Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Huge protests scheduled in NYC and other major cities - Eric Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ml?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000047&ir=Black+Voices

I invite anyone to watch this video of this man pleading with police, telling them he cannot breathe while under a chokehold...and rationally explain me there shouldn't be an indictment. The guys subdued on the ground, not resisting, yet he is choked to death with a hold that's not allowable according to NYPD guidelines. Hell, any legal professional I see speaking out on this calls it an illegal chokehold.

Body cams wont change a thing when courts ignore video evidence.

Sh!ts about to hit the fan in this country between citizens and police.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 0:30 the camera cuts out and moves from when that officer was talking to him, to when they took him down. Sorry, I'll need to see the whole video. The cops were sitting there knowing they were being videotaped, with tons of witnesses. They wouldn't willingly do anything illegal.

And again Gaylan, if you can't understand this the first time, THE GUY WAS SUSPECTED OF BREAKING THE LAW. The cops had the right to arrest him. If he resisted, they have the right to use force. And he did resist.

If you want to argue that he should not have been arrested for such a petty offense, I may agree. But that is the current law. Deal with it, or move somewhere else. Not sure what it is you people want.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell me how a man pleading on the ground with open palms is resisting arrest? How's that make sense? How is it resisting when youre begging for your life as youre being choked to death? What a fvking idiot speeddawg is.

So the man is ok to be killed for selling single cigarettes? Get the fuk outta here. And the man just broke up a fight before the police started harassing him too.

At the end of the day, it was an illegal fvking chokehold...and the fact that this court is setting the precedent that cops can choke you to death on video, is a sh!tty precedent indeed.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Tell me how a man pleading on the ground with open palms is resisting arrest? How's that make sense? How is it resisting when youre begging for your life as youre being choked to death? What a fvking idiot speeddawg is.

So the man is ok to be killed for selling single cigarettes? Get the fuk outta here. And the man just broke up a fight before the police started harassing him too.

At the end of the day, it was an illegal fvking chokehold...and the fact that this court is setting the precedent that cops can choke you to death on video, is a sh!tty precedent indeed.
Well does it matter to you the cop is White and the man is black? Because if that makes any difference to you or to people who are like minded, I simply can't feel sympathy for the guy or for your potential cause and in fact I would really hope and encourage that you are given actual reason.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VikingKing said:
Well does it matter to you the cop is White and the man is black?
You must have missed my posts on Kelly Thomas or Dillon Taylor. Two white men killed by officers.

The nation, especially social media, was in an uproar when Kelly Thomas' killers got off, despite the video evidence. And I was super pissed as well, considering how the man was a mentally ill homeless guy pleading for his life on video.

So how about you stick to the damn issue here. Did I mention race in my OP? No, Im voicing further displease with sh!tty police behavior.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
You must have missed my posts on Kelly Thomas or Dillon Taylor. Two white men killed by officers.

The nation, especially social media, was in an uproar when Kelly Thomas' killers got off, despite the video evidence. And I was super pissed as well, considering how the man was a mentally ill homeless guy pleading for his life on video.

So how about you stick to the damn issue here. Did I mention race in my OP? No, Im voicing further displease with sh!tty police behavior.
No but we already know your race and your predisposition to modern "white oppression/ privilege" which really, really, really dirties any of your opinions on matters related to human rights. I would suggest you get busy trying to convince the Ferguson protesters that the race shouldn't matter, but the act of police brutality should count.

I literally have heard a black guy yell "If they think the rodney king riots were bad, they haven't seen nothing nothing yet."

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VikingKing said:
No but we already know your race and your predisposition to modern "white oppression/ privilege" which really, really, really dirties any of your opinions on matters related to human rights. I would suggest you get busy trying to convince the Ferguson protesters that the race shouldn't matter, but the act of police brutality should count.

I literally have heard a black guy yell "If they think the rodney king riots were bad, they haven't seen nothing nothing yet."
And we already know that you don't give a damn about human rights or the police state depending on the color of the victim. So speak for yourself rather than try and make assumptions about me.

You can actually leave the thread if you don't really care about the topic. Lord knows your tone would be different if one of your buddies from your other thread started a discussion about some white person being killed by a black person. Anyways you can keep whining about race if you want, it makes it obvious what you only care about (which highlights your hypocrisy once we consider your accusations towards me)

My main thing here is unchecked abuse of power by officers and the justice system not holding them accountable.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:

Well, I'm a black man and I know a lot about this case. He WAS resisting arrest, they told him to come on and put his hands behind his back and he said he wasn't going to "do this shyt today" and resisted.

The issue with these cases is that the Media picks and chooses which ones to cover based on the outrage expected. It's always the cases where the black guy is doing something stupid AND the cops are going above and beyond to detain the stupid acting black guy....which causes all of the outrage.

The problem that's going on in this country around this issue, is that the cops are too quick to use deadly force to detain citizens when they are being stupid and acting outright dumb/criminal. You COMBINE this with an out of control black community that glorifies bullshyt and you have a recipe for disaster.

The Media loves picking these cases and discussing them because it causes outrage and all different types of sides, which increases ratings.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody else notice the black female officer in the video? She doesn't seem to mind the choke hold.

And Gaylan, nobody cares how many white victims of police you bring up. To me, if you break the law, deal with the consequences. Your attempts to get an emotional response from white people over white criminals isn't working.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^:yawn: Just leave the thread. I didn't bring up race. You did. Clearly youre the one who's most concerned with it right now. Take it elsewhere, Im done responding to you. The only one seeking an emotional response or responding emotionally is you. How about you find another thread to whine about race in. Im here talking about police accountability.
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Involuntary manslaughter.
This.

My dad and his friends in his legal circle said the same exact thing. But he also knows the reality of bs that goes on in the justice system,.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry Jaylan, but it seems to me that he WAS NOT choked to death!

First of all, you have to realize that when a person is really being choked hard enough to the point where he actually can't get air through his windpipe, then he sure can't SPEAK OUT the words: "I can't breathe". To put it simply: If he couldn't breathe, then he couldn't speak the words: "I can't breathe" as clearly as he did.

Yeah, the officer did take him in a choke hold and I'm sure it caused the big guy trouble to breathe, no doubt about it. At one point he can only mumble and is making a gurgling sound, so at that point he assumably had trouble getting air through his windpipe. But this was a very short moment, he was able to fully speak out the words "I can't breathe" during the rest of the incident. Do you know how long a human being needs to be cut off from oxygen before it kills him??? A minute AT LEAST, probably even a lot longer. The short moment where he was gurgling was only a few seconds...

Besides, not too long after they hit the ground, the officer let go of the choke hold and simply held the big guy's head pressed to the ground. The actual time that he held him in a choke hold was not nearly long enough to make someone die from a lack of oxygen. But like I said, he WAS NOT cut off from oxygen even during the choke hold, otherwise he couldn't speak out so clearly all the time.

So it's quite obvious that he wasn't choked to death. If you don't realize that, then you have no common sense at all, I'm sorry...

So then what happened? Well, they already mentioned in the video: he went into cardiac arrest. When a person goes into cardiac arrest, he will experience SHORTNESS OF BREATH, which is exactly what the big guy was experiencing, as opposed to NO OXYGEN GETTING THROUGH THE WINDPIPE AT ALL.

The guy filming says so too: "they gave him a seizure"

Extremely fat people like this guy (more than 300 pounds) have a high risk of going into cardiac arrest and he was obviously very tense and stressed out from the start of the video, I suspect his heartrate and blood pressure were sky high. Then came the last push, which was the officers taking him down and him resisting it, an event which causes a lot of tension and high stress levels throughout your body. BZZZT, he went into cardiac arrest, just like when your computer totally freezes...

So anyone saying this guy GOT CHOKED TO DEATH is talking out of his bumhole, it is complete bullsh!t. Debates about the choke hold being illegal and blahblahblah is totally besides the point coz the choke hold was not the cause of his death, he WAS NOT choked to death...

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
They asked him to leave. He argued, then resisted continued to resist, had a heart attack.

But the majority of the blacks in the United States will accuse the White cops of being racists. Aw his black cousin claims he wasn't a violent person, she is probably the most credible person in this case! Of course with the street mantra of "don't snitch" that even increases her case for credibility.

Look how big this man is. You can't arrest some one like this easily if they don't want to agree to it. So short of hitting him in the knee as hard as you can, tazing him would have caused him to fall straight to the ground and injury himself/ cause a heart attack.

In my opinion the officers considered is weight, and decided the best way to bring him to the ground with out injuring him. If you watch the video, he went down slowly, did not fall. The man could have just walked away.

I'm sure when there is a fight in the street it is part of police orders of operations to disperse all parties involved away from the area so that there is no more trouble. In that case why would the police just take some ones word for it, and go against what they do for every one in the particular situation for this random guy?

Even if he was "breaking up a fight" what if it was his cousin that picked a fight and started losing and at which time he decided to "break it up"?

The police did what they could the best way they knew how.

This man would not co-operate and tasing him would have surely caused him injury if not death.

out of posts: Oh please gaylan, those are different cops from another city. You suggest we tie the hands of cops, or open the cop to getting accused of abuse because a person claims to.

That man could have just walked away and left. Its illegal to sell untaxed cigarettes, and if he should be allowed to break the law, then I should be able to also.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
^They still caused his death. Any of us would be liable for someone's death if our chokehold caused an immediate and deadly health response.
Bullsh!t. What if the officer had made a joke that caused the big guy to laugh really hard and uncontrollably, then the laughing caused his body to go into cardiac arrest? Should the officer be held accountable for "causing his death"???

Or an officer commanding a suspect to put his hands on his head, angrily shouting his command towards the suspect, which causes the suspect to get really stressed and going into cardiac arrest?

Fvck that logic, man. The choke hold was a contributing factor to his cardiac arrest AT THE MOST. So was them standing around him... So was them talking to him... So was him breaking up a fight between other people just before this incident... What, you think the people he broke up fighting should be sued for causing his cardiac arrest too???

As a matter of fact, I'm getting pretty tense while writing this post. If I go into cardiac arrest, do you think YOU should be sued for causing this tension inside of me with your posts???

I'm sorry, man. I know you're having everyone against you in this thread because of the black vs. white issue but I don't have anything to do with that. You need to stop making it seem like the guy was choked to death or that the choke hold was the decisive factor in his death.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Spectacular logic to compare telling jokes to actually physically inducing a heart attack. Yep...verbal statements are the same as a physical chokehold. I would love to be able to choke out some jackass at the nightclub, and then claim that his heart attack caused his death. Id be in jail super quick (because I don't get that blue badge leeway)

Idiocy comparing joke-telling to outright choking someone into a deadly health episode. Nothing further to discuss when such stupidity is said. At least Danger and PairPlus see this clearly and without much bias. Mind you PairPlus actually is a legal professional himself.

PS - Those are two white guys btw...and Im a black guy and didn't argue with their viewpoints on this case. So drop the race bullsh!t because it wasn't in my OP.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suit yourself... You're being unreasonable and erratic, I'm not gonna waste my time on your idiotic statements anymore.

Here, you can have the last word... Make good use of it and have fun with your stupid thread, lol.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can watch that video (and it was hard to watch) and not think the police officers should be brought up on charges.

The411

Banned
Reaction score
That's amazing how police are simply supposed to know a persons medical history by looking at them.

Cops should be better "trained" on how to take an innocent hulking angel into custody as he resists arrest.

Eric Gardner had an extensive rap sheet. I guess Eric didn't even know he had health issues yet cops are supposed to know simply by looking at a person when even a doctor needs to check them first. Perhaps well have doctors to ride along with police to give future suspects medical exams before cops can step in to assume it's safe to arrest them.

Now why didn't Eric Gardner since he already has an extensive rap sheet and a history with police simply not resist arrest and put his hands behind his back instead of fighting? are we to assume Eric Gardner with the extensive history with police and a long rap sheet was a funtioning retard whom had no clue of what to do EXCEPT to resist arrest?

The odd thing about this tragedy is that after it happened the cops in the area stopped 'bothering' people and residents then COMPLAINED that CRIME WENT UP IN THE AREA.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
The411,

When it comes to cops...it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. When you TRY to police the area, they say you are over-policing. When you reduce the cops on the street and the ghetto turns into a ZOO, they say where are the cops?

And those same black women marching against the "Legal System that's setup to destroy the black man" are the FIRST ONES to call that Legal System (9-11, Family Court, whatever) on the black man the moment he doesn't do what she wants him to do.

It's all bullshyt.

Status
Not open for further replies.