Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Art of Seduction Book Study

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok everyone here is the official thread for the book study. We will start with the Art of Seducation and work chapter by chapter to analyze the content and it's real world application.

We will post our thoughts and experience on each chapter. When the majority of those involved in the study feel it is time to move on, we will then go onto the next chapter and so forth.

I think we can learn a lot from studying these great works.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Siren

I would like everyone to read up to and through this part (this includes the preface and short writing before it)

Everyone post your thoughts when you are ready.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I might bite on this once I can get my hands on the book.

ramesses

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read this the other day, surely the siren method of seduction is aimed at women seducing men not the other way around so much.

From what i've read so far from this book for some examples he could be leading in the wrong way in that for instance he will say a guy (1) who has A and B attributes is a " " seducer type and another guy (2) who has X and Y attributes is another seducer type; when infact both mens characters display things like confidence and that they are not afraid to show their desire for sex.

So it is possible the attributes he is giving as examples are false or don't mean alot and that there is other crossover reasons why they become good seducers. Although there is some really good examples of the mechanics and psychology of attraction, desire and social proof in the book, and through story telling it makes it easy to understand and get in to.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Ok everyone here is the official thread for the book study. We will start with the Art of Seducation and work chapter by chapter to analyze the content and it's real world application.

We will post our thoughts and experience on each chapter. When the majority of those involved in the study feel it is time to move on, we will then go onto the next chapter and so forth.

I think we can learn a lot from studying these great works.

haha, nerd alert.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSplat = Anti-Seducer?

Haha I just ordered the book and I should get it in a short while. Maybe we could use a chatroom instead though, the forum is slow.

Bigg Boss

Don Juan
Reaction score
kinda funny, I just picked up the book today and decided to search the forum and see if yall have spoke on it already.

I've read through the preface. This book seems extremely interesting.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah man, the books awesome. It really opens your eyes to alot of things. But doing a book "study" over the internet is a little different story. Just read the motherf*cker. It's not hard to understand.

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Siren chapter is probably about the least useful because it's a seduction technique for sexy women to use on us, and we already know how that works.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, for us the Siren chapter is about recognizing what we are dealing with. If the siren is supposed to be the Achilles Heel of men then we must recognize these qualities in them to avoid "drowning" as Greene says.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This book is extremely enlightening. It's amazing how it changes your perceptions of people and relationships. I've seen myself through the eyes of a seducer and noted my weaknesses and strengths. I wouldn't say it's an easy read for those who aren't already in tune with their inner-self, as they wouldn't let themselves develop the idea that they have in fact been seduced or have been in the past. People spend a lifetime repressing their drives for things they do not have. But a seducer is a way for them to let go of that and finally get what they long for. If it's luxury, excitement, fame, attention, or escape, it's up to the seducer to be the one to fill their void.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets start with the preface

I feel Robert Greene is accurate in that times are obviously different than from a long time ago when men would just take the women they wanted by force. With all the laws and equal rights that are in place seduction is key to acheiving romance with the opposite sex.

The author basically aludes to the fact that everything in life is a seduction. Whenever you want to get your way either romantically or just in general you must seduce your victim. He backs up his points so I guess this is a valid argument for looking at things even though I feel its a negative way.

He is right on the money when he says that you must seduce your victim's mind and then you get to their body. This is certainly the object in seduction as we DJ's are trying to seduce the girl we are enthralled with mentally. I think all to often we over analyze the situation and this leads to hesitancy.

I love the point he makes about how we often see love and romance as something sacred and use it as an excuse to believe everything should magically fall into place. He is saying that seduction takes effort. Furthermore he goes on to say that a seductor does not concern himself with morals and those that are moralists are envious of the seductors success.

Moving on to the Siren Chapter; yes this is a chapter for a female who wishes to seduce a man. There is no question that sex symbols like Cleopatra and Marilyn Monroe are desireable in their manner in which they carry themselves.

I would like to relate this book to how things are in today's society. This chapter to me describes how man fall in love with girls who play games, yet are very physically agressive.

Anyone who has had a girl be all over them one day, and then start acting cold the next day can attest to this.

I feel this is a tactic we as men are encouraged to use as well.

At least this lets us understand our fascination with girls who play games especially those which might be considered slutty.

I know I won't marry a girl like this but I've seen countless other men fall for this trap. Hence the chapter makes sense.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, Jayer beat me to kicking this sh!t off properly, good job

Preface:
Seducers are people who understand the tremendous power contained in (such) moments of surrender. They analyze what happens when people are in love...
This quote really sticks out to me. Seduction first and foremost is about observation and experience, an art and a science at the same time. Like Michael Jordan in high school, sometimes it is okay to sit on the proverbial bench and appreciate how things work and how you can be more efficient and creative. That does not mean that you should read the whole site or try and learn everything physically possible before going into the field, but rather that you should not be expecting results and should be more attentive then ever in the beginning.

Therefore one thing that the seducer should understand is people in relation to love: how they look when they are in love, compared to lust and also liking. Also, what mistakes people make when they are deep in love (one-itis, insecurity, etc and how we can capitalize off it) what you can get away with at what stages and when to reel back because you are pushing too hard

A seducer does not turn the power off and on - every social and personal interaction is seen as a potential seduction. There is never a moment to waste
A seducer is the prototypical hustler, always looking for a chance to capitalize and better himself. There is a guy @ my job who never turns it off. He always is chatting someone up, whether it is the waiting staff at the restaurant or the people who are at the bar, from entertaining the hot lesbian couple to buying shots for the vacationing 50 year old overweight ladies. You have to stay ready 24/7 and treat everyone equally. As a result you get social proof, looking like the life of the party and are more likely tobe in a good mood with your array of friends and invaluable ability to get friends in a heartbeat.

Seducers are never self absorbed. Their gaze is directed out-wards not inward. When they meet someone, their first move is to get inside that person's skin, to see the world through their eyes.
KEY POINT RIGHT HERE
You, as a person, do not factor into the equation. The only thing that matters is how you read your target, and how effectively you act on it. Seduction is fluidity, manipulating your appearance to help manipulate the target, highlighting what the target desires and hiding what is detrimental. It relates to another thing said in the book, that seducers "can be anyone and can assume many roles"

And also in repsonse to "Seducer are completly ammoral in their approach to life." I have to quote Nietzsche who was no doubt an influence (he is in the page notes on both sides of the page where that amoral quote is)

Friedrich Nietzsche said:
My demand upon the philosopher is known, that he take his stand beyond good and evil and leave the illusion of moral judgment beneath himself. This demand follows from an insight which I was the first to formulate: that there are altogether no moral facts.

and finally, to sum it up. Something that really got me pumped:
...resistance to us is a way of saying, please seduce me

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump. I've been reading the seducer type chapters one by one. Has anyone got to the second half of the book yet?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good analysis MF!

"Seducers are people who understand the tremendous power contained in (such) moments of surrender. They analyze what happens when people are in love... "

This is good however I think love is something that is subjective. Is love really something thats magical or is it just high infatution? I'd be curious to hear your opinion on this.

"A seducer is the prototypical hustler, always looking for a chance to capitalize and better himself. There is a guy @ my job who never turns it off. He always is chatting someone up, whether it is the waiting staff at the restaurant or the people who are at the bar, from entertaining the hot lesbian couple to buying shots for the vacationing 50 year old overweight ladies. You have to stay ready 24/7 and treat everyone equally. As a result you get social proof, looking like the life of the party and are more likely tobe in a good mood with your array of friends and invaluable ability to get friends in a heartbeat."

I think people that are outgoing do get more girls but I don't know if you necesarily have to be all the time. If you can know when to turn it on you can get who you want Still I think at the very least its good practice to be as socialable as possible.

"Seducers are never self absorbed. Their gaze is directed out-wards not inward. When they meet someone, their first move is to get inside that person's skin, to see the world through their eyes. "

Here is where some of the contradictory stuff comes in. If the whole ide ais to mirror someone else wouldn't you lose your self identity which is critical to confidence?

Nice quote by Nietzche. So morals play no part?

Create Reality

We are starting by analyzing each chapter and will move on when the majority is in agreement per the direx.

I'd like to see some more comments as we had quite a few participants agree to the study.