Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NFL Toughens Domestic Violence Policy

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As an update to the domestic violence discussion we had here a while back, the latest news is that the NFL has toughened their domestic violence policy. Basically you get a six game suspension for a first offense, and a lifetime ban for the second offense. Here's a key quote from the article:

To be counted as an "offense," a player would not necessarily have to be convicted in a court of law, but each incident will be judged on its own merits.

I take this to mean that if there is no conviction, then your fate will depend on the size of the media sh!t storm that is generated. Really, whether this policy is a good or bad thing will depend on how it is executed (since it's basically going to be a judgement call). My fear is that it will most likely be used simply as another tool against men.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/11425377/nfl-implements-domestic-violence-penalties

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
It's a F*cked Policy

The league shouldn't have bowed to pressure and has no place in trying to regulate people's personal lives. I've always said that Goodell information that we weren't privy to and that factored into his decision. Also, we does the league feel the need to single out domestic violence, what's the difference between hitting a man or a women, both are equally bad and should be treated as such.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course this is yet another example in the never ending campaign to further make males second class citizens to females. I think besides being sexist against males it's unconstitutional but yet it continues to go on.

U

user43770

Stagger Lee said:
Of course this is yet another example in the never ending campaign to further make males second class citizens to females. I think besides being sexist against males it's unconstitutional but yet it continues to go on.
Men are already second class citizens - especially white men. Just look at all of the men that have already lost their livelihood, for doing the unthinkable crime of stating their opinion publicly. It's ridiculous. Women seem to have the right to never be offended.

Just like most liberals, they're all for free speech until it hurts their feelings.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't have a problem with this really. I mean if you beat a woman twice you should not play in the NFL. I don't see what the big deal is.

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup:

The comments in this thread so far are laughable. It will be very interesting to see the rest of them pile up in here.

It seems to me that any law that is established you guys disagree with it calling it "liberal" or "against men", even when conservatives are implementing the laws. What a joke. :yes:

Sounds like you guys want a lawless society where people can beat people up, go pissing in public all over the place, or go streaking anywhere in public.

What the hell is wrong with you people? :crazy:

Liberal means plenty of, conservative means to restrict. So, if things are being restricted these are conservative laws being put in place to restrict people from doing things. Not Liberal. Get an education on what you are talking about first, before you make these ridiculous comments that you don't know anything about.

I'm glad the NFL is putting this policy into place to clean up the thug culture in the NFL. They should have done this a long time ago. Some thug gets to beat up his girlfriend or wife with no repercussions against him, while he makes bail, collects his pay check, and gets to play in the following game, as the media talks about his incident 24/7.

Meanwhile, the average citizen gets to sit his ass in jail, lose his job, and have a record with no income.

This is what you guys are supporting. :crazy:

Athletes are not above the law, and should be held to the same standards as the regular public. Domestic Violence laws are strict against average Joe, they should be strict against the NFL player as well.

The NFL is an Entertainment Business, they don't want a few thugs to reflect bad on the company giving them a bad image. Kids look up to these players, and when they see a player getting off the hook for a domestic violence charge, they assume they will too and won't take it seriously. When they get charged, booked, and jailed for it, not getting off the hook, they change their tune and hold resentment.

Men shouldn't be hitting women in the first place, that shouldn't be defended by anybody. Yes, of course false reports are filed and reported where men get charged for no reason. But if the average dude gets in trouble, so should the NFL player until the mess gets sorted out. People should be held to the same standards regardless of who they are or what title they hold.

Maximus Rex said:
The league shouldn't have bowed to pressure and has no place in trying to regulate people's personal lives. I've always said that Goodell information that we weren't privy to and that factored into his decision. Also, we does the league feel the need to single out domestic violence, what's the difference between hitting a man or a women, both are equally bad and should be treated as such.

Why the hell not? Even If you worked at a big corporation or a regular job and got charged with a domestic violence charge, they would look into the matter and try to regulate your life. You would even get fired for that.

The NFL is an Entertainment Business, they don't want a group of thugs reflecting bad on the business giving it a bad name.

If some dude came to work drunk or coked up everyday, you're damn right the boss or the chairman of the board would regulate your personal life telling you to clean up or outright firing you for using drugs or drinking on the job. Isn't that regulating your personal life of what you can do?

NFL players can't use drugs or steriods due to their drug policy, actions will be taken against them if they do. What if a player wants to snort some coke or get bigger? He can't because the NFL is regulating what he can do in his personal life. Same thing as the domestic violence as you claim is regulating a person's life.

When these guy's do the crime, they should be held accountable like anybody else without any special treatment or privileges. :yes:

Stagger Lee said:

TyTe`EyEz said:
Just like most liberals, they're all for free speech until it hurts their feelings.
:crackup:

More nonsense here that you have no fvcking clue what you're talking about.

If Joe the Garbage Man can lose his job with no pay, then NFL player can take the same punishment without being let off the hook.

Unconstitutional? How the hell is it Unconstitutional? You think it's ok for a football player to get off the hook for beating up a woman? Do you think it's Constitutional for men to beat women up with no actions taken against them?
You are a clown. :yes:

This ain't Liberal dude, Goodell has been known as a conservative enforcing conservative policies. Get an education first, before you start spouting off your own false biased opinions about political policies.

This isn't even political, it's about what is right. :yes:

backbreaker said:
i don't have a problem with this really. I mean if you beat a woman twice you should not play in the NFL. I don't see what the big deal is.

Neither do I, but there is always a few igornant people around who like spout off, complain, against women and liberals when that isn't even the case. This is a perfect example of the anger they hold. They do it with everything and that is a damn shame. :yes:

( . )( . ) said:
You're about 60 years behind the times.
No, you just don't know who is making the laws dude. Go do some research and find who is actually writing and implementing the laws. You will find an R after their name. I already did the research, you should do the same.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
rascal99v said:
Liberal means plenty of, conservative means to restrict. So, if things are being restricted these are conservative laws being put in place to restrict people from doing things. Not Liberal. Get an education on what you are talking about first, before you make these ridiculous comments that you don't know anything about.
You're about 60 years behind the times. Modern liberalism has become nothing more than the codification of the female mind upon society. That's why old timer liberals are now making the distinction that they are "classically liberal" . They like the rest of us basically cringe at modern liberalism. It has absolutely no semblance to true liberalism.

Btw you seem clueless as to what actually drives each ideology. Have a guess which camp yet more rules and restrictions to successful men actually sits. Think long and hard before you answer.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
See you think new domestic violence laws and enforcement are objectively about a man beating a woman. No, in practice there could be any kind of argument and altercation the women started and where the police were called out. And then the police and maybe even the courts later will usually side with the woman.

In other words, a man can commit "domestic violence" merely by actually being a victim of domestic violence or just defending himself.

It's always been illegal and looked down upon to beat up your wife, in the 1950's heck even the 1750's. It was called assault and battery. Some people just don't understand the anti-male intent and enforcement of all these newfangled laws and rules passed since about the 1960's and getting worse everyday.

How about just enforce old laws that worked well enough? How about if you commit assault against ANYONE then you're out of the NFL?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
See you think new domestic violence laws and enforcement are objectively about a man beating a woman. No, in practice there could be any kind of argument and altercation the women started and where the police were called out. And then the police and maybe even the courts later will usually side with the woman.

In other words, a man can commit "domestic violence" merely by actually being a victim of domestic violence or just defending himself.

It's always been illegal and looked down upon to beat up your wife, in the 1950's heck even the 1750's. It was called assault and battery. Some people just don't understand the anti-male intent and enforcement of all these newfangled laws and rules passed since about the 1960's and getting worse everyday.

How about just enforce old laws that worked well enough? How about if you commit assault against ANYONE then you're out of the NFL?

i'm saying that i don't know one person that has a domestic battery charge on their record and i only know of a handful of athletes that do. and i know NONE with more than one. i'm saying that regardless of the circumstances, if you have 2 abuse issues on your plate,k you have bigger issues than professional sports.

i'm not arguing this **** with you lol. my view point is a sane, adult male's point of view. it's not like the nfl has the gustpo out just magically making **** up to get dudes lol, and you act like they want to suspend people.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
i'm saying that i don't know one person that has a domestic battery charge on their record and i only know of a handful of athletes that do. and i know NONE with more than one. i'm saying that regardless of the circumstances, if you have 2 abuse issues on your plate,k you have bigger issues than professional sports.

i'm not arguing this **** with you lol. my view point is a sane, adult male's point of view. it's not like the nfl has the gustpo out just magically making **** up to get dudes lol, and you act like they want to suspend people.
I don't know how many people you know, but how the fVck do you know what someone has or doesn't have on their record? It's not like they are going to go around telling everyone.

And you are not acknowledging how these newfangled laws like domestic violence work. The male is always considered guilty, so really to get 2 domestic violence could just mean you stuck around with the same troublemaking woman and were victimized by her twice.

But it's much worse than that. The OP said there doesn't even have to be a conviction. So the ban could be applied just by an allegation from the wife.

You are missing the point. The point is a professional athlete should be kicked out for assaulting anyone not just their spouse, not because of some murky, gray area of domestic dispute just because women should be considered a special higher class of citizen.

It's the difference between actual assault and the murky, gray feminist definition of "violence" where the male is always in the wrong.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
He understands. In case you've missed the backbreaker formula for the last 5 or so years I'll point it out.

Sacktakers winning formula for AW'ing success

* Find topic that leaves 99.9% of men agreeing something is off.
* Deny it's validity, claim it's bogus or just disagree as a rule.
* Sit back as thread explodes to 9 pages
* Prop up ego as needed along way

It's his modus operandi so to speak. Incidentally Naughty Ninja tried adopting this bullsh!t feminine formula before he was banned but couldn't quite pull it off as well as this phoney ****head.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So it is basically a free pass to spiteful women to provoke men on this. They can spit at you, scratch you, punch you and do anything else while you have to sit there as an athlete and contemplate that you either look like a complete b1tch being disrespected or apply the "equal rights, equal treatment" and be damned for standing up for yourself. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. And the woman is the poor victim and the athlete becomes a "criminal" for it. At least Ray Rice can still hold his honor and know that he stood up for himself and didn't let some broad have her way.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're right he does do that. But I'm not really arguing against him or anyone's counterargument for their sake but in case anyone else buys into their arguments not realizing their trolling or why their counterargument is wrong.

I don't know, with the way a lot of guys think especially the younger ones, who needs feminist?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yelling is domestic violence in California. So yell at your wife twice, get banned for life from the NFL.

Ray Lewis had a long playing career and is now works in broadcasts, despite being indicted on a murder charge as a player. The wiki article mentions that the white suit he was wearing on the night of the murders was never found.

U

user43770

Holy sh1t, rascal, what is it with you and these long-winded posts. Geez, man. And you never fail to claim that someone is less intelligent than you. Your gimmick is getting old.

You know what I mean when I say liberal - I mean "progressive." I'm referring to those that are currently shaping society: Marxists and feminists. If you don't see this then you're oblivious. Do you watch the news? Do you see that the only philosophy that's "right" is one that promotes women, gays and illegal immigrants? Have you not noticed all of the men that have been royally screwed for going against the acceptable narrative?

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/mozilla-ceo-resigns-calif-gay-marriage-ban-campaign/story?id=23181711

This is just one example. I can find more.

What is your motive here? What point are you struggling to prove? You're outnumbered here for a reason.

U

user43770

Rascal haha, your name suits you. Prove me wrong, bud. And try to do it in less words, you long-winded creaton.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rascal99v said:
You sound like you've been "educated" far beyond your intelligence. The first sentence in this quote could have been written by an 8 year old.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
49ers DE Ray McDonald has been arrested on domestic violence charges, so it looks like he may be the first recipient of the new policy. I haven't heard any details on what he did or what the situation was.

Judging from this quote about the 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, it's a possibility SF may not want him back even after a six game suspension:

"He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he'll forgive us except put our hands on women," Whitner told the Bee. "If you put your hand on a woman, then you're done in his book."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11443518/ray-mcdonald-san-francisco-49ers-arrested-domestic-violence-charges

It's funny to see how differnet the attitudes here are toward domestic violence compared to the mainstream. I bet this is one of the few forums where the majority of its members would have been cheering Ray Rice on. What would Michelle Beadle have to say about that?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed in the microcosm of NFL fan-dom is story commenters jumping all over a guy who's been accused. Usually they're fans of rival teams, so it's always, "Oh, he's a thug" or "That's SF for you." As if what team the guy plays for makes him more likely to beat a woman. Anyway it's white knighting in one of its purest forms - not only defending the supposed flower of womanhood without question, but also simple tribalism - he did it because he plays for them.