Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hove you made gains from using a dip belt?

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just used one for the first time today in my back workout.
I always do pull ups on my back day (and chin ups on my arm day).

On my last back workout I did 4 sets of bodyweight pull ups. Slow, good form and full range of motion (arms 95ish% locked out at the bottom) till failure.

set 1: 15
set 2: 10
set 3: 9
set 4: 8

So today I used a dip belt for the first time to add 10kg. I felt like a fool using it for the first time but hey ho.

I did 3 sets with the weight and the 4th set back to bodyweight.

set 1: 8
set 2: 5
set 3: 5
set 4: (bodyweight only) 9

I felt so light on that 4th set.

Do you think this will help make gains? Have you benefited from using them?
I will now add weight to my dips and chin ups as well.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, although from your profile photo you look heavier than me so you are probably doing more work in your pull ups. I'm 11.1 stone.

I just tried it with the dips, strapped a 10kg plate to myself for 3 sets of dips to failure and then 1 set of bodyweight dips to failure

set 1: 10 reps
set 2: 8 reps
set 3: 6 reps
set 4: (bodyweight only) 12 reps

Again, I felt as light as a balloon on the 4th set.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It helps tremendously. After awhile of working up through the weight on dips/pullups your own body will feel incredibly light by itself, as you've already noticed. Your upper body will feel stronger overall...because it will be.

I have made gains, too. My bench was at 285 lbs when I started up on weighted dips, and I'd do the dips with a 55 lb dumbbell for sets of whatever I could churn out. Three days ago I hit a 350 bench, and a few weeks ago I was able to do 1 dip with 170 lbs hanging from the belt.

As for weighted pullups, they carry over to so much. I've noticed they've helped my deadlift the most. Started weighted pullups with 35 or 40 lbs for a few reps, and I think I was deadlifting around 365ish. More recently, my best set of weighted dips was maybe 120 for 2 or 3, and I finally hit a 500 lb conventional deadlift.

This is all over the period of a little over a year.

The sh1t works man.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, definitely adding more weight to my lifts recently, especially squats and deadlifts. The last couple of weeks I've done those 2 with weights that would have seemed impossible for me when I first started. Feels good.

Just did my arm session which I kicked off with some weighted chin ups, 3 sets with the 10kg plate and the 4th set bodyweight

set1: 11 reps
set2: 8 reps
set3: 6 reps
bodyweight set: 8 reps

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell yeah...weighted dips/tri dips/pullups/chinups are some serious muscle builders and will help with other lifts

I'm up to 160 lbs for weighted chest dips, 135 lbs weighted tri dips, 100 lbs for weighted chinups(best bicep exercise bar nothing). Can't do weighted pullups due to forearm issue but I used to love them...

Any type of weighted bodyweight exercise is going to build muscle

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
Hell yeah...weighted dips/tri dips/pullups/chinups are some serious muscle builders and will help with other lifts

I'm up to 160 lbs for weighted chest dips, 135 lbs weighted tri dips, 100 lbs for weighted chinups(best bicep exercise bar nothing). Can't do weighted pullups due to forearm issue but I used to love them...

Any type of weighted bodyweight exercise is going to build muscle
I do chin ups (now with weight) at the start of every arm session. I'm just never sure if they are as good as say ez bar curls for building the biceps.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal_water said:
I do chin ups (now with weight) at the start of every arm session. I'm just never sure if they are as good as say ez bar curls for building the biceps.
How much weight are you lifting when doing a chinup versus how much you are lifting when curling an EZ Bar? End of discussion.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok from that point of view definitely but isn't that because the back muscles are taking on a lot of the work?

(Don't get me wrong, I do chin ups and curls to build those biceps and a few hammer curls if I have the energy left)