Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How often does your wife compliment you?

Old Player

Reaction score
My wife never compliments me on anything.

Never tells me I look good

Never tells me I am a great dad

I do a podcast and never once said good job.

Never ever compliments me on anything

Is this normal?

jc_80

Don Juan
Reaction score
did she ever compliment you in the beginning?
do you compliment her?

I was married once. she complimented me often.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you need someone to praise you? Its not like you are a little boy who needs to be told he is good. (The only exception is after a good f****** session where she should thank you for a great time).

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound like my ex-wife. "I vacuumed the carpet today. How come you don't notice when I clean up???"

The correct answer is "It needs to be done. Vacuum it because it's dirty, not because you need praise from me."

Never tells me I look good

Never tells me I am a great dad

I do a podcast and never once said good job.
You should be doing all that 5hit for your own satisfaction. Your kid will give you feedback if you're a great dad. Your listeners will give you feedback if they like your podcasts. Use all of that to gauge what kind of a job your doing. As for looking good, you should do that because a well-kempt man is a quality man.

Outlaw_

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is one of the Five Love Languages. It's a book...you should all check it out. The love language that it is, is "Words of Affirmation". This is how we feel loved by our significant other. If you don't get it, then you simply don't feel like they love you.

Some of you can call it LSE, and I'm sure that has something to do with it. But it's bigger than simply LSE.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I for one appreciate being complimented and hearing when I do a good job. I also appreciate expressions of gratitude when I do something nice or helpful. I think it's just common courtesy and conveys respect.

That being said, Chris Rock says:
http://youtu.be/LaPHPQt91w8

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Old Player said:
Never ever compliments me on anything

Is this normal?
Never, ever? No, I don't think that's normal. She should at least tell you smell nice once in awhile or something.

How often does your wife compliment you?
I think the correct answer to this is "About twice as much as I compliment her". Or something like that.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Your problem is confusion between commendation and supplication. They're not interchangeable.

My wife and I compliment and thank each other multiple times daily. Not because we have the expectation of it, but because we appreciate what we do for each other. If your goal is incessant clamoring for your wife's un-ending attention; you won't find it by begging her for her graces.

Do something because you take pride in it. "You swept the floor and mopped it too!", "Oh joy!" Big fvckin' deal. You should want to keep floors clean, and your area tidy and uniform. This is a portrayal of your character.

Live as such.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend compliments me daily. Looks, advice, attributes, etc.

And I thank her multiple times daily for all the help she gives me. Laundry, cleaning, errands, everything.

I used to date a girl who almost never had anything positive to say about me. After a while I started to wonder why the fvck she was with me, and more importantly why the fvck was I with her.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ltr compliments me, but not often. She is pretty insecure and I think this has something to do with it. Its not a big deal to me. I know I'm all that and she does too!!! ;-)

Props to the poster that mentioned the 5 love languages. If compliments are what makes you thrive in a relationship, then certainly find a girl that meets your standards in that area.

jc_80

Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Most compliments from women have an ulterior motive, you're not really missing out. Date an ego-boosting HPD or BPD then come crying to me about compliments haha...pride certainly came before the fall there.
I've found this to be true depending on the compliment. My wife would give me genuine compliments about who I was, what I was doing, my accomplishments, my goals, how I thought...
My last ex always said I was amazing, sexy, and repeatedly said she missed me. After a while it got old as there was no substance to it. I would ask what's so amazing about me. She would say, " well, you're patient with me, you listen to me, I see a future with you, there's always something to talk about". I started realizing she didn't really get to know me and didn't ask questions to learn about me.
Just said things to flatter me and give me hope while she figured out what she really wanted.
OP isn't wanting a self esteem boost. He wants to know his dedication and efforts are appreciated. That's what I like to know in a relationship. Don't say I'm amazing if you can't back it up with some substantive analysis of who I am and what I do.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My GF flat out refuses to compliment me. Like it would cause her eyes to bleed if she ever said anything that might make me happy.
And she's not the first GF to act that way. I don't seek validation or affirmation from her but it would be nice if she did it at least occasionally.
Saying that, I don't think I'll be keeping her around much longer.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No compliments are a red flag. Compliments convey love and appreciation. If not then she talks to you the same as a guy friend, compliments, touching, affection and appreciation are what makes a relationship a relationship.

I do see and realize that girls compliment men less than we do them..It is just the way they are built with insecurity and being competitive.

Though she should be giving them consistently from time to time.

I dont expect to be praised, ever, but i do expect to be appreciated and that can be conveyed not just through words but actions.

If i dont feel appreciated then i bail.