Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What Will You Leave Behind

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I figured I'd put this thread here in the mature section to see what kind of mature responses I would get.

I love the SS forum and I'm learning, but with all of this talk about "red pill" and becoming a better you, I was wondering if you took females out of the equation, what will be your legacy?

I've been reflecting a lot lately about my future goals and what legacy I'd like to leave behind. I'm trying to map out my future.

So here it goes! I'm 43 and would like to "really work hard" until I'm 50. My plans, so far look like this.

1. I already have a business which I would like to build a "cookie cutter" set of policies and procedures to either sell to other like business to be as successful as mine, or with the intent of acquiring struggling business to accelerate profits.

2. Develop a distribution network domestically and internationally to sell my already developed product lines and 2 others I'm currently working on.

3. Open another jet-ski rental company. I've already had one and sold it, but I'd like one more. It was fun and produced a great secondary income stream.

4. Dedicate one night a week to the big brothers program. I like children and I'd like to help mentor one that needs guidance and a chance at life.

5. continue to help in the community through programs such as toy drives, charity events, and local fund raisers.

6.Continue my Buddhist studies and live a meaningful life.

I would like to have a child someday as this whole "legacy thing" is appealing to me, but I'm in no hurry.

I believe these few items will keep me occupied until I'm 50 and help me to leave my footprint on this world, and hopefully I'll be able to have a positive impact in a lot of lives.

I'd like to hear some of our mature men's plans for the future and your thoughts of what you'll leave behind.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I bought my little homestead 5 years ago, I only wanted something for myself. I started planting trees, planning out rock-walled terraces, and essentially "tinkering" with cleaning-up and development of the land.

After a couple years, and a few internet searches to verify that my efforts weren't going to negatively affect each other in the future, I came across the idea of "permaculture".

Now, what originally was simply an aim to cram as many food-producing species of plants into my kingdom as possible has become an obsession. Instead of simply investing on "curb-appeal" and property value, I'm now staring at the blank-slate of my kingdom's legacy.

It turns out that my pragmatism had led me to a "pandora's box" of ideas. Instead of thinking of simply "how far apart to plant trees", thanks to stumbling on the idea of permaculture, I'm thinking in terms of the overall system's functionality. Instead of having an annual garden where I plant my food, all 20 acres of my kingdom have become my garden, my "eden" if you will. And, now, instead of simply planning an annual garden, I'm developing a system of terra-forming for water collection, planting for windbreaks, and planning for maximum sunlight harvest so as to create micro-climates that are favorable to species that typically wouldn't survive in the harsh weather. I'm using far more perennials in my garden then annuals: you plant them once, and with some care, you won't need to plant again.

It's like painting on a canvas, except in 3-D. And, instead of the two mediums (paint and canvas), I'm working with a huge variety of mediums. Trees, shrubs, vines, and flowers will grow in 3-D and be different colors in different seasons... try to paint with that in mind. But, when you start building rock walls to last forever, you can't help but to look ahead at the entire system and consider it's longevity.

Ultimately, when I combine all the mediums of flora and elements of geo-engineering together, the goal is to develop a freestanding, self-supporting system that will provide food in abundance with no inputs from humans and endure long beyond my years. As if that weren't enough in itself, the system is also being developed such that it will support a variety of animals besides humans: livestock and wildlife will both thrive in the environment I'm creating. Which, in turn, will provide still MORE abundance in terms of food.

As for water, rainfall is to be collected by berms, swales, pocket ponds, and all the way down the slope to a series of fish ponds at the bottom. As a result, springs will form in the lowest points of my land, and fresh drinking water concerns of the future will be eliminated.

Then there's the actual castle itself...

After the planting and earthworks are done, I will create the marker and let it be known that I did this. Hopefully, 100 years from now, someone passing through the gates, past the stone foxes guarding the entrance, will read the plaque telling of how I did it all in my lifetime with nothing but sweat and time. Hopefully that someone will be a grandchild, with children of their own, that remembers all that their mother/father taught them in regards to stewardship of the kingdom.

Who knows...
Part of my goals include snatching-up bordering properties as they come up for sale to expand my kingdom. It may be big when I'm done, it may not. I'm not expecting a "Machu Picchu" world-wonder, after all. I just don't have an army of stone masons at my disposal. But, my back works, and I've been dabbling with masonry, so time will tell.

When you think in terms of "satisfying hobbies", my more popular hobbies have left me unsatisfied. My artistic outlets have conflicted with my pragmatism. I can draw, and paint, very well. Yet, when those pieces are finished, all you have is something to hang on the wall and look at. Whereas, with my latest artistic outlet, you can perpetually feed, shelter, and warm yourself... and admire the beauty.

You might think it's goofy, hippie sh¡t at first. However, consider some of the Japanese moss gardens or some of the gardens in Europe. Several gardens have maintained their beauty for centuries. Consider, also, that some of the rice paddy terraces in China are hundreds of years old. Once they're made, someone will use them, or maintain them, because they are far too valuable to let stand idle or neglect. This, I think, is a fantastic legacy. Not only will my survivors benefit, but humans as a whole will likely benefit.

If more people saw the potential that even the ancient civilizations saw, we'd be using our fossil-fuel resources and technology to geo-engineer the planet on a scale that would make the pyramids of Giza, Stonehenge, Roman roads/aquaducts, and the Great Wall of China look like mere scratches on the slate that is the planet. Instead, humanity wants to burn everything, make a dollar off it, or blow it up. So, I have to do only what I can, little bits at a time, until it all takes the shape I had in mind. Future or not, it's enjoyable while I'm doing it. I get to enjoy the fruits of my labors throughout the course of my lifetime. It would be nice if I was appreciated in the future, but, it's not like anyone is going to dig me up and give me a pat on the back or shake my hand. So, I'm keeping my goals realistic and shooting for a kid or two that thinks highly of their heritage instead of being ashamed of it.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
This should be a great thread. My Legacy will be the contributions I've made in my Career as well as in Academia and the Local Community.

Kids are NOT going to be apart of this plan for me, I think that having Kids is just going to destroy me internally (the stress from being handcuffed and not being able to truly Father them) as well as externally through the woman and the Child Support System RAPING me in payments.

Overall, I will be proud of my Legacy but I am still trying to work on getting over the feeling of just being ripped off in terms of additional dreams and aspirations.

Man, I wanted to get married and have a wife, 2 kids and a FENCE. It's just not going to happen. Not going to have a wife because I realize the Marriage system is a scam, not going to have Kids because the Family Court is a scam as well as being a REAL Father today will get you slapped with abuse charges, and I won't have a FENCE because the Economy is structured so much that it makes sense to remain Mobile rather than tied down to a house.

I'm getting over my bitterness period here, and learning to enjoy what I DO have left to enjoy in life. After all, I'm going to die in 50 - 55 years (hopefully not sooner) and that's really not a long time if you look at it.

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
When I bought my little homestead 5 years ago, I only wanted something for myself. I started planting trees, planning out rock-walled terraces, and essentially "tinkering" with cleaning-up and development of the land.

After a couple years, and a few internet searches to verify that my efforts weren't going to negatively affect each other in the future, I came across the idea of "permaculture".

Now, what originally was simply an aim to cram as many food-producing species of plants into my kingdom as possible has become an obsession. Instead of simply investing on "curb-appeal" and property value, I'm now staring at the blank-slate of my kingdom's legacy.

It turns out that my pragmatism had led me to a "pandora's box" of ideas. Instead of thinking of simply "how far apart to plant trees", thanks to stumbling on the idea of permaculture, I'm thinking in terms of the overall system's functionality. Instead of having an annual garden where I plant my food, all 20 acres of my kingdom have become my garden, my "eden" if you will. And, now, instead of simply planning an annual garden, I'm developing a system of terra-forming for water collection, planting for windbreaks, and planning for maximum sunlight harvest so as to create micro-climates that are favorable to species that typically wouldn't survive in the harsh weather. I'm using far more perennials in my garden then annuals: you plant them once, and with some care, you won't need to plant again.

It's like painting on a canvas, except in 3-D. And, instead of the two mediums (paint and canvas), I'm working with a huge variety of mediums. Trees, shrubs, vines, and flowers will grow in 3-D and be different colors in different seasons... try to paint with that in mind. But, when you start building rock walls to last forever, you can't help but to look ahead at the entire system and consider it's longevity.

Ultimately, when I combine all the mediums of flora and elements of geo-engineering together, the goal is to develop a freestanding, self-supporting system that will provide food in abundance with no inputs from humans and endure long beyond my years. As if that weren't enough in itself, the system is also being developed such that it will support a variety of animals besides humans: livestock and wildlife will both thrive in the environment I'm creating. Which, in turn, will provide still MORE abundance in terms of food.

As for water, rainfall is to be collected by berms, swales, pocket ponds, and all the way down the slope to a series of fish ponds at the bottom. As a result, springs will form in the lowest points of my land, and fresh drinking water concerns of the future will be eliminated.

Then there's the actual castle itself...

After the planting and earthworks are done, I will create the marker and let it be known that I did this. Hopefully, 100 years from now, someone passing through the gates, past the stone foxes guarding the entrance, will read the plaque telling of how I did it all in my lifetime with nothing but sweat and time. Hopefully that someone will be a grandchild, with children of their own, that remembers all that their mother/father taught them in regards to stewardship of the kingdom.

Who knows...
Part of my goals include snatching-up bordering properties as they come up for sale to expand my kingdom. It may be big when I'm done, it may not. I'm not expecting a "Machu Picchu" world-wonder, after all. I just don't have an army of stone masons at my disposal. But, my back works, and I've been dabbling with masonry, so time will tell.

When you think in terms of "satisfying hobbies", my more popular hobbies have left me unsatisfied. My artistic outlets have conflicted with my pragmatism. I can draw, and paint, very well. Yet, when those pieces are finished, all you have is something to hang on the wall and look at. Whereas, with my latest artistic outlet, you can perpetually feed, shelter, and warm yourself... and admire the beauty.

You might think it's goofy, hippie sh¡t at first. However, consider some of the Japanese moss gardens or some of the gardens in Europe. Several gardens have maintained their beauty for centuries. Consider, also, that some of the rice paddy terraces in China are hundreds of years old. Once they're made, someone will use them, or maintain them, because they are far too valuable to let stand idle or neglect. This, I think, is a fantastic legacy. Not only will my survivors benefit, but humans as a whole will likely benefit.

If more people saw the potential that even the ancient civilizations saw, we'd be using our fossil-fuel resources and technology to geo-engineer the planet on a scale that would make the pyramids of Giza, Stonehenge, Roman roads/aquaducts, and the Great Wall of China look like mere scratches on the slate that is the planet. Instead, humanity wants to burn everything, make a dollar off it, or blow it up. So, I have to do only what I can, little bits at a time, until it all takes the shape I had in mind. Future or not, it's enjoyable while I'm doing it. I get to enjoy the fruits of my labors throughout the course of my lifetime. It would be nice if I was appreciated in the future, but, it's not like anyone is going to dig me up and give me a pat on the back or shake my hand. So, I'm keeping my goals realistic and shooting for a kid or two that thinks highly of their heritage instead of being ashamed of it.
I've walked through some awe inspiring Oriental Gardens. Just remember that a goal is simply a dream with a plan. You'll get to where you want to be and your piece of the world will be a better place for it. Thank you for the post.

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
This should be a great thread. My Legacy will be the contributions I've made in my Career as well as in Academia and the Local Community.

Kids are NOT going to be apart of this plan for me, I think that having Kids is just going to destroy me internally (the stress from being handcuffed and not being able to truly Father them) as well as externally through the woman and the Child Support System RAPING me in payments.

Overall, I will be proud of my Legacy but I am still trying to work on getting over the feeling of just being ripped off in terms of additional dreams and aspirations.

Man, I wanted to get married and have a wife, 2 kids and a FENCE. It's just not going to happen. Not going to have a wife because I realize the Marriage system is a scam, not going to have Kids because the Family Court is a scam as well as being a REAL Father today will get you slapped with abuse charges, and I won't have a FENCE because the Economy is structured so much that it makes sense to remain Mobile rather than tied down to a house.

I'm getting over my bitterness period here, and learning to enjoy what I DO have left to enjoy in life. After all, I'm going to die in 50 - 55 years (hopefully not sooner) and that's really not a long time if you look at it.
Maybe if not your own children, maybe a good program to help needy children. Not financially, some of them just need mentoring from an educated upstanding citizen. You may find that this will bring you peace with no risk of losing what you've worked hard for. Always good to read your posts Sir. Thanks.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really care what I leave behind. I won't be alive to see where my legacy goes. If I'm not exceedingly famous, my accomplishments will just get buried over time... Unless I'm like Vulpine and make a plaque of myself :D

Regardless, here's what I am leaving behind...

- A son. He will be my successor, and will likely inherit all that I've worked for.

- Original music. I've written and recorded my own album. I created something out of nothing, solely by using my creativity and imagination

- Resurrected media. I have a side-hobby of bringing forgotten and abandoned media to the masses. Much of it has been passed around from country to country.

So yeah, nothing extremely significant, but I'm proud of the things I've done. I can certainly carry a satisfying life full of my own accomplishments to my grave.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Zed,
At the end of the day,all any of us leave is our genetic footprint in the DNA of our Progeny!

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
Man, this is what they WANT you to do. If you want things to change, YOU and others like you are the ones that need to be breeding.

As to what I want to leave behind, obviously I want my blood-line to live on. I would like to get my children as ahead in life as I possibly can to equip them to kick life's ass more than I ever could.

This is a hard question. Not sure what else I am really capable of leaving behind.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
This is a hard question. Not sure what else I am really capable of leaving behind.
...aside from the obvious "mountain of whisky bottles and used condoms".
:up:

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last of the Alphas said:
When I'm on my deathbed, I want to know that I positively impacted the lives of everyone I came in contact with in any significant way.
Prolific, inspiring, and very Buddhist!

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe this is kind of a "deep" thread. I guess with the holidays being around my sentimental side is blazing. I read posts here daily and they all seem to have a down and out feel to them.

My ex LTR dumped me, what do I do?(BEEN HERE!) The world is Fu**ed! Women suck! I'm not saying that none of this is true, but if I'm going to live my life while tackling these situations...There needs to be a reason!

If "red-pill" mentality means unplugging from societies tyranny and creating your own reality, then shouldn't we have a plan for what that reality is? Should we just create endless threads of the woes of our current situations, or should we constructively get together and help to solve the problems that arise.

I choose to plan, to set goals, and to win at the game of life. Some of you do the same...some don't. Whether you are raising off-spring, or interacting with people socially, everyday you're leaving something behind.

Think hard, plan, and set goals. and if you're lucky, what you leave behind may have some significance. Happy Holidays Gentlemen.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ZTIME said:
I would like to have a child someday as this whole "legacy thing" is appealing to me, but I'm in no hurry.

I felt compelled to respond to this because quite frankly while SS is a good site, it's focus is rather limited. I only know of 2 other members here who are happily married like I am, though I can't recall if they have kids. Some other members here who are single do have kids too.

The only bit of advice I can offer you is if you want to have kids, considering you stated you're already 43, the time to have a kid is now but you state you're in no hurry. So by the time you're 50 you hope to have a kid? Math doesn't lie here and by the time your kid is 20 you'll be hitting 70?

People who have never been parents before, yet put it off until a much later age are only screwing themselves over. A married couple we are very good friends with are in a similar situation though they have fertility problems and can't have kids. He is about 41, she is I think 33-34. They are both great with kids and I've seen them interact with mine many times and they're great people. Despite having been around them so much over the past years, and my kids spending time with them extensively, they still do not have that 'parenting' quality yet. I can't really explain what that is in words very well, but I know it when I see it and probably most any other parent knows what I'm talking about. I have advised them before that if medical stuff doesn't work for them and they want a child badly enough, they should adopt. A couple years ago they said they were strongly considering it, even called a few agencies. Today, they still have no kid; they say they are still "waiting". Whatever....

Being a parent can wear you out quickly and try your patience at any random hour of every day. The older you are, the harder it is to become a first-time parent because your life will be changed so much; you think you've got all the bases covered, but you don't. No one does. The older you are, you don't 'snap back' as quickly to "normal" as you do when you're younger when you've got to stay up late with a sick kid and head in to work on time the next morning or deal with taking them to the doctor with no notice as soon as they feel sick...or even finding just a few hours out of the month for someone to watch them just so you can have a little bit of time to yourself.

I'm not trying to put you down or crap on your plan, but I think you should be a little more realistic and consider the possibility that you may not have a child.

Moroder

Don Juan
Reaction score
BetterCallSaul said:
considering you stated you're already 43, the time to have a kid is now but you state you're in no hurry.
I second that. Don't be deceived by popular biology. It's not just about fertility, it's about your own energy and willingness to give up large parts of the life you're used to. The clock is ticking on men, too, despite popular belief. Parenting is a very humbling experience - you don't know sh1t and have to learn it step by step. And it's a wonderful experience that transforms your life, forever.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Saul,
Get real Mate " frankly while SS is a good site, it's focus is rather limited"...You are a great Bloke I feel certain,but this site is not for traditional Men,it is for Don Juans...Would your wife like it if you were a DJ?...I am profoundly sorry that we disappoint but you have to be realistic friend!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ZTIME said:
If "red-pill" mentality means unplugging from societies tyranny and creating your own reality, then shouldn't we have a plan for what that reality is?
I thought "red pill" meant seeing reality as it really is. Otherwise, what's the point?

BetterCallSaul said:
The only bit of advice I can offer you is if you want to have kids, considering you stated you're already 43, the time to have a kid is now but you state you're in no hurry. So by the time you're 50 you hope to have a kid? Math doesn't lie here and by the time your kid is 20 you'll be hitting 70?
I don't have any children, but I agree with this. My father was 50 when I was born. He was a good man, but I always knew that I missed out on certain things because the other kids' parents were youthful and energetic. My dad had worked and supported his family his whole life and he was noticeably slowing down. Didn't have the energy to go play catch with me and such. Also, by that age your chromosomes can be damaged, and you run a higher risk of birth defects.

I always look at the younger guys in their early 20s who have kids and I think that's probably the best way to do it. BAM you get kids thrown at you before you know what hits you, but you have the energy to deal with it better. I'm not sure anyone is truly ever ready to have kids anyway.

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BetterCallSaul said:
I felt compelled to respond to this because quite frankly while SS is a good site, it's focus is rather limited. I only know of 2 other members here who are happily married like I am, though I can't recall if they have kids. Some other members here who are single do have kids too.

People who have never been parents before, yet put it off until a much later age are only screwing themselves over. A married couple we are very good friends with are in a similar situation though they have fertility problems and can't have kids. He is about 41, she is I think 33-34. They are both great with kids and I've seen them interact with mine many times and they're great people. Despite having been around them so much over the past years, and my kids spending time with them extensively, they still do not have that 'parenting' quality yet. I can't really explain what that is in words very well, but I know it when I see it and probably most any other parent knows what I'm talking about. I have advised them before that if medical stuff doesn't work for them and they want a child badly enough, they should adopt. A couple years ago they said they were strongly considering it, even called a few agencies. Today, they still have no kid; they say they are still "waiting". Whatever....

Being a parent can wear you out quickly and try your patience at any random hour of every day. The older you are, the harder it is to become a first-time parent because your life will be changed so much; you think you've got all the bases covered, but you don't. No one does. The older you are, you don't 'snap back' as quickly to "normal" as you do when you're younger when you've got to stay up late with a sick kid and head in to work on time the next morning or deal with taking them to the doctor with no notice as soon as they feel sick...or even finding just a few hours out of the month for someone to watch them just so you can have a little bit of time to yourself.

I'm not trying to put you down or crap on your plan, but I think you should be a little more realistic and consider the possibility that you may not have a child.
I have considered the possibility that I may not have children, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like one of my own. I have read the posts in here about how hard it can be to raise children, but keep in mind that for the last 6 years I had two girlfriends with children. I helped raise them. Although it was my own stupidity that allowed this to happen, I still gained some experience with children. It may or may not happen. I was just not going to leave it out of my future plans.

Anyway, this thred was originally made to talk about future plans for everyone here and to discuss legacy.

And yes Zekko, "red pill" is intended for you to see what reality truly is, but once that's discovered is that the reality you'll choose to live. Or will you set goals for your own dreams to create what will become your own reality.

Not a knock on you, just an explanation of what my intended post was meant to be.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
ZTIME said:
I have considered the possibility that I may not have children, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like one of my own. I have read the posts in here about how hard it can be to raise children, but keep in mind that for the last 6 years I had two girlfriends with children. I helped raise them. Although it was my own stupidity that allowed this to happen, I still gained some experience with children. It may or may not happen. I was just not going to leave it out of my future plans.

Anyway, this thred was originally made to talk about future plans for everyone here and to discuss legacy.

And yes Zekko, "red pill" is intended for you to see what reality truly is, but once that's discovered is that the reality you'll choose to live. Or will you set goals for your own dreams to create what will become your own reality.

Not a knock on you, just an explanation of what my intended post was meant to be.
The Red Pill is a double edged sword. It slices away on one end through all of the bullshyt in life and gets you to the hardcore TRUTH....but on the other end it slices a lot of the optimism you had in life out of you as most of it was build up on this concept of "Love" which you discover, doesn't exist and never did.

The challenge going forward is similar to that a fan of Pro Wrestling faces today. "The Red Pill" has been shown so to speak, and you KNOW it's not real...NONE OF IT. But as a person that still "desires" to be a fan, you have to find a way to still get "caught up" in the moments.