Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rick Grimes

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those of you who watch The Walking Dead, what do you think of Rick? Would you say he is the type of man you would strive to be?

I think he wasn't always acting alpha with his wife but the way he carries himself overall deserves my respect.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, you guys really think so? I never looked at him from that perspective, thanks for the input! :up:

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I know what you mean. I've been watching from day one and nobody knew what I was talking about at the time...

Anyway, even though he's fictional, I think the lead character is a good example of a "real man", "alpha", "role model" or whatever you wanna call a man that any other man should take an example to...

These type of discussions pop up now and then on here, threads discussing Tony Soprano from the Sopranos, Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy, Don Draper from Mad Men etc. and the way they handle women, whether they are alpha etc.
There never seems to be any concensus in these discussions, there are always proponents and opponents when someone praises a character. So I was wondering what everyone thinks about Rick Grimes, but apparently no one cares or no one watches this show?? :shrug:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's always tricky to figure out if fictional characters are really alpha are not, as they are conjured up by writers who are likely very NON-alpha, and when they conjure up those characters, they're getting THEIR ideas of what makes an alpha based on OTHER fictional alpha-characters made up by other non-alpha writers.

Also, the way people respond and act around Rick are also contrived, so it's hard to tell.

THAT being said, one way to tell who the REAL alpha character is would be to see what kinds of fans like which kinds of characters.

And the character who makes REAL LADIES in REAL LIFE get their panties wet is Daryl.

(Another interesting side note is another actor who's characters drive the ladies crazy is Sean Bean. Both he and the dude who plays Daryl ain't exactly men's health cover models. Both are pretty goddamn ugly...)

Within the context of the show, one true measure of alpha is how he can get people to follow him, AND how he can get laid.

So far, the only people who have done both (get people to follow him and get laid) are Shane, and The Governor.

Interestingly enough, both Shane and The Governor banged the same lady, who before the zombie apocalypse was a very left leaning civil rights attorney.

Moral Of The Story?

(spoilers below)

Alpha males and the girls they bang all die during a zombie apocalypse.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
The Walking Dead is one of the worst feminist comics around. If anyone actually read through the comic books... its absolute garbage. Why they keep putting sh1t like this on the tube is simple, they are pumping an agenda... and its working. There are no real Alphas on TV or in any TV/Movie Series done in the last 30 years. Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica wrote about this (Dirk Benedict) and basically said that feminism has taken over the media. If you are looking for Alphas in this program, you aren't going to find ANY.
There was a time, I know I was there, when men were men, women were women and sometimes a cigar was just a good smoke. But 40 years of feminism have taken their toll. The war against masculinity has been won. Everything has turned into its opposite, so that what was once flirting and smoking is now sexual harassment and criminal. And everyone is more lonely and miserable as a result.

‘Re-imagining,’ they call it. ‘Un-imagining’ is more accurate. To take what once was and twist it into what never was intended. So that a television show based on hope, spiritual faith and family is un-imagined and regurgitated as a show of despair, sexual violence and family dysfunction. To better reflect the times of ambiguous morality in which we live, one would assume. A show in which the aliens (Cylons) are justified in their desire to destroy human civilization, one would assume. Indeed, let us not say who the good guys are and who the bad are. That is being ‘judgmental,’ taking sides, and that kind of (simplistic) thinking went out with Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan and Kathryn Hepburn and John Wayne and, well, the original ‘Battlestar Galactica.’

One thing is certain. In the new un-imagined, re-imagined world of "Battlestar Galactica" everything is female driven. The male characters, from Adama on down, are confused, weak and wracked with indecision, while the female characters are decisive, bold, angry as hell, puffing cigars (gasp!) and not about to take it any more.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/uncategorized/the-original-st/

You want to see an Alpha male? Watch the Flintstones, All in the family or Married With Children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qw86DsdZ0

Boom to the moon alice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFqONToBjyM

Hey Riiiiiicky!

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rick acts like a ponce most of the time but he is still a character I support, but of course I like Tyreese's sister whatever her name is.. Zombie Nation is a cooler show though and it stars the Operator from Matrix 2 and 3, well for the first episode at least until..

Dritan

Reaction score
I've seen the first four seasons. Rick is basically the audience. He's the everyman they can relate to. That said, he starts off as a complete pvssy.

Laurie Holden's character was interesting to me. She was very much like a real woman would be. She fell for a jerk and ultimately paid the price for it.

This show seems somewhat immune from political correctness, but I did hear that they are going to turn Daryl Dixon into a gay man to satisfy the homos.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cloudtopsun2100 said:
Rick acts like a ponce most of the time but he is still a character I support, but of course I like Tyreese's sister whatever her name is.. Zombie Nation is a cooler show though and it stars the Operator from Matrix 2 and 3, well for the first episode at least until..
You mean Sasha. She's a good character. She's too emotional though, despite being tough. Its not terrible...but we've seen how she's acted during the series when faced with strife regarding Tyreese or Bob. She's also gullible and too trusting when it comes to people's personal stories...if episode 7 of this season taught us anything.

Anyways, Rick is a good character...but he's emotionally unstable. But he's been through hell and back. He's had a best friend stab him in the back, had his wife betray him, he's trying to raise and protect his son, and he almost lost his infant daughter.

Id say the two strongest and toughest characters in the show are Carol and Daryl. Carol is a beast and has shown she can survive on her own. And Daryl is just the stoic silent type usually. They are both bad ass and loyal. And they dont let emotions cause them to do exceedingly dumb things.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
watched the first episode, saw they were going with the love triangle cheating wh0re justifiable b/c "lonely" angle and never watched another episode again.
Lol, that storyline is long since dead. Literally.