Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I HATE people who hold eye contact too long!

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry but had to get this off my chest. Whenever I'm talking to my boss, he will hold eye contact, but even after the last word is spoken he still won't break it, and this irritates me to no end!

You know, silence, weird eye contact and you're thinking "is he waiting for me to say something or what? are we done here?"

He's a super nice guy and I'm not sure why he does that, maybe he read somewhere that leaders have to hold eye contact? Fail.

Guys, it's creepy to hold a blank stare if the convo is finished. The man in charge must end the interaction. It almost feels like he's asking for my permission to leave.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny because I enjoy many freedoms at work, and that I could actually dominate our work relationship through interaction alone. I'm just not doing anything because he's cool to hang with and I have no ambitions to usurp him.

But it really feels out of place and makes me uncomfortable as an employee.

This is how girls must feel about AFCs!

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree that he probably read that somewhere in a book and he's mis-applying the concept.

Holding eye contact is generally a way to gain respect, but after a certain time limit, it becomes creepy... most people can't quite figure out the thin line between respect and creepiness...

EDIT:: Also, in some cultures it's considered confrontational/disrespectful to hold eye contact too long. If he did that in Latin America or the Middle East, I guarantee sh1t's gonna get real...