Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fitness standards

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I weigh 140, my max bench is 150, and I did 2 squats at 145. Is that pretty good?

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't comfortable doing them. I had no power rack. I know I could do more reps. I had someone put the weight on my back. I was just wondering how many reps would be good at that weight.

Nik TPT

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's kind of strange that your bench is higher than your squat.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
your squat should be higher than your bench

but good work doing squats. lot of guys wont do them.

and as for the weigh, pushing your body weight is pretty standard, twice your weight should be your goal. I'm not there yet with bench, but with squats and deads I am.

speaking of, squats, deads, and bench should be the main portion of your routine.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
generally aim for x2 your bodyweight for squats/deads and something like 1.5 for your benches.

That said I'm 5'8 @ 75kg. My bench is 100kg, squat 140kg and dead 180kg. Kind of all over the place.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe there has to be a "standard". Everyone has different levels of strength. I'd just find a weight that is comfortable for you and work your way up.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get it.

When I was 17, a friend lied about my age and helped me get a job in construction. I regularly picked up 100 kilo barrels, ran a jack hammer all day, and so on. Even as a skinny kid of 137 pounds, I regularly shoveled a ton an hour, 10 hours a day.

I can't understand gym rats. Why would anyone pay to push around such damaging weight, with no socially-constructive purpose behind it? I don't get it.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Down Low said:
I don't get it.

When I was 17, a friend lied about my age and helped me get a job in construction. I regularly picked up 100 kilo barrels, ran a jack hammer all day, and so on. Even as a skinny kid of 137 pounds, I regularly shoveled a ton an hour, 10 hours a day.

I can't understand gym rats. Why would anyone pay to push around such damaging weight, with no socially-constructive purpose behind it? I don't get it.
I Think in your time Down Low, bodybuilding and weight lifting wasn't as popular as it is today. There are alot of benefits to weight training, as long as your training smart. I know what you mean by working hard on the job. Even my own mother wonders why I'd want to join a gym when, I can do push-ups or dumbell curls at home. But, I have my own personal goals that I cannot, really achieve on the job or at home.