Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

if you wanted to give your best advice about health and fitness, what would it be ?

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well i thought that we really need a thread to post any advice that will help other DJs out there

i'll start although i'm a noob ... :D

1.don't take lifting advice from skinny runts

2.Just because a guy is Bulked / shredded/ cut etc... doesn't mean he knows what he is doing....or saying for that matter

3. 80% of trainers have no idea about training......lassie is more informed IMO

4.when confronted with the question "why don't you squat? " the most common answer is "my legs are developed enough"

Trailboss

Don Juan
Reaction score
My only advice is: Keep it simple and stick to the basics. If you go "pro", then you can go over complicate things! For now, and until then: Stick to the basics. Workout hard! Eat as well as you can. Sleep as much as you can. Any break in that triangle and you will destroy your progress...

Also, train for one thing and *one* thing only: train for strength. It's the only objective measurement you can make in so-called "bodybuilding". If you are not getting stronger from workout to workout, something is wrong. Keep a workout log of every set and rep, from workout to workout. This will make it easier for someone who knows what they are doing to figure out where you are going wrong.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Meal timing is irrelevant for the average trainee. Your macronutrient consumption at the end of the day/week is all that matters.

2. Don't listen to training or diet tips from those that are "enhanced". Using performance enhancing drugs lets them bypass the normal physiological processes of the human body. As a natural trainer, you need to get progressively stronger to get bigger (along with a caloric surplus). Drug using pro bodybuilders can get big by doing high reps with low weight.

Natural - Progressive overload + Time Under Tension
Assisted - Anything

There was a study on anabolic steroids, the groups were as follows:

-Weight training with steroids
-Weight training without steroids
-No training
-No training with steroids

Nutrition, sleep/recovery and training volume were all the same.

Those that weren't exercising but were given anabolic steroids, gained more muscle mass than the natural trainees. Telling huh?

I have an appointment, there's a few other things I will add when I can.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it for nobody except YOU.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think consistency is the key. if you look at any good powerlifter or bodybuilder they have been training for years, not just a few weeks or a couple years, but a lifetime!

If you look at someone like Arnold for example, he started training at the age 15 and re-tired from bodybuilding at 28 I believe. If you do the math that is 13 years of training! Arnold was highly dedicated going to the gym 6 days a week. Now Arnold was Arnold and you are not, but as you can see; consistency and hard work paid off.

Bottom line, Follow your dreams and dont give up!

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice is to get the book written by her:

http://lyngenet.com/

This should literally revolutionize the "health" industry and what is considered "healthy". She is basically Galileo telling people the world is not flat, it's round. In this case, the message is "There is no such thing as a universally 'healthy' food, only foods that are 'healthy' for your specific body chemistry."

In fact, some of the most common "healthy" foods, she has found to be the most reactive(ie, inflammation producing foods): Salmon, Oatmeal, Black Beans, Cauliflower, WHEY PROTEIN, tomato sauce, greek yogurt, etc...

The older you get, the more this becomes a problem as the body loses digestive enzymes and becomes more inflamed, which leads to more foods being reactive to it.

After getting my mercury fillings out, this has been the best thing I have ever done for my health. I literally have learned more about my body in the past 30 days than I have in the past 37 years. In 25 days, I dropped 14.4 lbs, going from 192.8 to 178.4 lbs, most of it coming from the reduction of inflammation in my stomach area. All while doing ZERO cardio, and simply continuing to lift 3 times a week.

This is coming from someone who was in really good shape going into this whole thing. Weight literally fell off like it was magic. Its all weight from the body holding in water from inflammation. I learned that eggs are highly inflammatory(1.4 lb weight gain from a single egg), potatoes are moderately inflammatory(1.0 lb weight gain from a half potato), and wheat is moderately inflammatory(0.6 lb weight gain from a slice of whole wheat). Chronic low grade inflammation leads to a whole host of problems...bloating, histamine production, allergies, excessive cortisol production, increased estrogen production, lowered testosterone production and lowered thyroid production.

Eggs, potatoes and whole wheat...guess what I used to eat a whole lot of while working out? Guess it explains why my stomach used to feel like it was on fire after drinking my whey/egg/casein protein shake blend...

People complaining they feel "bloated" or fat from whey? Yeah you are. Its reactive to your body and every time you drink it you put on inflammatory body weight which is the basis for virtually all chronic diseases or conditions later in life. You are moving further and further away from being healthy each time you drink a shake. Some people can tolerate whey with no ill effects, and I envy you. I however, cannot, and the vast majority(estimated up to 85% of the population) is in the same boat as me.

If you are over 35, I cannot recommend this book highly enough. You literally could save your life. At the very least, you will lose weight and "fat" like it was magic and find out what foods are causing you to hold in fat. You can buy it online as an ebook like I did for $13, which is less than half of the whey protein that is making most of you sicker. Luckily for me, I bought hemp/pea and brown rice protein powders and mixed equal parts together to form a protein with an amino acid profile that is very similar to whey without any of the negative health consequences. Haven't felt this good in at least 12 or 13 years...excited to see where my body ends up weight wise...

Hiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Trailboss. Keep a workout log. Write everything down.

Keep a food journal.

If strength is your thing, get the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

Have a plan. Set goals.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
sguatting is one thing, and squatting with ridiculous weight is another. it's very dangerous to your spine and knees. they have lying presses and inclined leg presses for a reason. use them, or squat relatively light, and never do anything like heavy weight, barbell squat without a protective rack and a partner.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goundra said:
sguatting is one thing, and squatting with ridiculous weight is another. it's very dangerous to your spine and knees. they have lying presses and inclined leg presses for a reason. use them, or squat relatively light, and never do anything like heavy weight, barbell squat without a protective rack and a partner.
They're only dangerous if you squat like an idiot. Those leg press machines put a **** ton of pressure on my lower back

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DanZy said:
They're only dangerous if you squat like an idiot. Those leg press machines put a **** ton of pressure on my lower back
true that, and squats with good form can actually heal a spine injury.
i started squats around 3 months back and my back pain is gone..... :D

leg press ....haven't tried it yet since my gym is for powerlifting

U

user43770

We all have bad days in the gym. Learn to listen to your body. If you aren't feeling right in your warm-up sets, take it easy. You don't want to overdo it and hurt yourself.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
+1 repped and quoted for truth.

No matter what people say, consistency with training and diet is most important. Nothing else matters as much. I believe this to be the most valuable training tip.

Over the years, I've seen countless numbers of gym members dissapear after a few a month or two--new members start working out with a fire lit under their azz but have problems sustaining the intensity. They don't understand that maintaining a fit body is all about a Marathon, not a sprint. This is a lifetime commitment. You never reach a point where you can stop training and eating healthy and expect your body to keep looking fit.

I've been working out for 8 years and have taken a break here and there, but I've have never given up. And I rarely squat more than 225 x 10--but my legs are thick and muscular...all due to the years of training consistently...and I RARELY see anybody squatting...look around your gym the next time and count the number of members you see squatting to parallel...and if they are squatting, you'll likely notice that they're doing it half-azzed...so I really don't lift that heavy. I've never benched more than 315, either, but my chest and shoulders are defined and muscular.

Most people are looking for a "magical" training and food regimen that involves a minimal amount of hard work, sacrifice, etc. The reality is, you can lift average weight and STILL produce great results--as long as you eat right and stick to the workouts.
+1

VERY true, there are about 2 guys who squat at my gym, me and a lawyer ...everybody else is doing some useless ab machines or curls
i started rack pulls and deadlifts from last week and i'm the only one doing them.

i got another tip : you don't need supplements to get big, good old chicken is way better IMO

U

user43770

I would also like to jump on the consistency bandwagon. You'll never get anywhere if you don't stick with it.

You have to be flexible with your workout schedule in order to be consistent. For some reason, I used to be extremely close-minded when it came to my schedule. If I missed a day, it was gone forever. I would just go on to the next day's routine. Not anymore. If I can't do legs on Monday, then I do them on Tuesday. If Tuesday is no good, I do them Wednesday. Everything else get pushed back until I get legs done.

My workout schedule is constantly changing because of my job and personal life. This is to be expected. Most of us aren't getting paid to lift weights. This sh1t is a hobby and hobbies are secondary. You have to make it fit your lifestyle.

Lloyd.ambert

Reaction score
PairsPlus RoyalFlush: //2. You don't need creatine//
//5. Hammer curls- do them// Yes, yes!
My adds- Pick good parents; much of your capacity to train is genetic, trying to significantly exceed that capacity is akin to attempting to add an extra 4" in heighth.
Do lots of aerobic base building, cardio. You can build easier on a good base, and it is better to be fit than big, if you had to choose one. At my age, when skeletal muscle mass is difficult to maintain, let alone build, it is critical.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- Change is not instant you must be persistent (lol just came up with that)
- Cardio is your friend
- Never try and starve yourself to lose fat (hence cardio being your friend), not only do you lose fat but also muscle
- Stick to freeweights
- Train smart, train hard
- Once you have good form, heavy weight will come
- Sleep is also your friend
- Eat clean
- Focusing on making gains on the big 3 (bench, squat, deadlift) will give you bigger arms than 1000 curls will
- Give yourself a day or 2 per week to recover; don't overtrain
I lift 4-5 days per week usually. And I much prefer the hang clean over deadlifting lol.

Only 10 little bits of advice but I'm sure if I sat here for awhile I could easily jot down 100

afr0deziakx22

Reaction score
train FULL body.
Stay away from machines and smith machines
Focus onCompound movements
Drink TONS of water.
Proper nutrition prior to supplementation
Never Skip LEGS.
Don't Ego lift.
ALWAYS use proper form.
Have a plan.
Eat properly.
If you don't know what you are doing hire a legit trainer.

If you need help training or want tips check me out on facebook
facebook.com/idealbeing
twitter/instagram :IDEALBEING

Gained 60lbs of mass NATURALLY in a short course of time. NYC trainer.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
+1 repped and quoted for truth.

No matter what people say, consistency with training and diet is most important. Nothing else matters as much. I believe this to be the most valuable training tip.

Over the years, I've seen countless numbers of gym members dissapear after a month or two--new members start working out with a fire lit under their azz but have problems sustaining the intensity. They don't understand that maintaining a fit body is all about a Marathon, not a sprint. This is a lifetime commitment. You never reach a point where you can stop training and eating healthy and expect your body to keep looking fit.

I've been working out for 8 years and have taken a break here and there, but I've have never given up. And I rarely squat more than 225 x 10--but my legs are thick and muscular...all due to the years of training consistently...and I RARELY see anybody squatting...look around your gym the next time and count the number of members you see squatting to parallel...and if they are squatting, you'll likely notice that they're doing it half-azzed...so I really don't lift that heavy. I've never benched more than 315, either, but my chest and shoulders are defined and muscular.

Most people are looking for a "magical" training and food regimen that involves a minimal amount of hard work, sacrifice, etc. The reality is, you can lift average weight and STILL produce great results--as long as you eat right and stick to the workouts.
Good Advice here. :rockon:

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
Arnold said in his book that lifting much in the way of weight, before you are 15 years old, is potentially ruinous for your body.

trainando

Reaction score
Hiker said:
I agree with Trailboss. Keep a workout log. Write everything down.

Keep a food journal.

If strength is your thing, get the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

Have a plan. Set goals.

Hello
I accept your ideas ...