that will get me arrested please!
2) Nothing that will get me slapped *too* hard
3) You choose the original approach, but not the setting. I hate approaching in bars, and I don't go clubbing.

I will, honest to God, try to do one approach a day, in the order of your suggestions. However, keep in mind I work full-time, and am doing a masters part-time, so sometimes I might not have a lot of time to do it. Especially Tuesday, which is class day. But I will still try.

Finally, if it's really popular and I have a lot of openers to do, I'll just create a random list, choose one a day, and do it!

Of course, I'll post a small field report of each approach.

Guys, let it rip!

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh let me add a specific to make things more interesting for you guys. I am 25 years old, Caucasian male, perfectly bilingual, in a bilingual city (Montreal). Hence, when you dictate my opener, you may also, to your convenience, dictate an age bracket (say: You have to do this approach to a roughly 20 year-old, or a 40 year-old), the ethnicity and the language. Obviously I will translate in English when I write my FR

Restriction for age: Between 20 to 50 years old
Restriction for ethnicity: None. I do have a strong preference for Latinas, and do not have the yellow fever.
Language preference: English. Even if I'm francophone

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I shall start it off with two approaches I just did. One was extremely painful (how bad it was), the other one hilarious

The painful one
I was returning a book at my school library, and the librarian (a student my age, quite cute) was working there, so when I gave her my book, I said:
Me: You know, I kind of feel like asking you out for drinks. How do you feel about joining me once the finals are over?
Her: Sorry, I can't
Me: Oh. Ok then.

And I left. See how I didn't insist whatsoever? That's bad -_-

The hilarious one
This older lady was sitting next to me at a coffee shop where I was studying. She had a gorgeous body, dressed provocatively, and she did look older, but I placed her age in the early forties. In my mind, I was thinking "cougar". So I approached as I was leaving:
Me: Before I leave, I must say I find you very pretty, so I'd like to invite you fore drinks sometime this week
Her: Oh my, it's very nice of you, but I am too old for you
Me: Oh, it doesn't matter, it's only for casual drinks

See how I insisted this time?

Her: Well in this case, the difference is way too big
Me: Wait, so how old do you think I am? And let me just give you a hint, I am currently working on my Masters
Her: I would say early thirties?
Me, laughing: Actually, I'm in my mid-twenties, about to turn 26
Her: You are extremely nice, it's a huge compliment but you see, I am old enough to be your mother.
Me: No way. You look much younger than that. I would say you look to be in your early forties.
Her: Oh my gosh, thank you! I guess it's because I am currently at school, it keeps me young.

And then it became fully casual, she told me she was doing her Ph. D., yadi yada. Needless to say, I won't be banging a 50+ year-old woman this time. But God she had a gorgeous body!

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shivastorm_88 said:
So here's the deal. I recently ended things with my LTR, I'm rusty, and I'm also lazy. I want to start approaching, but when I do it,
1) I'm terrible and awkward
2) Often I don't do it because I don't know what to say, over think it, and hence become nervous

If I let you guys dictate the approach itself, it'll give me a lot more motivation to actually do it, it will help me get over this block I have, and let's face it, it'll be funny! Plus, it'll be quite easy for me, as I live in a populated area.

The rules:
Because yes, there has to be at least one or two guidelines. Let's make it three.

1) Nothing that will get me arrested please!
2) Nothing that will get me slapped *too* hard
3) You choose the original approach, but not the setting. I hate approaching in bars, and I don't go clubbing.

I will, honest to God, try to do one approach a day, in the order of your suggestions. However, keep in mind I work full-time, and am doing a masters part-time, so sometimes I might not have a lot of time to do it. Especially Tuesday, which is class day. But I will still try.

Finally, if it's really popular and I have a lot of openers to do, I'll just create a random list, choose one a day, and do it!

Of course, I'll post a small field report of each approach.

Guys, let it rip!
at least you got this experience in your early 20's

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JaegerPilot217 said:
at least you got this experience in your early 20's
Which is?

And dude, make a suggestion! Think of anything goofy, I don't care what it is

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go mode one on a chick. Say something along the lines of, "hey, I find you very attractive. Lets share orgasms."

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
Go mode one on a chick. Say something along the lines of, "hey, I find you very attractive. Lets share orgasms."
Gentlemen, we have liftoff. I will have to be careful though, I'd rather not get slapped. Or accused of sexual harassment. I'll have to choose the girl carefully. Will update you by tomorrow night!

IHeartTrance

Don Juan
Reaction score
I approached a girl once. It was by accident but I did manage to stay there and talked to her for a couple of hours. It made me realize that approaches are extremely overrated. Not worth it to approach someone who isn't interested in talking to you. It's better to be friends with a girl and ask her out.

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's one I've just started road testing and it's so cheesy I got 3 out of 5 numbers, probably because it puts a confident girl on the defense from the beginning, and makes a girl who's heard it all laugh out loud. Turned one of those numbers into a date so by the law of averages I don't feel that's too bad for a fellow rusty dude out of a ltr.

"Hey, I'm pretty sure you're not the love of my life, but I had to come over and check just to be sure".

Good responses are along the lines of "oh, and why not?". Bad include smirks and laughter haha. Good responses incur a couple of mock serious questions from me as if I'm completing a checklist. Anyone still standing at that point gets a congratulations that they've been selected to give me her number.

Btw, you should approach library girl again and practice your saves, feeling a little more relaxed in the knowledge that it will probably still be a no. When she says no again, tell her that getting shot down twice deserves a pity drink! How about it? Etc

AriMamba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go up to her and say: "What that mouth really do though?"

I actually want to do this...

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK we have the next three days set up

Today is JoeMarron's suggestion, "hey, I find you very attractive. Lets share orgasms."

Tuesday is Thorninmyside's suggestion, "Hey, I'm pretty sure you're not the love of my life, but I had to come over and check just to be sure".

And Wednesday is AriMamba's poorly worded one, "What that mouth really do though?" Not sure what this one will accomplish though

I'll keep you updated!

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah thanks for the tip Espi, appreciated! So I haven't done my today's approach, but the day is far from being over! However, I finished work early, so I went to read at the park. I sat next to two cute girls, and at some point one got up to go throw something away, so I opened up the now solo girl (for some reason, I was finding it difficult to open when they were the two together, even if there was some silences).

I don't remember the whole conversation, as it was pretty long, but the gist of it was: They were out of town, visiting, and leaving tomorrow. I told them about a really famous place they had to try here in the city, and offered to go with them, saying I had a few hours to kill. They declined, but no worries, I'm still proud of myself!

The actually opening went along the lines of:

Me: So have you guys been hanging out at the park staring at dogs all day?
Her: For a major part of the day, yeah. We had to take advantage of the day, it feels like it's the first real day of spring
Me: Hahah I hear ya, and then we might get some snow in two days.
Her: Oh really? Guess we won't be around to see that, we are actually visiting here and leaving tomorrow

And then I can't be bothered to remember the rest

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys, I'll come clean. I did the Mode One approach, but with a twist. I'm a little scared of legal repercussion of flat out saying I want to have sex with a woman, so I slightly modified it to "have a drink". I have also, from it, learned an important lesson. Do not open a woman as you walk side by side. It seems creepy.

Without further ado, here was my horrible approach. Much worse than the previous one.

Me (after trying to grab her attention once, but she hadn't noticed me: Hey there, how are you doing?
Her: I'm fine, thanks.

And she turned her back to me, waiting for a red light to cross. I decided it wasn't the end just quite yet though!

Me: Not in a talkative mood I see?
Her: I have to go to my school, sorry
Me: That's fine, I'll go straight to the point. I think you are very pretty (she had a killer ass. KILLER!), so I'd like to invite you for a drink.
Her: I have a boyfriend, sorry.
Me (I froze, I don't know how to react to that one): Oh, no worries then, enjoy your class.

And I left.

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So, today is "Hey, I'm pretty sure you're not the love of my life, but I had to come over and check just to be sure". Although Tuesdays are thoroughly booked for me (work + school), but I might be able to squeeze it in at some point during the day

Keep em coming guys. I feel the more I do these silly/bold approaches, the better I feel about it, and the more confident. And on a plus side, it't keeping my mind off my ex-girlfriend, which I really need to do right now

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys, I'll come clean. I did the Mode One approach, but with a twist. I'm a little scared of legal repercussion of flat out saying I want to have sex with a woman, so I slightly modified it to "have a drink". I have also, from it, learned an important lesson. Do not open a woman as you walk side by side. It seems creepy.
Haha don't be a pvssy, that's not mode one. No one is going to put you in jail for propositioning sex. If you're that paranoid about it then do it in an area that you don't frequent often and vanish as soon as you get a rejection. Doing the outrageous is going to break you out of your comfort zone the quickest. If you can blatantly ask a hot chick for sex without being a nervous wreck then you'll never have problems approaching women again.

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
Haha don't be a pvssy, that's not mode one. No one is going to put you in jail for propositioning sex. If you're that paranoid about it then do it in an area that you don't frequent often and vanish as soon as you get a rejection. Doing the outrageous is going to break you out of your comfort zone the quickest. If you can blatantly ask a hot chick for sex without being a nervous wreck then you'll never have problems approaching women again.
Oh alright, I will!

It'll have to be tomorrow though, it's pouring right now so I can't really walk up the streets.

Tomorrow I work till 3pm, it'll be easier afterwards, it's suppose to be sunny (albeit cold)

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So like I said, today was not a good day. Worked all day, then went to school. In the process, it rained, then snowed. Crazy weather is annoying sometimes. However, I still made a feeble attempt on my way back. However, let's just say, biking in the snow and cold sucks, and I didn't want to stay out, so I simply said one line, she didn't hear, so I said **** it and left. Sad, sad day

As I was arriving at an intersection, I saw a cute looking girl walking her dog, a gorgeous beast, so I said, in legitimate admiration: Wow that is one gorgeous dog!

But, she didn't hear me. So I decided to keep on riding.

On a side note, I don't speak loud enough. Have to work on that.