Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there a way to check the quality of the protein powder with no lab?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious if there are criteria in terms of frame, solubility or consistency to evaluate the quality of protein poweders.

I mean, I have the jar in front of me, is there something I should be looking for to seize the quality?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
Just curious if there are criteria in terms of frame, solubility or consistency to evaluate the quality of protein poweders.

I mean, I have the jar in front of me, is there something I should be looking for to seize the quality?
Yes, first off, look for "Cold Filtered" or "Cold Pressed" or something to do with cold. This means it has not been heated above a certain temperature which is known to degrade the protein and make it less bioavailable to the body.

Second, don't buy anything from a big box store like Walmart or Target. The prices they force their suppliers to give them pretty much means the product is garbage.

Third, I personally would stay away from Whey protein, period. Close to 75% of people are or will be reactive to whey protein after ingesting it for long periods of time on a routine basis. This will then cause inflammation, intestinal bloat and lots of water being held in, especially around the midsection where the intestines are. In general, dairy is a problem for a lot of people and the more concentrated it is, the bigger the problem. This would include Greek Yogurt as well. An almost exact match to the amino acid profile of Whey can be achieved by taking a combination of Pea Protein, Brown Rice Protein and Brewers Yeast. All of these substances have far less of a chance for reactivity than Whey does for the average person, so why even take the chance that you are the 1 in 4 person that doesn't have issues with Whey?

Fourth, protein powder is completely unnecessary and is one of the biggest scam jobs the health industry has ever pulled off. Whole food has been found to be just as effective at building muscle as protein powders in many studies. Personally I only use protein powder as a quick meal replacement on the go because I am away from my home for a lot of the day, and its easier for me to drink a shake than eat a meal, especially since I am already eating 2 other meals on top of it...easier to eat 2 meals and 1 shake than 3 meals...