Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can't find cause of stress

Ozel599

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm having difficulties that the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing symptoms of stress that seem to be getting worse. I can't think of any reason why :confused:

I'm not overweight and live a healthy lifestyle, trying to trying to cut fat - it seems nearly all of it is around my waist an sides (170 5ft 9") a lot seems to point to high cortisol.

Emotionally, I don't feel worried or angered. More of slow, lazy difficult to concentrate feeling (ie, beast mode will not activate, everything seems like a lot of effort). Yesterday morning I had a lot of negative thoughts, felt very lonely and was almost sobbing. It can at times be difficult to relax, after I've had a workout, showered, finished household chores I like to spend an hour watching TV or a film, but recently I've found it hard to follow and don't understand the plot. I've also been finding it hard to maintain conversations.

The past couple of days I've laid back of the workouts. This Sunday I would have done some outdoor HIIT, but I was experiencing painful stomach cramps and constipation a few hours before - therefore went for a light run instead when it cleared up.

Throughout yesterday I had a constant headache on the right side of my head that would just not go away and I decided not to workout and take a restful night. The headache is still there a little bit now, but it's not as noticeable.

I'm getting 7-8 hours of sleep, and don't bother setting an alarm as I seem to naturally wake up at the same time every morning.

A typical day:
Morning: 4 egg omelette with veg, Green tea, 2 pints of water
Lunch: Chicken salad, 1 coffee
Afternoon: 2 pints of water, 1 coffee, 1 handful of nuts
Evening: If workout, around 7pm. PWO shake (whey protein, glycine, creatine, BCCA). Meal: Meet/fish with large portion of vegetables and more water.

Alcohol consumption about 3-6 units per week (usually consists of a glass of wine about once a week, or the odd beer now and again).

I try to avoid cheat meals at home so I don't feel guilty when eating out.

3 times a week weights using the main lifts
2 times a week, HIIT.

In the evenings around 10pm I used to get really hungry, and found my self eating an extra omelette or a tin of tuna - now I don't feel hungry at all.

Generally I have a comfortable lifestyle, there are no worries with work, I don't have any debt and I'm on top of my finances. I'm lucky enough that my commute to and from work is no more than 15mins allowing me to take my time in the mornings.

I also try to do things in advance as much as possible to free up time, such as preparing my food for work, having clothes ready, clean dishes etc.

Things that used to help me relax are no longer working, such as taking a long bath and getting into freshly clean bed sheets. The other week I went to have long evening at a local spa, the sauna and steam rooms just made me feel like it was hard to breathe and I could feel my heart beating rapidly (I've been going to health spa's for years and don't usually experience this).

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Are there things you want to accomplish in life that you're not working toward?

2. Are you doing things because they're prudent, or seem "right," instead of what you really want to do?

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. You need to get between 8-10 hours of sleep.

2. You are not eating enough. 3 full meals? That's pitiful. Also, you need to add carbs to your post workout meal. White rice is good.

henery125

Reaction score
Hi...!
Major and common cause of stress are emotional problems and depression. You should try to keep yourself busy and take deep breath few time in a day . Regular exercise is also reduce the stress .

Ozel599

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I've been tracking my moods and energy levels using fitday. It seems I get more stressed at the weekends.

@henery125: I exercise almost every day alternating weights and cardio. Been getting great results recently. There's lots of interests and things I enjoy doing. The problem is I can get disappointed as there is not enough time to do all of them or I arrange time but don't feel like doing it.

That specific weekend that I posted this thread, there was a heatwave in the UK - I really hate being stuck indoors or at home when there is hot sunny weather. But I had so much to do with my house and garden. By the time Saturday evening came I felt tired.

I do suffer a minor bit of social anxiety, being an introvert and craving time on my own doesn't help - as samspade asked "2. Are you doing things because they're prudent, or seem "right," instead of what you really want to do?" - that Saturday evening I was alone and all the beer gardens were packed full of people I felt like I *had to* call up a friend and go out rather than actually wanting to, even though I was very tired and didn't feel like it. I was pondering for hours of whether I should or shouldn't.

Then most of Sunday I was feeling very down and became unwell.

It's a hard thing to explain how it feels. I have no problem being around other people or going out in public, speaking to people I don't know but... calling up a buddy and asking if they are free or to make plans can make me nervous. I don't know why I feel that way, they always make efforts to keep in touch and I feel that if sh1t hit the pan, they would be there for support. The past couple of years, people are going out less (settling down with kids, living with etc.) and I do see less of them.

Yet when it comes to a chick, it doesn't bother me at all.

demiwatkins

Reaction score
It can be a lot of things for the stress. Mostly I feel stress when I go on a job interview, take a test, or run a race.