Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What if you smoked as much as Wiz Khalifa?

lpcullen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know the effects of such copious pot usage? I think that anyone can smoke marijuana as it is less harmful than cigarettes, but it certainly can't be healthy to smoke ounces to the head daily. Especially when he "only smokes joints". What do you guys think Wiz Khalifa is doing to his body?
Would you ever smoke like him given the chance? I can't lie, I probably would too if I was a multi-millionaire rap star. :yes:
No hate, just opinions please. :p

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The damage to his lungs is probably similar to what the damage would be to smoking cigarettes heavily. I don't know the science behind pot smoke vs tobacco smoke and their different specific health risks, but I do know that smoke is smoke. Every kind of smoke contains carcinogens.

He probably has no sort of physical stamina whatsoever, and his lungs are probably as black as a heavy cig smoker.

That is assuming he really smokes ounces daily, I don't know if he does or not.

So let's see..

One cigarette has a mass of about 0.9 grams.
0.9 g x 20 = 18 g for a pack of cigs

Let's say he smokes an oz a day. 1 ounce is equal to just over 28 grams. That means the volume of smoke going through his lungs is roughly equal to the volume of 1.5 packs of cigs per day. That cannot be good in any way. That has to be pretty bad for one's health. Not that he shouldn't do it, I don't care. I wouldn't tell him not to. If it's what he wants to do, and has the money, whatever.

I think the reason weed is mostly viewed as less harmful, is because most daily tokers don't have the same volume of smoke going into their bodies as, say, someone with a 1-2 pack a day cig habit. Smoking a few joints every day/couple of days is surely not as bad as constantly chiefing cigs all day.

It's like alcohol. Alcohol is perfectly safe in moderation, but there are still alcoholics who take it way too far. Weed is probably generally safe in small amounts, but ounce(s) per day is a whole different ballgame.

Just for the record, I don't partake, but I do think marijuana should be legal. I'm not all gung ho for it, it's more that I just don't care, and don't see it as evil.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lpcullen said:
Just out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know the effects of such copious pot usage? I think that anyone can smoke marijuana as it is less harmful than cigarettes, but it certainly can't be healthy to smoke ounces to the head daily. Especially when he "only smokes joints". What do you guys think Wiz Khalifa is doing to his body?
Would you ever smoke like him given the chance? I can't lie, I probably would too if I was a multi-millionaire rap star. :yes:
No hate, just opinions please. :p
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC100921/

"Current marijuana use had a negative effect on global IQ score only in subjects who smoked 5 or more joints per week. A negative effect was not observed among subjects who had previously been heavy users but were no longer using the substance. We conclude that marijuana does not have a long-term negative impact on global intelligence. Whether the absence of a residual marijuana effect would also be evident in more specific cognitive domains such as memory and attention remains to be ascertained."

http://www.neurology.org/content/59/9/1337.full <-- you need to pay to see this article or have an accredited library via your school, but here is the free version of the article hosted on a different site:

http://www.drugfree.org.au/fileadmin/Media/Reference/THC-NeurocognitiveDoseDeficits.pdf

"Abstract—Background: Although about 7 million people in the US population use marijuana at least weekly, there is a paucity of scientific data on persistent neurocognitive effects of marijuana use. Objective: To determine if neurocognitive deficits persist in 28-day abstinent heavy marijuana users and if these deficits are dose-related to the number of marijuana joints smoked per week. Methods: A battery of neurocognitive tests was given to 28-day abstinent heavy marijuana abusers. Results: As joints smoked per week increased, performance decreased on tests measuring memory, executive functioning, psychomotor speed, and manual dexterity. When dividing the group into light, middle, and heavy user groups, the heavy group performed significantly below the light group on 5 of 35 measures and the size of the effect ranged from 3.00 to 4.20 SD units. Duration of use had little effect on neurocognitive performance. Conclusions: Very heavy use of marijuana is associated with persistent decrements in neurocognitive performance even after 28 days of abstinence. It is unclear if these decrements will resolve with continued abstinence or become progressively worse with continued heavy marijuana use."

Basically a lot of studies point to HEAVY marijuana usage leads to drops in IQ and other mental measurements. Scientists generally are not completely sure if these are permanent or only short term, but they generally agree that it least lowers cognitive performance while you are a heavy user.

I think like many things in life, moderation is key. Taking mind/perception altering substances on a daily basis and several times a day cannot be good for you.

lpcullen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never took under consideration how a joint is hardly different from a cigarette. I like how you took the math under account. That is definitely a whole lot of weed smoke. Anyways, I'm still perplexed by one thing... Why does every scientific study involve the smoking of a joint? There are many more effective ways to gauge the effects of marijuana usage. Just my 2 cents.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lpcullen said:
I never took under consideration how a joint is hardly different from a cigarette. I like how you took the math under account. That is definitely a whole lot of weed smoke. Anyways, I'm still perplexed by one thing... Why does every scientific study involve the smoking of a joint? There are many more effective ways to gauge the effects of marijuana usage. Just my 2 cents.
Well for one, the OP is talking about Wiz Khalifa specifically, and he only smokes joints. And I wasn't taking the psychological effects of usage into account.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The tobacco plant is radioactive, because it absorbs so much phosphorous from the soil as it grows. That's why it causes cancer. It has nothing to do with tar or the other 1,001 carcinogens claimed to be in it. The tobacco companies knew this as early as the 1950's.

Most of the mma fighters I knew smoked weed, but I can only think of seeing one or two smoke cigarettes, and those two guys sucked. The fighters were too broke to smoke pot constantly, but I never saw any evidence of it making cardio suffer. The UFC stills calls weed a "performance enhancing drug." Ironically, it kind of can be in a fight, because anything that relaxes you is beneficial.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Look at Wiz Khalifah and ask yourself if he's a healthy person.