Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting So Knumb

logicallefty

Reaction score
Over the past 7 days I have:

- Found out my daughter didn't get accepted into the school she really wants to go to, and I wanted her there too

- Found out my step dad has multiple spots on his liver that are likely cancer

- Found out I had to eat $400.00 to cancel the trip with my ex, but I still canceled it

- Found out the job I was hoping to get soon may not go through now

- Found out at my current job that the amount of evening and weekend calls I get will soon be doubling or more

- Caught someone I really cared about and respected talking behind my back, the last person I would have ever expected to do this

- I got my ex texting me all of her emotional goon babble about our past and why everything was my fault. I finally texted her back this same list above and told her that I really don't give a sh|t about her now so she needs to stop bothering me. She didn't.

The funny thing is, all this stuff, I am sitting here now and can honestly tell you guys that I don't even care about any of it. It's all bad news that I should be concerned about, but I have got to the point in my life that I pretty much expect some kind of bad news like this everyday.

I have got to the point where I take all of the positives of the day and focus on them, and the negatives, I just blow off.

I am just so knumb anymore, I have almost no emotion when it comes to bad news. It's like "ok whatever LIFE, if that's what you want to do to me today, go for it". Then I go focus on something good that happened.

Did anything good happen today? Let's see. On yeah a friend of mine who had dropped their phone in the toilet got a new one and called me to tell me. That's been the good news of my day so far.

Is my attitude healthy or a problem? Should I be more concerned?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are asking if you should be concerned? I ask you why?

be concerned will not change it will not make it better, can make it worse because you will get your head in overdrive worrying about something you can't change, everything you said is not on you, is 3rd part people, the most concerning here I could see is your job and your daughter, ex's? again the EX part means she is not your problem I don't know why you still don't just block her number or flat out read her msg says ha and delete it,

the new job don't come around? ok, so I will another, current job will make me work more? good how much more they will pay you? plus its till you land a new job with can't take longer, don't know how well liked your step dad is but not really your problem, you can help him out if you like him if not don't see the problem,

I would cancel and let the bill go to the ex not you to pay but I don't know how you deal with bussiness trying to push stupid taxes on you, a formal complain and trying to see if you can pursue anything legal against then, that is if you think that work will be worth the 400

only health problem I can see you getting is if youget worried, as long you solve any problem you can solve nothing to worry about

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't have expectations of people/things and you won't be let down! There's a list a mile long of people that have it way worse than you do. And don't forget that some of your problems are self induced. ;-) Hope tomorrow is better for you!

logicallefty

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. In the past I probably would have been more worked up and now I am just not.

I've had other times in my life that were much worse and I was much more stressed out.

But this here is the most I have ever had going on of this magnitude, while, giving a d@mn the least.

I'm sitting here at work right now with my radio on, listening to music, doing my work, and not even caring about all this other stuff. I guess I will remain that way lol

jc_80

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is where I find myself right now. I think it's mostly a positive way of thinking. Letting things bother you can cripple you and cause you to become negative and not be ambitious. So long as not caring doesn't mean that you neglect what is right as well.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what knumb means but life is just a series of obstacles to be overcome. You just hope they don't all happen at the same time like that.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
Over the past 7 days I have:

- Found out my daughter didn't get accepted into the school she really wants to go to, and I wanted her there too
You have no control over this
- Found out my step dad has multiple spots on his liver that are likely cancer
Sorry to hear and it suck, but again you have no control over this
- Found out I had to eat $400.00 to cancel the trip with my ex, but I still canceled it
Again sucks, but you don't appear to have any control of this one either
- Found out the job I was hoping to get soon may not go through now
Your luck has really gone bad, again sorry to hear it, but you have no control over this either.
- Found out at my current job that the amount of evening and weekend calls I get will soon be doubling or more
No control over this either.

- Caught someone I really cared about and respected talking behind my back, the last person I would have ever expected to do this
C'est la vie. Again sucks but no control over this aspect either

- I got my ex texting me all of her emotional goon babble about our past and why everything was my fault. I finally texted her back this same list above and told her that I really don't give a sh|t about her now so she needs to stop bothering me. She didn't.
No control here either

The funny thing is, all this stuff, I am sitting here now and can honestly tell you guys that I don't even care about any of it. It's all bad news that I should be concerned about, but I have got to the point in my life that I pretty much expect some kind of bad news like this everyday.
Good, while it's hard not to care when things happen the best part is that you're not getting worked about things you can't control

I have got to the point where I take all of the positives of the day and focus on them, and the negatives, I just blow off.
This is good way to be but negatives should only be blown off if you didn't have any way to control the outcome from a realistic point of view

I am just so knumb anymore, I have almost no emotion when it comes to bad news. It's like "ok whatever LIFE, if that's what you want to do to me today, go for it". Then I go focus on something good that happened.
Dunno if being numb is ultimately a good thing but being detached is and there is a difference.

Did anything good happen today? Let's see. On yeah a friend of mine who had dropped their phone in the toilet got a new one and called me to tell me. That's been the good news of my day so far.

Is my attitude healthy or a problem? Should I be more concerned?
Difference between numb and detached is that being numb implies that you refuse to feel whereas detached is acknowledging that you have emotions but refusing to allow your feelings overwhelm you or affect to the point where you can't still function at a high level.

More concerned no but you could be in a position where there are always chances in a day to make great moments. Sometimes there are just days where it feels the world is conspiring against you and there's not much you can do.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Lefty,
Yeah...Why Dogs leave home Huh?...It was once my privilege to work with a fine Old Englishman...He took it upon himself to Raise and Lower the Flag at Work every Day...This he did with A salute given with that Panache that comes from a long Service life..I befriended him,asked him one day about how he came by a shocking injury on his face,that had claimed one eye...told me he had been captured by the Japanese in Hong Kong,sent to work on the Burma Railroad,on his 22nd Birthday he hadn't moved fast enough and a Jap had smashed his face in with a rifle Butt...He got talking about his experiences one lunchtime and reflected,that he had actually got something out of this terrible experience, though he wore only a Lap-Lap,was starved,beaten and daily in danger of his life,he realised he still had something very precious,and so do you Lefty!

logicallefty

Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear Lefty,
Yeah...Why Dogs leave home Huh?...It was once my privilege to work with a fine Old Englishman...He took it upon himself to Raise and Lower the Flag at Work every Day...This he did with A salute given with that Panache that comes from a long Service life..I befriended him,asked him one day about how he came by a shocking injury on his face,that had claimed one eye...told me he had been captured by the Japanese in Hong Kong,sent to work on the Burma Railroad,on his 22nd Birthday he hadn't moved fast enough and a Jap had smashed his face in with a rifle Butt...He got talking about his experiences one lunchtime and reflected,that he had actually got something out of this terrible experience, though he wore only a Lap-Lap,was starved,beaten and daily in danger of his life,he realised he still had something very precious,and so do you Lefty!
He had is life, right! That's a good healthy attitude Sir, thanks!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i thought this was a post about getting some head lol. i'm disappointed

(boop)

slob on my knob
like corn on the cob
check in with me
and do your job
lay on the bed
and give me head
dont' have to ask
dont' have to beg
juicy is my name
sex is my game
let's call the boys
let's run a train
squeeze on my nuts
lick on my butt
the natrual curly hair
please don't touch

i generally ut the song off after that part.