Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ask a guy who just had a vasectomy anything

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I got snipped last week. It's been something on the to-do list for a while now and I finally got around to it. I think the decision became clear when we realized we didn't want anymore "surprises" in our life since we're getting older and with young children you don't bounce back, so to speak, as fast from less sleep and rest as you do when you're younger.

These days, if you have any sort of typical insurance coverage, this procedure is covered under a regular office co-pay since any decent urologist can do this in his own office and procedure itself takes about 15 minutes. The doctor will give you a prescription for a pill to take ahead of time, valium or morphine or something, to sort of really relax you prior to the surgery.

My case was a little different.......

I know what's involved in the actual procedure. During my initial consultation with the guy, he described what he'd do in detail ranging from injecting something directly into my scrotum, then making a small incision to cut the tubes inside and then cauterize them. For me, just typing this out is a little painful for me to think of; while I was sitting in the doctor's office listening to this I was getting borderline light-headed with this sick feeling in my stomach...and I'd still be awake during all of this! I remembered I'd have the morphine or whatever to help out, but even still, if I started panicking and moving around because of it, I didn't picture this working out too well.

I let the doc know about my concerns, mainly stemming from anxiety I noticed that I'd developed since my early 20s about having needles in my arm such as drawing blood for tests or when they hook you up to donate blood. For some reason this still lingers with me today. The doctor then mentioned that he could arrange for this as an outpatient surgery with anesthesia...I jumped at the opportunity. The cost would be significantly more he told me...I replied this was no problem. I was actually in the unusual position of having a sizable chunk of money still sitting in my account to be used this year so this worked out great.

So on the day of the procedure I check in, meet everyone involved, get the IV inserted into my arm. Anesthesia doctor comes in gets things started. I start feeling pretty good immediately. I remember being wheeled into the operating room, moving to another table, then the next thing I know I'm opening my eyes in some recovery room. I was out for maybe 45 minutes. The entire day, while I was still in the recovery room, then subsequently went home there was no pain at all. I was given a jock strap and some hydrocodone to help with any pain so I took one that night.

The next day I stuck with the schedule of hydrocodone and it managed the pain quite well. The only real thing I could feel was this dull ache down there and I alternated a few hours of wearing the strap and then taking it off. One way or the other didn't really help it was more along the lines of alternating between two types of discomfort. I did have an ice pack but I actually didn't really need it.

I took the entire week off from work for this. I've read accounts of guys who are up and doing normal stuff a couple days after the procedure. I wanted to purposely avoid this because I did not want to take any chances of something going wrong and irreparably harming me. So I got to be lazy this entire time, mostly watching tv, playing video games, taking naps...practically leading the life of a senior citizen. It was a nice change actually.

One problem I did have was I've never taken hydrocodone before. I noticed on the second day that this stuff was starting to make me constipated so I immediately stopped using it and just decided to deal with any pain on my own. I took no other medications at all. It's now almost 1 week after the surgery and the only dull pain I occasionally feel seems like it's coming from the stitches they used. It sorta feels like when you get one of your testicles twisted a little to one side or the other.

I started noticing normal sexual desire on about the third day but absolutely no inclination to do anything about it due the constant dull ache down there. Maintaining an erection during that time was more challenging than normal. It's beginning to get back to normal now but I'd say I'm still not 100%...maybe 80% at best. The doctor tells me I need to ejaculate at least 20-30 times in the next couple of months in order to clear out any remaining sperm. Having had only one so far things look normal.

Sonic1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting...I have a consult for mine next week. I've heard mixed reviews from friends and each story is different. Some have absolutely no complications while others claim they were in extreme pain for days. I guess it is worth it for peace of mind though.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been dreaming of it since I was 22 LOL

Did you get it where they leave the ends of one side open? I forget the name.. and then there's one where they use clips? I did research a few years ago but forget it all now.

Cejay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great thread, here's my story.

I had one about 3 years ago (I was ~33).

I was awake for the whole thing, worst part was each nut getting frozen. Believe me that hurts! It didn't take very long, maybe 20 min tops.

I broke a lot of rules. I don't really sit still very well. After the procedure I had an ache which lasted for days.

On the way home I took my (now ex) wife out for lunch. We bought a dish washer which the sales guy and loaded into my truck.

Then I crashed for a bit and /tried/ to take it easy for the weekend. Had an ache all weekend, wasn't all that bad though. I had a prescription for Tylenol 3 with Codine. I think I only took one at bedtime the first day.

Monday was pretty sore and then was fine afterwards. Same for me, sexual desire returned in around 3 days.

The wife and I did not have any sexual contact for a few days as you are to abstain from ejaculating for a few days, plus you then can wait and get tested to ensure success.
I got tested and got the all clear around a week from the operation date.

As a now single guy its great to know that I can't get "oopsed." For some of the childfree women I've dated its been a major turn on.

CJ.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gearing up to get mine soon. Not 'excited' about it, but I will be glad to have it over with. Kinda like wisdom teeth.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be aware that in a small percentage of cases, it results in permanent pain. Yes, permanent pain to your balls...

Mine ached for months after, then finally stopped aching.

Let me tell you, that is not a pleasant experience to say the least.

-Augustus-

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cejay said:
As a now single guy its great to know that I can't get "oopsed." For some of the childfree women I've dated its been a major turn on.
I imagine the vast majority of women if they knew could get creampied without any resulting after effects would be all for it.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
noobolgy said:
Do you consider yourself a broke d1ck now? How does this effect your social circle, and your self esteem?
I have to say I'm perplexed and intrigued by those rather bizarre questions. :confused:

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Did you get it where they leave the ends of one side open? I forget the name.. and then there's one where they use clips? I did research a few years ago but forget it all now.
I got a combination of the both. It's like stripping the insulation off one side of a wire, cutting the wire, and then putting a clip on the remaining insulation.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just reading about the details made me sick.

Permanent ball pain, not worth the risk