Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Iceman Is Gay in New ‘X-Men’ Comic

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/04/21/x-men-character-iceman-revealed-as-gay-in-new-comic/

Marvel Reveals Iceman Is Gay in New ‘X-Men’ Comic

While Marvel‘s film operation rolls along, the comic-book side of the business continues to blaze trails in a rapidly changing pop culture environment. In the latest development, a new issue of “All-New X-Men” reveals that Bobby Drake, aka Iceman, is gay.

“There are thousands if not millions of stories of people who, for many different reasons, felt the need to hide their sexuality. The X-Men, with the conceit of time travel, give us a fascinating platform in which to examine such personal journeys,” writer Brian Michael Bendis said in a statement released by Marvel. “This is just the first little chapter of a much larger story that will be told.”

Bendis didn’t want the revelation to be made public before the issue was released, but the news leaked anyway. He addressed the situation in a tweet:

The Iceman news comes after Marvel has announced several changes to its canonical characters in an attempt to make its comic books more accessible to a new generation of readers. Previously, the company gave a woman the power and name of Thor, gave the black Sam Wilson the mantel of Captain America, and made a Muslim teenager the new Ms. Marvel.

“All-New X-Men” issue no. 40 goes on sale Wednesday.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Take THAT hetero-normative white privilege patriarchy !!!

*So is the Green Lantern

*Constantine is apparently not gay enough

*Oh and Thors now a woman

*Spiderman's now black and or hispanic

*Captain America also now black

Sh!t even James Bond and King Arthur are too white now I heard on the poz vine.

Stick a fork in it, it's done. Most normal boys stopped reading comics years ago. It's now just a platform for the YKW owners to stick it to the host populations childhood icons and infantilized minded nerdy weak whyte consumers hopped up on a lifetime cult-Marx indoctrination trying to out sh!tlib each other.

AgesDuctPro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/04/21/x-men-character-iceman-revealed-as-gay-in-new-comic/

While Marvel‘s film operation rolls along, the comic-book side of the business continues to blaze trails in a rapidly changing pop culture environment. In the latest development, a new issue of “All-New X-Men” reveals that Bobby Drake, aka Iceman, is gay.

“There are thousands if not millions of stories of people who, for many different reasons, felt the need to hide their sexuality. The X-Men, with the conceit of time travel, give us a fascinating platform in which to examine such personal journeys,” writer Brian Michael Bendis said in a statement released by Marvel. “This is just the first little chapter of a much larger story that will be told.”

Bendis didn’t want the revelation to be made public before the issue was released, but the news leaked anyway. He addressed the situation in a tweet:

The Iceman news comes after Marvel has announced several changes to its canonical characters in an attempt to make its comic books more accessible to a new generation of readers. Previously, the company gave a woman the power and name of Thor, gave the black Sam Wilson the mantel of Captain America, and made a Muslim teenager the new Ms. Marvel.

“All-New X-Men” issue no. 40 goes on sale Wednesday.
Lol so what? You're ok with other dudes banging your gf but it's a big deal if a tights-wearing superhero likes da c0ck too?

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm black, and this changing super hero's shít is annoying as fūck. We get it, people are gay. But they are ODing with this diversity shít.

How about, make new superheroes and have them be gay or whatever you'd like, but stop changing our classics. Ever since Disney got a hold of this shít man I swear...

-A longtime comic fan.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SmooveMooves said:
How about, make new superheroes and have them be gay or whatever you'd like, but stop changing our classics.
That's a damn good point right there. You see, the agenda is not even really about "diversity" as questionable as that is to begin with. It's about replacement and displacement. And shoving crap down our throats and smearing it in our faces something not popular or wanted to begin with.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Christians talking about the Devil taking over.... I mean... man this sh1t doesn't seem as far fetched any more. What good could possibly come from changing all of our beloved franchises and childhood toys to become GAY?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SmooveMooves said:
I'm black, and this changing super hero's shít is annoying as fūck. We get it, people are gay. But they are ODing with this diversity shít.

How about, make new superheroes and have them be gay or whatever you'd like, but stop changing our classics. Ever since Disney got a hold of this shít man I swear...

-A longtime comic fan.
Reboots always change of bunch of crap. Many superheros have several different big time story arcs and universes they have been involved in. I couldn't give 2 sh!ts if they decide to change up the character a bit in a universe or two with a particular character.

At the end of the day fans know which universe and arc is considered canon (or did they actually make this canon?) That said, adding different elements to a story allows for unique storytelling. There's only so much you can do with sticking to the same canonical material for decades. Also, its fvking comics though, and the vast majority of people dont even read comics anymore.

So if many comic fans have been accepting of the things brought into the medium over the years, people need to get over it. From what Ive seen on different websites, forums, and from friends I know...many comic readers accept these new attempts at story telling and other feel like they can finally relate to these characters.

PS - Family Guy totally knew about this 8 years ago.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qhyfajRGJo

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bible belt you kind of late, the character colossus in x-men been gay for some years now in some of the new x-men comics

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Otherwise we would see superheros who were Constitutionalists, Christian, Libertarian, etc,.....
To be fair, Nightcrawler is a Catholic. He has been from the start though.

I'm not a big fan of all this retconning either. The characters are already established. Would you make Superman or Batman gay? It would be like "Where does this come from all of a sudden"?