Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fed Up!! Should I Quit training?

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello guys, i need some encouragement and advice..

Around 6 months ago, i started to experience some pain in my shoulder.. after quite a few visits to my doctor and having a ultrasound scan, it turns out, that i have a rotator cuff injury..

My doctor has told me that it is not a tear.. but its inflammation.. i have used anti immflamatery tablets.. also had two cortisone injections..

Have had 2 months of physio.. have tired iceing my shoulder.. but i am still struggling with it..

I am not in any serious pain with it, just a slight twinge or pinch.. but i have been adviced to take a rest from training for a couple of months..

I have dropped out of training quite a few times in the last 6 months.. i really really want to get back in the gym..

The shoulder is still a problem... should i completely quit training? Or keep training, but not lift too heavy?

I have lost shape and size over the last 6 months, and it is getting me down?

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anybody else had a rotator cuff injury?

Did you carry on training? How long till you fully healed?????

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this problem after falling down some stairs back in 2000. The rotator cuff gave me problems especially if raising my arm just past the back of my head and would feel like my arm was coming out of its socket.

Anyway it's 2015 now and just the thought of doing handstands makes me cringe. However, since working out regularly my shoulders have strengthened and I haven't had a shoulder incident since 2009. Avoid behind neck exercises when doing shoulder presses and focus on military style front presses and you should be ok. In short, no, of course you shouldn't stop training as this will help strengthen the surrounding muscles. Don't forget to exercise the back of the shoulder so you reinforce all surrounding muscles. I do bent over flies for this.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely not. You simply work around it. Let it heal and just focus on exercises that don't bother it. Last time I checked, legs don't have anything to do with shoulders. If this means you work legs 3 times a week so be it. Most people would do well to focus on their legs more anyway.

I'm sure there are upper body movements that don't bother it, I've had shoulder impingements, orc tears, pattelar tendon injuries in my knee , grade II hamstring tear, etc...

I never stopped working out, just changed what I did...I didn't lift legs for 4 months at one point...plus this gives you a great opportunity to do rehab stuff like dynamic Blackburn circuits and band pull apart work on the shoulder...