Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Zombieland

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, this is an admittedly stupid post, but let's have some fun:

The situation is the same as it is near the end of the movie Zombieland. Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin are trapped on a stalled amusement park ride. A huge horde of hungry zombies have gathered below. For the moment, their seats are safely high in the air, but the gears are slipping, and their seats are slowly lurching downward toward the ground, and the zombies. Any attempt at a rescue mission will be extremely dangerous and the odds of your surviving will be against you.

What is the alpha move here?
Are you a beta white knight if you risk your life to try and save the girls?
If you were an alpha, would you value your own skin more than the girls' and indifferently walk away? Or would fearlessly risking your life be more alpha?

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no clear definition of "alpha" so it's up to everyone's own interpretation.

To me, the term alpha has a lot of association with primal instincts. Would the leader of a pack of silverback gorillas risk his own life to try and save two of his females?

Being bold, fearlessly rising to the occasion with no regard for the risk, making an effort with everything you got and going out swinging instead of giving up in advance... Seems more like the alpha response.

But it might not be the SMARTEST response! Assessing the situation carefully, doing a calculation of the chances of succes like a scientist, might keep you alive and thus be the smartest course of action. But a scientific demeanor isn't exactly what I associate with the term "alpha"...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
Assessing the situation carefully, doing a calculation of the chances of succes like a scientist, might keep you alive and thus be the smartest course of action. But a scientific demeanor isn't exactly what I associate with the term "alpha"...
True, but jumping in to save the girls right away seems to be "white knightish" by definition, doesn't it? Also, a lot of people associate selfishness with alphas, so I wonder. Maybe the betas save the girls and she runs off with the guy who was sitting on the bench watching the whole thing, lol. But really, the alpha/beta stuff can get pretty silly...

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
But really, the alpha/beta stuff can get pretty silly...
Indeed!

Hmm, it's been years since I've seen that movie so I don't really remember the details but if he had accomplished nothing with them up until that point, it does seem beta/white knight to risk his life for them.
Only if he had fvcked them or at least gotten clear signals that they felt attracted to him, could it be "alpha" to risk his life saving them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
Hmm, it's been years since I've seen that movie so I don't really remember the details but if he had accomplished nothing with them up until that point, it does seem beta/white knight to risk his life for them.
Only if he had fvcked them or at least gotten clear signals that they felt attracted to him, could it be "alpha" to risk his life saving them.
I haven't seen it for awhile either, but IIRC Jesse Eisenberg and Emma Stone had hooked up in Bill Murray's mansion, but she split the next morning without saying goodbye. So I believe Eisenberg had banged her, but she had displayed some disrespectful behavior.

Woody Harrelson was helping him, but he had no sexual entanglements in the film. And Abigail Breslin was underage at the time anyway - if such things matter in the zombie apocalypse.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
zekko said:

The situation is the same as it is near the end of the movie Zombieland. Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin are trapped on a stalled amusement park ride. A huge horde of hungry zombies have gathered below. For the moment, their seats are safely high in the air, but the gears are slipping, and their seats are slowly lurching downward toward the ground, and the zombies. Any attempt at a rescue mission will be extremely dangerous and the odds of your surviving will be against you.

If you were an alpha, would you value your own skin more than the girls' and indifferently walk away? Or would fearlessly risking your life be more alpha?
One question, are these the only last two girls in the world? Or are there others?

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An alpha would f-ck the zombie chicks.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VikingKing, there may be other females alive in the world, but this group has not encountered any. And they went on a cross country trip, so I'd say women are pretty rare.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:

I've watched that movie countless times... It is hilarious.

Let's not forget about Tallahassee taking down HORDES of zombies in a small hut with 2 M1911's and about 64 rounds of ammunition and survived... I remember pausing the movie and counting the zombies and he had to have not missed a shot while killing 2 with 1 bullet to take them all down basically. Columbus saving Little Rock and Wichita is probably the easiest thing he could have done.

But yeah in my situation I probably would have saved them. They were both in the group so if I had the chance I would definitely save someone else male or female. A woman walking out and showing disrespectful behavior is barely enough to "leave her to die" so to speak. That is unless she seriously fvcked me/us over but she didn't. Remember, this is a zombie apocalypse. They could bring me something good or even bad. After saving them I would probably pack it up and leave with Tallahassee/my partner without a word though. If they want to tag back along at that point then that's fine by me unless my partner has an issue.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You save em like a boss and bang em like an alpha lol

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
You save em like a boss and bang em like an alpha lol
Hahaha best reply xD