Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sex/Mother Figure = Love?

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs stated in the "We have to talk, I'm moving out." Thread:

"Man's fundamental weakness when it comes to women is the need for a sexual partner and the need for a mother figure

If a man can overcome both of these needs

he will be free

if a man cannot...he is enslaved"

My hat is off to you Burroughs. That is a great post.

Dedication suggested that a separate topic could be created for this, so I'm taking the liberty of opening up a variation on the topic.

I think there's a tremendous amount of truth to what Burroughs said, and on closer examination, there are many sides to it, many different interpretations.

Regarding the sexual side: I have a good friend and we often joke that if we didn't care about p*ssy, things would be easier. And to make it worse (or better, depends on how you look at it). Both of us have girlfriends that possess, in our eyes, the "Golden P*ssy". For each of us, looks wise (face and figure) they are 10's, and that is extremely compelling.

So, if you can eliminate the need for that p*ssy, it's liberating. And to be honest, there are days when I feel like "I don't need it, there are tons of other women out there". But then there are days when I realize it would suck a big one if I never slept with her again. I know I would be fine, but to be honest, I would miss it and I would physically ache for her p*ssy for quite a long time.

And then regarding the Mother figure part of the equation: For me, the way it manifests itself is in the Snuggling/Cuddling aspect of a relationship (yeah, I know, all the jaded PUA's shouldn't need that, blah blah blah). However I will freely admit that it's a huge factor for me in a relationship. Holding a woman close, the warmth and feel of her skin and the scent of a woman, the feeling of her holding me gives me something that I don't get from sex alone. It's a comforting feeling that can radiate through your entire body. And it deeply affects me. It makes me feel good at a bone deep level.

So to me, those two elements: Sexuality and Physical comfort/affection(which we at one time received from our Mother) are the major components of what is called love.

So yes, if a man can overcome those needs, he will be free. But will he be able to love? Or is it maybe a question of replacing the word need with want?
For example: Yes, I want those things, but don't need them? An interesting question.

Then, with regard to Red Pill awareness: In a way, it shatters the fairy tale of the feeling you get when you truly open yourself up to a woman and are unguarded enough to experience the feelings that I just described above. And I believe that a goodly portion of us wound up here because some woman deeply crushed us. And the pain was so bad, we were hurt so deeply, that we didn't ever want to hurt like that again. We wanted to know why that truck ran over us and why we never saw it coming.

So what I've tried to do is to learn more about women and to see their true nature. And the more I see and read, the more I realize that what Roissy, Rollo, Dalrock, etc. say is true.

So I think the trick is to find a woman who is worth exposing yourself to. One you can let your guard down with so you can experience the feelings I've described.

Because if all you ever do is play a game of getting as much p*ssy as you can without getting hurt, but never experience love, what is the point of that?

In closing, here’s an excellent Post by Roissy on Love: http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2007/07/06/love/

-Augustus

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Augustas,
Sure Burroughs was a bit extreme,but he had a lot of wisdom,why people couldn't have been a little more tolerant of him ,really fails me!

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a woman rip the heart out of me. I was in love with her, she was pregnant with my son. I was so happy that I was going to have a famiy with the woman I loved. Then she breaks up with me. it took me years to get rid of th hollow feeling in my stomach this left me with.

Probably a sh!tty attitude to have, but since then I don't trust women. And this sucks because it hinders me from experiencing the snuggling/cuddling aspect of a relationship and all that goes with it. The intimacy. I know exactly where Augustus is coming from. Call me what you will, but this is a great and visceral feeling. It saddens me that I can't get my head together to trust someone, to allow myself to be vulnerable enough to experience this again.

I know i'm wasting power and energy by still allowing what this other woman did to hinder me. But i'm working on it.

Outlaw_

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, at 38 I feel like I'm starting to overcome my need for pvssy. I've began to focus my energy somewhere else. But I now see what my desire for women has been...the mother figure. Great post OP.

Now, how do we overcome our need for a mother figure?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
This talk of searching for a Mother figure has me baffled,I had a perfectly satisfactory relationship with my Mum.... I have never knowingly sought her qualities in any Woman...I find this searching for indefinable needs quite puzzling...Like many Men I see progression towards a Self Reliant and independent lifestyle as being of far more value than seeking someone to lean on....Some of the comments,are disdainful of chasing Pvussy,Why one wonders...Every Good Looking Woman represents a Svexual Mt Everest to be conquered and enjoyed,I am often battered but never beaten...May God grant me more years to sample the seemingly inexhaustible font of Variety and Learning that Women Are!