Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

MGTOW and sex

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it possible to not get laid for years and not have it affect you psychologically? I remember almost going crazy a few months back when i had a 6+ month dry spell. When i finally started getting laid again i felt psychologically more healthy. If a guy goes MGTOW how is he going to get his sexual rocks off? Do men even need to have sex to be happy? I know its a want but is it actually a need?? You wont die if you dont have sex. The worst part of not having sex is that feeling of being undesirable, not the horniness....right.

I know of one young guy who does not care for women at all. The guy is extremely good looking and has p***y thrown at him. For some reason he is not bothered by not having sex. He does not even talk about chicks. He is actually more excited by his motorcycle and extreme sports and surfing etc. This makes me wonder if my current obsession with women necessary? What will happen if we cut out all sex from our lives. Maybe the American males high need for sexual gratification is more culturally influenced than we think.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went three years without sex.

The first year was hel l beucase i had to wing myself off of it. I was getting it often nough when I was 16-17.

By the time I was 19 I would **** a gremlin lol

But about the time I was 20 almost 21, i rally had just said **** it. I mean would I like to have sex, sure. But I stopped obsessing about it. Like when I was 18 I was like "okay i'm going to make this business work right now in the next 3 months so I can buy this and do this and start going out" then by the time I was almost 21 I was like "meh i'll get laid one day lol, not going to stress out about it".

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went almost two years, during my worst AFC period. College was winding down and thus so were drunken lays, but I hadn't yet adapted to Game. There were a few logistical factors at play but mostly it was my own ineptitude. The entire time, I wanted it.

It's a "need" but low on the hierarchy compared with survival needs. Obviously you can live without it, but it's no way to live in my opinion.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a fine line between not being able to get any (or think you can't get any) and pretending to "GYOW" and being able to get some and choosing not to.

If you're worried about any psychological effects, simply flirt with girls, talk to girls to the point where you feel you could close if you wanted to, then eject.

That will do a LOT to kill any psychological issues of "not being wanted."

On the other hand, if you really can't get any, but you pretend you can, and you think you're some kind of MGTOW superhero, you WILL feel a psychological effect, since deep down, you KNOW you can't get any.

I suspect most MGTOW is really a case of guys too scared or lazy to do what it takes and convincing themselves that's not the case.

Flirting with waitresses, girls in bookshops, girls ANYWHERE and getting positive feedback so you "feel wanted" won't cost you any more time or money than you are already spending.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MTGTOW doesn't mean monk, some of us may have got the impression that most MTGTOWs are guys who are really unappealing and have let themselves to or are bitter older guys. Many of us use hookers to get off and in many ways MTGTOW is a form of game itself that denounces pandering to the *****. If you go through enough of the information from various MTGTOWs there is an elemant of wisedom and applicable stuff that is a lot more useful than game. Ray Gordon refered to "MTGTOW as being the new form of game"

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MTGTOW doesn't mean monk, some of us may have got the impression that most MTGTOWs are guys who are really unappealing and have let themselves to or are bitter older guys. Many of us use hookers to get off and in many ways MTGTOW is a form of game itself that denounces pandering to the *****. If you go through enough of the information from various MTGTOWs there is an elemant of wisedom and applicable stuff that is a lot more useful than game. Ray Gordon refered to "MTGTOW as being the new form of game"

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

CrimsonPanther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
By the time I was 19 I would **** a gremlin lol
why the hate? gremlins are sexy beasts.:up:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
I just didn't give a $hit and ignored girls. The result was that they threw themselves at me.
Man, I would love to get in on some of this "I ignore girls and they throw themselves at me" action. Just doesn't work for me, not good looking enough I guess.

Danger said:
Point is, don't assume MGTOW means not having sex. It means making your life about yourself, living by your own rules and really not even getting married.

I consider myself a MGTOW because I push back on society's "program" for me. Doesn't mean I don't get laid whenever I want.

I'm no expert of MGTOW, but my impression of them is that they are fed up with either:

1) The hassle of dealing with misandry in society, and with the poor dating quality of women these days. Therefore they eschew the idea of getting married or even relationships. Or:

2) They are pretty low on the SMV scale, therefore they have trouble attracting females. Because of this, rather than play a game they don't have a strong hand in, they have decided to invest their energy elsewhere.

In either case they have decided to live thier lives with and for themselves rather than spend time on women. That doesn't mean they never get laid, but I don't see as being big time DJs either, unless maybe it just comes to them without any effort. I wouldn't consider myself a MGTOW.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Status and confidence mate. Status and confidence make it work. I am no "hottie" and probably a 7 at best on the scale.
I think I have status and confidence, but if I ignore girls, they just ignore me back. I get a lot of eye contact but they don't initiate. They respond well to me when I initiate, and when I invite them out I have a good success rate. But I have to be friendly with them before they will show interest. Ignoring them gets me nowhere, and I ignore a lot of women. Maybe you're selling yourself short looks-wise. Or maybe I just don't hang around in enough places where alcohol is available.

Danger said:
Now this is just someone taking their vice into a virtue, so they aren't really MGTOW. They have no choice and they are just fooling themselves.
I do think a lot of them have little choice - maybe not no choice, but little choice. They realize this is something they are not good at so they have decided to put their energies elsewhere. I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily. I think they deserve some credit for thinking creatively.

Bottom line, MGTOW is the natural refuge for these guys. I thnk they should welcome them with open arms.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless your status is Kennedy- or Clooney-level, you have to give a little bit of a shyt to get action. Simply ignoring women 100% or not caring at all leads to a sexual desert for most men. A DJ knows better how to "ignore" and be "indifferent" while still sending signals and pushing buttons.

Sexless men who claim they don't care, however, are simply indulging the Male Hamster. (I'm sure not all MGTOWs are sexless, but there's some overlap.) It's just as easy for a bitter omega to claim he's happy without sex as it is a bitter wrinkled harridan to say the same about her lack of companionship.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
samspade said:
Unless your status is Kennedy- or Clooney-level, you have to give a little bit of a shyt to get action. Simply ignoring women 100% or not caring at all leads to a sexual desert for most men. A DJ knows better how to "ignore" and be "indifferent" while still sending signals and pushing buttons.

Yes. That's why I laugh at the Tom L ey kis advice to sit at the bar alone and ignore women and they will approach you lol. If you are a famous radio or TV celebrity or you're good looking, it works well. It won't work for most guys though.

Sexless men who claim they don't care, however, are simply indulging the Male Hamster. (I'm sure not all MGTOWs are sexless, but there's some overlap.) It's just as easy for a bitter omega to claim he's happy without sex as it is a bitter wrinkled harridan to say the same about her lack of companionship.
It's a compromise. No doubt that the guy sexless guy may well be unhappy. But perhaps he's LESS unhappy than when he was beating his head against wall chasing women that wanted nothing to do with him and wasting money on pickup products lol. I guess you could call it "cutting your losses."

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I think I have status and confidence, but if I ignore girls, they just ignore me back. I get a lot of eye contact but they don't initiate. They respond well to me when I initiate, and when I invite them out I have a good success rate. But I have to be friendly with them before they will show interest. Ignoring them gets me nowhere, and I ignore a lot of women. Maybe you're selling yourself short looks-wise. Or maybe I just don't hang around in enough places where alcohol is available.
That's been my experience too, especially since my teens and early 20's. Back then very occasionally a female would show me some subtle, tentative interest. I really only realize it in hindsight.

But ignoring women wouldn't accomplish squat for me. How does ignoring someone (woman) who is ignoring you going to accomplish anything lol.

That said, I can still pick up girls sometimes but the numbers game herculean effort and having to lower my standards makes it very inefficient and unrewarding.

Also, I do think sex and spending some time with women is a mental health issue for most men. True you want die in the short term, but there's a lot of things that might not kill you that society would deem unacceptable-off the top of my head pollution, harassment, (supposedly) racism/sexism/discrimination. One could easily argue that for men having a mate or sex is a "human rights" issue as much as I hate how that term is used today.

Mike32ct said:
It's a compromise. No doubt that the guy sexless guy may well be unhappy. But perhaps he's LESS unhappy than when he was beating his head against wall chasing women that wanted nothing to do with him and wasting money on pickup products lol. I guess you could call it "cutting your losses."
Well stated. But what gets me about some of these MGTOW is they act like almost it's what they really wanted anyway or that giving up was really much of a choice. And worst of all, they act like it's the best solution to "teach women a lesson" and the best way to counter feminism. The reality is they won't be missed by women and they're not putting a scratch in feminism. Women and society don't want them and don't want them to reproduce. They're just doing what the misandrist society wants them to do-fade powerlessly/silently into the background. I sometimes wonder if MGTOW isn't as much as con job on men to "disarm" them than intended to help.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pandora said:
I know of one young guy who does not care for women at all. The guy is extremely good looking and has p***y thrown at him. For some reason he is not bothered by not having sex. He does not even talk about chicks. He is actually more excited by his motorcycle and extreme sports and surfing etc. This makes me wonder if my current obsession with women necessary? What will happen if we cut out all sex from our lives. Maybe the American males high need for sexual gratification is more culturally influenced than we think.
Just because he's not talking about sex doesn't mean he's not having any. Personally, I don't usually talk about sex either. Sex is something you do, not something you talk about it. I guess I just don't find it an interesting conversation piece.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
Well stated. But what gets me about some of these MGTOW is they act like almost it's what they really wanted anyway or that giving up was really much of a choice. And worst of all, they act like it's the best solution to "teach women a lesson" and the best way to counter feminism. The reality is they won't be missed by women and they're not putting a scratch in feminism. Women and society don't want them and don't want them to reproduce. They're just doing what the misandrist society wants them to do-fade powerlessly/silently into the background. I sometimes wonder if MGTOW isn't as much as con job on men to "disarm" them than intended to help.
Very true. Women won't be affected by these guys ignoring them or dropping out of the dating scene. Women actually WANT lots of men to give up. They just want a workplace, bar, restaurant, classroom, etc. full of top 10 percenter guys.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
I don't mean ignoring girls you have never met. I get the same results for that as you.

I mean social dynamics ignoring. Meaning, in a social group, be the fun high-status guy who interacts with everyone except for the hot-girl.

It's sort of a "Freezing Out" from "The Game". It has never failed to generate attraction for me from the girl in question.
You never even talk to them at all? I've done this, being high energy with everyone else and ignoring the hot girl. It might have given off an impression of high value, but I can't say it's ever actually gotten me anywhere.

I've had more success in social circle where I would be friendly with the hot girl, maybe having some good or deep conversations with her, but showing her no romantic interest whatsoever. Meanwhile, every other guy is hitting on her, and she wonders why I'm not interested. Girls seem to need to get a taste of my personality to get attracted. But even this works best with attention hos.

Mike32ct said:
No doubt that the guy sexless guy may well be unhappy. But perhaps he's LESS unhappy than when he was beating his head against wall chasing women that wanted nothing to do with him and wasting money on pickup products lol.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Why should the guy beat his head against the wall trying to succeed at something he's never really going to be good at? And like you and some others say, it does women and society the favor of removing the losers from the dating pool so they don't have to be bothered by them. But if MGTOW doesn't take these guys in, who will?

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Very true. Women won't be affected by these guys ignoring them or dropping out of the dating scene. Women actually WANT lots of men to give up. They just want a workplace, bar, restaurant, classroom, etc. full of top 10 percenter guys.
I don't know about that. Women need attention and validation like a fish needs water. And for most women, that attention and validation sure as hell does not come from the "10 percenter" guys. At the end of the day, average chicks end up with average guys 99% of the time. Some people here like to pretend that even an average looking girl can date or at least regularly have sex with a hot guy, but from my experience, that is simply not consistent with reality.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
I don't know about that. Women need attention and validation like a fish needs water. And for most women, that attention and validation sure as hell does not come from the "10 percenter" guys. At the end of the day, average chicks end up with average guys 99% of the time. Some people here like to pretend that even an average looking girl can date or at least regularly have sex with a hot guy, but from my experience, that is simply not consistent with reality.
Women will take attention and validation from an average guy as a "fill in" or "time waster" or "consolation prize." But I still don't think it is what they REALLY want.

I actually think women's need for attention and validation from average guys is overstated. I think she would rather struggle to get crumbs of attention from a handsome guy than lots of attention from several average guys. But she takes the attention from the average and lower guys because it keeps getting thrown at her. She would prefer $100 bills be thrown at her, but if the piles of $5s are thrown at her instead, she will grab some because they are there.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm MGTOW, or not, BUT the train is going this way, you want to ride it, you'd better catch up..... SO, any woman thinking she can order me around, well, that's not the direction this train is going.....get off

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
That said, I can still pick up girls sometimes but the numbers game herculean effort and having to lower my standards makes it very inefficient and unrewarding.
Exactly bro. Its a part time job to get laid today. It takes enormous amounts of effort. There is no middle ground. Getting laid either takes over you life or you will get nothing. If you halfway with it you wont get anything. But the effort needed to get laid could be used to better society or sumthing lol