Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women your motivation?

Rival

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread like this but just curious how many of you either started working out or still workout due to some issue with women

Maybe a bad breakup/getting rejected a lot/something similar

Personally I started working out really hard after the end of a LTR. My mindset was I want to look better than any new guy she has/had. Eventually I started working out for myself but she sure was my starting motvation haha

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. Never was, never will be. Training religiously keeps me disciplined in all other aspects of life. I'm not talking about simply going to the gym to do a couple sets for the aesthetic muscles, chit chat around and try to pick up chicks. I'm talking about putting in blood and sweat to reach a goal. Have a purpose.

Of course a by-product of training hard is looking good though, and it's nice.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stand by TheStig's comment. The gym forges an iron will, discipline and determination to keep going through pain. If you incorporate external motives into your plan, it will shatter eventually. Why? Because if you do it for women, you will get to a point where you are exhausted, dizzy and in pain that you will not hesitate to quit. This is done because you don't have it in you that you really want to be doing this. Women become a smokescreen that will eventually subside and you won't want to be doing it anymore. If you do it for YOURSELF, you will fight back the tears, the sweat in your eyes blinding you and the excruciating pain eating away at you. If you quit, you will only have yourself to blame. No one else.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a great post ^

I also agree with Tictac..

Women are a huge reason for many guys to get into the gym, and that's all well and good, because they're getting into the gym at all.

However, if one is to have any longevity in the gym, and reap the full benefits of training, at some point there has to be a change of mentality from doing it for women to doing for yourself.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women/self goals are still very overlapping in my mind. Wanting to like what you see in the mirror sounds like a goal for one's self, but you want to like what you see at least in part because you know it is what everyone else sees too, including women. Inherent within your own self-image is your concept of how everyone else sees you.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they are my MAIN motivation, but they are definitely A motivation.

Everytime I jump on the rowing machine, I overlook a river. On the other side, are a bunch of huge, affluent houses. With every calorie burned on that rower, I envision myself there. I envision myself in one of those houses, wealthy, successful, fit, healthy...eventually.

But part of it is also because the way I look and I feel now versus 5 years ago is so different and it's helped me attract better women and lay better women. So I can't lie and say that everytime I'm lifting heavier, there isn't the reminder of a plate who loves to see me shirtless.

Make women a factor, not the deciding factor and it'll help.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone has their own reasons, I do it for my own personal reasons, but not necessarily for women. I'd rather have a woman like me for who I am, not for my muscles..

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Performance in the gym and performance in the bedroom go hand in hand as they are controlled by the same hormone. Becoming a beast in the gym means you also become a beast in the bedroom.

And there is definitely a shortage of guys who can bang a woman properly these days

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was bullied for years on end as a kid and it made that period of my life a living waking hell that I just wanted to die from!

When I turned 18 I left for Uni and felt like I was reborn as I was finally moving away from my bullies to a place where no one knew me. It truly was like rebirth and I swore I'd never be bullied again and I've built the physical strength and muscle to make it so. Not to mention the mental strength.

I saw my main bully again recently and he realised his days of bullying me were long gone, he suddenly wanted to be all friendly and everything and I wasn't remotely scared of him anymore. I know these days I could take down all of those that ruined my school years and left such a long lasting effect on me.

That is strong gym motivation.

Since then I've developed other motivations like health and fitness, and yeah attracting women has been a very pleasant effect!!

My standing up all day job made my knee joints and lower back hurt so I did some research and found out that deadlifts and squats increased bone strength/density so I started doing them and now I feel none of the knee and back pain that I once did.

And my performance in all my sports has sky rocketed thanks to my gym efforts.

So many motivations for me there.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out physically is one of the essential parts of total human development. Why do humans want to develop themselves? Therein lies your motivation.

Back when I was single, I worked out for the women. I cannot deny that. Nowadays, I work to keep my body feeling good and to avoid pain. That's my motivation.

Motivations change, but it all comes back to the first part of my post.

gideonrakthor

Reaction score
I am only around 60 days in, but I can say with confidence I am working out for myself now. At first, I began looking for approval but I see that my life Is going to be radically changed in the next few months and it has become part of me.