Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Situation at Work

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I committed the cardinal sin. The one rule at work that I thought I'd never break. Before I go any further, trust me, I ALREADY KNOW. But this is what happens when you go to company happy hours and after 3 hours of drinking and shots, two very young and sexy women from work approach you and your buddy.

So, it all started when there was a company happy hour and my best buddy (38) from work and I (34) were sitting at the bar. Apparently, two of the ladies that work with us have had "crushes" on us for a while now. We were oblivious to it and spent the night having beers and discussing micro-brews. They decided to approach both of us together and it was on. People kept leaving until it was the four of us. One left with him, the other with me. Before we left, the other girl looked at me out of concern. Like she wasn't approving in a way. I didn't understand.

Needless to say, we decided to go out on separate dates after that night. We did, and my night went pretty well. His, not so much, but he endured and then the girls had the brilliant idea of making the next date a double date. My buddy's girl was acting a bit "weird" and I couldn't understand why. She was telling "my girl" to stop acting up so much around. To be fair, my girl was throwing kino around like there was no tomorrow. I chalked it up to high interest and thought nothing of it. As the night wore on, they had more drinks, and my bud and I were just chilling while having brews. I "bonded" a bit with the other girl because we both have some similar traits and I am Puerto Rican, she is half. Cool, right?

All of a sudden, they started getting mean to each other. I left to go to the bathroom and when I came back, they were going at it while my buddy slowly moved out of the situation. Upon coming back, I realized they hadn't noticed me in the proximity. That's when I realized that Half-Rican was yelling at her because she wasn't being truthful to me about where she was in her life. But she was drunk, so I tried my best to make out what they were talking about.

Apparently my chick is still seeing her ex and had a vacation planned out with him. But, yet she wanted to go home with me that night and have me take her out and court her. Half-Rican said that that wasn't fair to me and that I should know the truth. In all honesty, this makes more sense in hindsight than at the time. I rejoined the group and it just got worse from there. I got quiet and when we got back to her house, my chick apologized for everything and then I just banged the living crap out of her brains.

Ever since then, she got quiet, distant, and barely talked to me. This was a girl that was so high interest in me, I couldn't even handle it... and I've dealt with BPD before. This wasn't that. This was just a crush come true, for her, I guess. We had set a "date" for Friday night (tomorrow), but I had a feeling she might flake. I barely heard from her during the week, and I asked on Wednesday to confirm and she said "Yes".

Now, we work in completely different buildings at work and today I just so happened to be in her building to give a presentation to a group of people. She saw me. I just waved hello. I passed by Half-Rican's office and she seemed much more enthusiastic to see me. She apologized vaguely (for obvious reasons), and I said no problem. Now after a few hours of having seen me, my chick decides to text me: (I broke up the conversation because what I said to her really is irrelevant).

"I just want to be honest with you. My ex is still somewhat in my life and I still have feelings for him. It's a very non traditional situation between him and I right now. We're not dating and he's supposed to be moving away soon, but I'm truly not in a place right now to be getting serious with anyone. I do like you and think you're a great guy so that's why I'm being completely honest with you. And I'd still like to hang out sometimes if the opportunity arises. A part of me didn't want to tell you anything...in fear that I may ultimately mess this up forever. But, I think a lot of you, enough to be completely honest. I mean, it's not just my decision what happens now. I'd like to continue to hang out casually and continue to get to know each other and be more like friends for now? it's only fair to you. but i understand if you can't do that either."

I pretty much left it at that and haven't said much other than that I needed time to think.

I'm BS'ing. There isn't anything to think about other than how to handle this. In the DJ playbook, I'd immediately discard and throw away. The problem is that my buddy is dating her best friend, so I'll have repeat visits from her in the future whether at work or with them. My problem is HOW to handle this overall. So I'm looking to my DJ studs for help on this, because this is a situation that should have never happened and I never should have allowed to happen. How do I handle this version of the LJBF, because I clearly see through her but the situation is quite the sticky one. I'm obviously cancelling my "date" with her tomorrow night. I'm not going to pay for her drinks and foods and reward her crappy behavior. But I'm not going scorched earth nor douchebag on her because of obvious reasons.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd play long with the friends bit. She feels guilty about cheating on the other guy, but it's not like she wouldn't do it again. Play it cool and you can probably still fvck her every once in a while.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats the problem she said you can still hang out and bang.

Should have replied "ok no problem" go ghost for a week or 2 then call her up like nothing happened ask her to hang out like she said.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really haven't made a decision yet about it. But to me it just sounds like she wants to be "friends" without the benefits. Just to keep me around until her dude officially leaves. I just don't see the point on taking her out for dates and not going all the way after we already have.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
I really haven't made a decision yet about it. But to me it just sounds like she wants to be "friends" without the benefits. Just to keep me around until her dude officially leaves. I just don't see the point on taking her out for dates and not going all the way after we already have.
way too much over analyzing here. you think this woman knows what in the hell she wants? let her go be with the ex he'll probably shoot himself in the foot and you'll be banging her again pretty quick.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Kailex said:
Be aloof and if she mentions being "friends", agree with it and act like that's all you intended all along. Once she thinks she is in your friendzone her hamster will spin out of control and she will need to validate herself to you and the end result will be your snake in her cave. These friends situations are my favorite because they always get me laid.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't even bother replying, and if you bump into her tell her you want a relationship, not a friend. She cheated on some poor sap, and she'll do it to you, too, so there really isn't much of a future here besides a FWB situation, if it ever happens, which seems doubtful.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, trust me, I've already discarded her as any type of "LTR" status, strictly because of my own signature. I could never see her in that light, ever again... which I guess is the root of my disappointment because she is a very solid 8-9.

I see what you guys are saying, I'm going to keep my distance and try to handle it in a tactful way.

Last thing I need is for this to turn into an HR matter because she felt slighted. I'm not above the "Sure, let's be friends." approach and then just not following through or just keeping it civil enough. But there's no way I'm taking her out on a Friday knowing her ex has his sperm bullets locked and loaded for her on a Saturday.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- She want to fvck but doesn't want a LTR
- She works for the same company, but in a separate building

As long as you don't make the workplace uncomfortable for the both of you whenever you're in the building, you should be fine banging her for however long you wish. Just do NOT get emotionally involved. When you're ready to end it, just start flaking.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll bring another take to this.

I think you must have shown her the AFC side in yourself, and you might be a little in denial. If this broad TRULY WANTED to f*ck you, she would make a way to do it. Instead, she's telling you about her ex. Yeah, I know the friend wanted her to do it, but I'm afraid it may have been in pity. Bad. Your girl could have told her friend that she was done with the ex, but she didn't, because she wasn't. She wasn't into you enough to fully let go of him. Not sure where it went south for you, but it did somewhere.

Now, on the denial part.....didn't you say your buddy's date with the other girl didn't go well, but now they are still together and dating? Sounds like his date went better than yours' did, in all honesty. Tough love, man, but it is what it is.

Not sure why others are saying, "well she wants to f*ck you, what's the problem?" You said yourself she wants to be friends WITHOUT the benefits.

Good news is, she isn't very quality, and you know what you have to do. Just let it go, don't ruin your work environment more than you already have.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LJBF. Man, keep your p3nis out of there!! Bad for your health and bad for your job.

It's ok, we all backslide from time to time. Just get back in the saddle and be civil to her. If she prods you for more just say you've met someone.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether I showed "some" AFC qualities or not, it's possible. My mindset was different, I'll admit with her, and that might have rubbed off. Regardless of the reason, it doesn't matter right now.

I told her this morning that I have no problem with being friends and that we can keep talking.

I have no intention of asking her out or following up on it. I just wanted it to stay civil, regardless. She seemed surprised but okay with it. No mention at all about tonight, and there needs to be none anyway. I have other plans.

Tomorrow I am going to a brewery with my buddy and Half-Rican is going to be there. We all know I am going. "My chick" messaged me today saying she heard I was going with them, to which my response was "That's the plan." She won't be going, but I saw Half-Rican today and she told me that there is someone she'd love for me to meet.

I'd rather stay at a fair distance, I don't need this, specially now with a job that I absolutely love. If showing her the AFC side or not is what got me to back off and not fall in deeper, so be it. I care WAY much more about my work than I would about her. Sometimes the testosterone is blinding. Onwards and upwards.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
Whether I showed "some" AFC qualities or not, it's possible. My mindset was different, I'll admit with her, and that might have rubbed off. Regardless of the reason, it doesn't matter right now.
Well, it matters in that you could learn from this situation if you truly opened your eyes as to what was going on.
Kailex said:
I told her this morning that I have no problem with being friends and that we can keep talking.
Why do this? Don't give her the satisfaction.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because it's my job. I don't care about her satisfaction.

Like I said in the original post. If this were any other situation, I'd just chuck up my deuces and say, "See you later."

Let me rephrase, this isn't just my job, it's my career. The one thing I want to do is handle this gingerly. If it were random girl from the bar or from OKC or any other place, I couldn't care less about how to handle this. But the fact of the matter is that I will still have to see this woman at some point, maybe more than I'd like, but for the short-term, I'm trying to throw up a white flag.

Last thing I need is to slight a 26 year old woman who could turn this around on me, with HR.

And I said it doesn't matter right now. Obviously, my takeaway from this is to definitely not get involved with co-workers. The "AFC" suggestion simply might have happened because it was a comfortable situation and I just let my guard down. It's an outlier in my life and not the norm.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Her:
"I just want to be honest with you. My ex is still somewhat in my life and I still have feelings for him. It's a very non traditional situation between him and I right now. We're not dating and he's supposed to be moving away soon, but I'm truly not in a place right now to be getting serious with anyone. I do like you and think you're a great guy so that's why I'm being completely honest with you. And I'd still like to hang out sometimes if the opportunity arises. A part of me didn't want to tell you anything...in fear that I may ultimately mess this up forever. But, I think a lot of you, enough to be completely honest. I mean, it's not just my decision what happens now. I'd like to continue to hang out casually and continue to get to know each other and be more like friends for now? it's only fair to you. but i understand if you can't do that either."

You:
"Blah blah blah. Do you like Anal?"