Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: date night fail

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A while back I bought tickets to see the Houston Symphony orchestra do a Led Zeppelin tribute. I am a huge Zeppelin fan.

All of my main plates were unavailable so I took this chick that I went out with once back in May and still talk to from time to time. She is an educator that works with disabled kids and is funny and has a quirky personality. She is hot enough to be doable.

So I get to her place to pick her up and ask to use the bathroom and saw red flag #1: messy apartment, messy kitchen. Then I learn that she has a roommate that sleeps on the couch. And a dog that pisses on the floor. I thought to myself that if I was going to fvck this chick I was getting a hotel cuz no way I was getting in that bed.

I was disappointed in how she was dressed. Pants and a flowery shirt that made her look old.

At the show she talked way to much. I had to tell her twice to be quiet. I also took her phone out of her hands and put it in my pocket because she was on it during the performance. She apologized but I kept it the rest of the night.

After the performance we had made plans to go to dinner and I should have bailed before the restraunt but for some reason I felt guilty for being so annoyed with her that I didn't.

Dinner was more of the verbal diarrhea. I learned all about her ADD and work problems. When she would start going Oprah on me I would change the subject but it was no help. And to too it off, the place was pricey and I was drinking doubles to numb my mind. Two different times she said "you're not talking to now I am going to be quiet now" and I would just smile. That would last about 10 seconds til the word vomit was back.

What's sad is I really don't think she has a clue how annoying she is. I be it effects all areas of her life.

I know it was the old AFC nice guy in me that didn't end the date right after the show and saved the $200 dinner for a hooker or something. But it was a good reminder that I still hah work to do.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see this as a fail. I like the move of taking her cell and putting it in your pocket. You also showed great DISINTEREST because of her obnoxiousness. She didn't get the hint. You didn't act like a wuss or lower yourself to try to get the lay. As for the dinner, who cares? Maybe you were hungry and needed a drink. As long as you're not bankrupting yourself it's fine, though ideally you should have dropped her off at home, then had a nice quiet dinner alone. (And maybe talked to some other chick at the bar.) Otherwise - don't beat yourself up.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like the date was a bomb, but you handled it well, and should still be considered a victory. They can't all be awesome dates. Sucks to waste time and money, but it sounds like you retained your pride and frame.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some guy, somewhere has oneitis for that chick. Just be happy it isn't you.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Albatross953 said:
Some guy, somewhere has oneitis for that chick. Just be happy it isn't you.
haha! So true.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You gotta take a flyer every now and then, and this one didn't pan out. One of the next two will. The wisdom is in knowing that you don't have to put up with this kind of behavior and can do better than lower quality women because you have proven it to yourself. My rule of thumb is not to take unknown quantity women on expensive things, but I have broken it in the past, and will again.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTU said:
I know it was the old AFC nice guy in me that didn't end the date right after the show
Compassion isn't AFC. Especially for a master of the universe.

Chalk it up as part of the adventure! I mean, you typed it, it's done, have a laugh at the past.

I will say, though, that hitting venues alone is FAR superior for a DJ than bringing along a potential coçkblock: your options stay open. It takes some bracing of the 'ol nerves, but, not only do you get to enjoy as much of the show as you please, but you have less bother if (when :cool:) you choose to enjoy the women at the show. You are free to interact with whomever suits your fancy without some harpy busting your beans, which, that freedom in itself, is enjoyable.

Perhaps a take-away is to not bring any "question marks" to future shows you want to enjoy: too much distraction. Plus, you are likely to find "like minded individuals" at venues that YOU want to see. You know, similar tastes and whatnot.

How was the show, anyway? I like some Zep, would you recommend these sort of orchestral tributes?

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I agree that the lesson learned here is to not take chicks I don't know well to stuff they can fvck up if they are not good company.

On the bright side, I had some good sea bass and scallops.

Albatross that's some funny sh!t and probably true. Repped.

Vulpine, the show was fantastic. Zeppelin music really lends itself to strings and winds and the performance was flawless. I understand that they are gong to do a Metallica show later this year - I'll go to that one too.

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really liked the field report anyway. Enjoyable read.

I know that sinking feeling when you meet a chick and she has made herself look unattractive (in this case with the flowery shirt and dirthole of an apartment). I've actually been on dates like that where I've wanted to bail in the first five minutes but haven't been ruthless enough to do it.

One date (coming from online) the chick turned out to be pretty damn fat. My brain was telling me to run away as fast as I could (it's not like she'd catch me) but my body froze. I ended up getting drunk and banging her anyway :cry:

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTU said:
Vulpine, the show was fantastic. Zeppelin music really lends itself to strings and winds and the performance was flawless. I understand that they are gong to do a Metallica show later this year - I'll go to that one too.
Thanks for the feedback. I suspected that I might enjoy a show like that; I've heard some Zeppelin and Pink Floyd mixed into some electronica and it did very well with that, too.