Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you increase rear delt mass?

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I haven't really put much focus into this area and I would like to train the rear delts to improve posture and avoid injury.

I do deadlifts, pull ups, bent over barbell rows and overhead press (not for rear delts specifically) and I gather that they are involved in a smaller way in these exercises but how can I isolate them?

Are rear lateral raises enough to isolate and build the rear delts or are there better/other ways of doing this?

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bent over barbell rows are a really good compound exercise that still hit the rear delts....provided that your form is correct. The Pendlay row is a more strict variation.

Some good isolation exercises would be reverse flyes, and cable face pulls.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Salvatore, Rows will work your rear delts to a degree. Also Face Pulls and Rear DB Laterals... Seated DB Power Cleans are another good one for your upper back. Other than that, you may need to gain more overall mass or its just a certin muscle that takes longer for you to develop.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i recommend seated cable rows with a proper weight that will allow you to fully contract the back muscles properly, including the rear delts. then hop on reverse fly machine, again with a proper weight that will allow you to full contract the muscles.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Bent over barbell rows are a really good compound exercise that still hit the rear delts....provided that your form is correct. The Pendlay row is a more strict variation.

Some good isolation exercises would be reverse flyes, and cable face pulls.
This except I love dumbbell rows better than barbell rows but it is all the same. Any rowing motion will help with real delts.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How to increase mass of any muscle group?

Deadlifts and Squats