Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chi-town Players!!

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well be going to CHi town next month or august

what are some good clubs/bars to hit up?
food places?
sights?

Look for spots that are "diverse" and were girls are down for some fun :yes:

peace

Last edited:

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, that would take a good three weeks to fully answer. You are gonna have to be more specific, especially about types of food places, prices, what kind of sights you are interested in, etc.

I could probably name a good 150 restaurants that I would recommend, so I need more specific info. As far as tourist attractions, I can list the popular ones out, but I will need to do it later when I get a bit more time (at work).

In the meantime, here are some websites you can check out:

http://chicago.metromix.com/
http://do312.com/
http://www.redeyechicago.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/#&lid=EAT<em>&</em>DRINK&lpos=Main
http://chicago.nightguide.com/
http://chicagotwentysomething.com/

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
Wow, that would take a good three weeks to fully answer. You are gonna have to be more specific, especially about types of food places, prices, what kind of sights you are interested in, etc.

I could probably name a good 150 restaurants that I would recommend, so I need more specific info. As far as tourist attractions, I can list the popular ones out, but I will need to do it later when I get a bit more time (at work).

In the meantime, here are some websites you can check out:

http://chicago.metromix.com/
http://do312.com/
http://www.redeyechicago.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/#&lid=EAT<em>&</em>DRINK&lpos=Main
http://chicago.nightguide.com/
http://chicagotwentysomething.com/

I'm looking for the best/cheap Pizza places
clubs/bars/lounges that are diverse friendly (since I'm black, but please no ghetto places)

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
I'm looking for the best/cheap Pizza places
clubs/bars/lounges that are diverse friendly (since I'm black, but please no ghetto places)
Do you know where you are staying?

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you owe my employer some money, because this is going to take a while. But whatever, slow day so why not help you out. Let me know if you have any questions or whatever.

OK, pizza... phew, here goes...
Every Chicagoan you ask is going to tell you a different place is best. I'll list some of the big ones.
Lou Malnati's - One of the most known places. They are located all over the city and the burbs, and can slightly differ from place to place. Some people say this is Chicago Deep Dish at it's best, others think it's nothing more than decent.
Pequods - One of my favorites. But it's extra heavy and sometimes you really gotta be in the mood for it. They carmelize the crust, so it looks burnt but tastes amazing (in my opinion).
Unos (on Ohio - the rest are crap IMO) - The first place to server Deep Dish. Some say still the best.
Gino's East - Another popular one that has turned into a chain like most of the others I mentioned. Just make sure you go to the downtown location, just like with Unos.
Spacca Napoli (on the Northside) - Very very good, traditional thin pizza.

There are sooo many more popping into my head right now, but I wouldn't know where to stop if I got started. Chicagoans take a LOT of pride in their pizza, so you seriously have endless options.

Other Food
So many foods are perfected here, that this could get really long. There is a reason Chicago has a huge obesity problem. I'll name some fun, mostly quick cheaper places/foods.
Weiner's Circle - Go get a char dog at 2am on Saturday here. But only if you can take the workers giving you a ridiculous amount of sh1t. This is a cash only dog/burger stand on the Northside. Last time I went there, I went to the counter only to hear "Are you gonna fvckin order, cracker-a$$ mothafvcker!? And don't you dare forget to tip, b!tch!" And for a little added fun, order a Chocolate Shake. Little hint, they don't serve chocolate shakes, but with a $20 tip, the large black women working there will give you a "chocolate shake"...Yeah...
Italian Beef - The italian beef in Chicago gets possibly just as much discussion as the pizza, when it comes to who is the best. I'm gonna get a headache just going through all of those, so I'll list a couple and you can look into them if you are interested. Portillo's (some argue their beef is too commercialized, but they have good food all around, not just beef), Al's Beef, Mr. Beef, Johnny's, Jay's, here comes that headache....
Hot Doug's - Sausage superstore. Go here if you wanna try something different and also clog your arteries. So good.
Kuma's Corner - Ok, this is a heavy metal restaurant (not my thing), that plays heavy metal music (not my thing), with food named after heavy metal bands (not my thing), and a really small place with a usual 2 hour wait (not my thing). Yet, I would eat here every day. The burgers are incredible, with some insane toppings. Just thinking about their burgers on pretzel bread with a cold Gumballhead beer is making my mouth water right now.
Harold's Chicken - If you don't mind going into the hood a bit, Harold's is some damn good chicken! Not sure if you listen to Hip Hop, but Wale called Harold's out for being overrated. He got treated to some heavy verbal abuse at his next concert here for that one haha. This is the only thing in this whole posting that I am mentioning on the South Side, by the way.
Greek Town/China Town/Etc - We have very sectioned areas that offer different types of food. Greek, Chinese, Italian, German, it's endless.

Ok, I think I'm gonna stop with the food now. You have a ton of good options there, plus there are so many places that I'm sure you will find ones just walking around that you wanna check out.

Tourist Attractions
Summer in the Chi is my heaven. There is nowhere I would rather be.
Beaches - Main ones to hit are North Ave beach and Oak St beach. If girls are what you are looking for, and you don't mind crowds, go to North Ave beach. More specifically, go near Castaways. It is a bar on the beach that is basically a beached boat. It is also by a huge area for beach volleyball. The women flock to this area. Just watch out, there are also a ton of high school chicks that are seemingly old enough (man, that was close...). Couple warnings, cops WILL bust you for drinking on the beach itself, and gangs have actually been somewhat of an issue. Just keep your eyes open and don't be stupid (this goes for anywhere in Chicago. Not sure if you have seen the number of shootings, but it's nothing to mess with). Don't be so obviously wasted or you will be a target for police, theft, etc.
Navy Pier - Like a boardwalk. Has a few rides, shows, beer garden, etc. I personally think it's a bit overrated, but tourists love it. Does have an incredible view of the skyline from the huge Ferris Wheel.
Willis (Sears) Tower - Tallest building in the world until a little while ago, and still the tallest building in the US. Freedom Tower in NY is going to be taller, but only because of the antennae. Willis Tower will still have the highest floors in the country. They have a fairly new attraction at the top of the tower where you can stand on a glass floor that extends out past the building. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l1I1DNFXz...lis-Tower-Skydeck-Sears-Tower-in-Chicago4.jpg
*There is also an observation deck at the top of the John Hancock building, as well as a nice (expensive) restaurant on the 95th floor with panoramic views of the city. I think it's impossible to take a date there without her begging you to fvck her after. Probably not the place to go with your buddy.
Architectural Boat Tour - Actually a really cool tour. You ride on a big fairy boat along the Chicago River for about an hour and a half and it takes you around to some of the most incredible buildings. One of my favorites.
Museums - Chicago has some very nice museums if you like that sort of thing, or the weather isn't so nice. Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, and Shedd Aquarium, are the must-sees.
Wrigley Field - Love them or hate them, the Cubs ballpark is history. It's second in age only to Fenway park, but in some ways has the feel of being much older. If you love baseball, Wrigley is a must-see, in my opinion. And the stadium is surrounded by bars. I wouldn't spend the night at these bars though. Unless you want to hang out with 21-year-old douchebags all night, and individual girls that are out with 5 guys.
Magnificent Mile - If you want to shop, you are golden right here. This is the name for Michigan Avenue starting at Oak Street at the North (By Oak Street Beach and Hancock Building), and down to the Chicago River at the south. This area is covered in hotels, high end shopping, etc.
Millenium Park - Couple Chicago landmarks here. Pritzker Pavilion http://www.checkonsite.com/wp-content/gallery/jay-pritzker-pavilion/800px-gehry_pritzker.jpg , Cloud Gate or "The Bean" http://culturalcapitol.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/cloud-gate-09_0114_melody-mudd2.jpg , as well as some other stuff. Again one of those things where it isn't much to "do", but whatever.
Second City Comedy Club - Located in Old Town, a ton of big name comedians got their start here: Peter Boyle, John and Jim Belushi, Dan Kroyd, John Candy, almost everyone ever on Saturday Night Live, Steve Carrell, Stephen Colbert, Bill Hader, etc. Right down the street is also Zanies Comedy Club. They also have very good comedians, such as Seinfeld, Chelsea Handler, blah blah blah... If a comedy show is something you wanna do, let me know cause I have a couple friends in the business that can give good recommendations about all of the places around here.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Continued...

Bars/Clubs
This is probably the main reason you posted here. As far as actual "Clubs" to be honest I haven't been to all of them in the city. My "city" friends don't like the club scene as much. And my friends who do like the club scene live in the burbs and hate paying city prices. Go figure. I'll get a little more into areas and neighborhoods than individual places.
Wrigleyville - The area around Wrigley Field. I mentioned it before, and pointed out that it's not my favorite. But plenty of people love it. As far as the people there, it's going to be a pretty young crowd with some odd old people scattered around randomly. Mostly white, probably fairly rich. False sense of entitlement.... ok sorry... anyway...
Linkin Park - South of Wrigleyville is Lakeview and "Boys Town" (Not sure if you are into that...) but south of that is Linkin Park. I like Linkin Park for the most part. You still get a younger crowd, but this is in the area of DePaul University and you get a little bit better crowd here. Girls are better, guys don't make you wanna hit them as badly, and the bars around there are more fun in my opinion.
Bucktown - West of Linkin Park. Hit or miss. Good amount of choices as far as bar-hopping goes. Little bit more "hipster" or "trendy". Little more diversified crowd, I would say. I'm big into hip hop and nearly every time I am down there I find guys selling their CDs on the street. Sometimes they are really damn good too. That's the kind of area it is. Tons of people around, in and out of bars, in and out of Flash Taco (Taco stand I would only recommend eating if you are HAMMERED), almost like it's its own small town with a lot of people. If you are with the right people, or meet the right people, it can be a great time there.
Old Town - South and East of Bucktown/South of Linkin Park. Along the lake just a bit north of downtown. One of my favorite areas. This is the area by the two comedy clubs I mentioned. You get a little older group here, maybe mid-to-late 20s, instead of early-to-mid 20s. If you start at the intersection of North and Wells and work your way South down Wells, there are a good 6-8 bars down there. All different kinds too. Small, underground places like Suite Lounge, little bit nicer places like Firehouse Inn, Irish pubs like O'Briens, and even a 3-story, late night option (5:00) at Burton Place. Another decent place about 4 blocks west down North Avenue is Old Town Social. Always good looking girls in this whole area, but you are getting closer to the rich areas, so, take what you will from that.
Near North/River North - South and little West of Old Town. On the north end, the intersection of State and Division has a couple bars. Not my favorite bars, but usually a good crowd there. Very diversified. Moving south a bit, the bars get a little more scarce, but there are some decent ones. You will run into some more "pubs" that are a bit more chill, or you can head into some of the nice hotels and hit up their bars (such as Trump Tower with their 16th story open air bar overlooking the Chicago River... and $18 drinks! :nervous: Love it there, though. And they aren't all $18, don't worry.
Clubs - SoundBar can be decent. I went to high school with one of the (gorgeous) bartenders there and can probably get you guys the free entry password if you decided to go there. Underground can be good. Cuvee (never been, heard mixed things. I know it's one of Jay Cutler of the Bears favorite palces, but heard it can be tough to get into). Vision. V-Live on select nights. If you like hip hop, I WOULD mention Adriana's... but uhh... you said nowhere ghetto, so check that off your list ASAP. It's consistently the club of choice for rappers and you will find some big name there any given night. But, me being a white boy, I can barely even think about going there some nights. Lots of sh!t goes down there, unfortunately. Oh, I guess this is the second thing I am mentioning on the South Side.

You mentioned "diverse" a couple times, so I tried to respond based on that. Truth is, you aren't gonna have any "problem" anywhere. There is not a single place I can think of to tell you that you should stay away from because you are black. Chances are there will be black guys any place you go.

Let me know if you need more help. I'm gonna go see about treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome, in the meantime.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
I think you owe my employer some money, because this is going to take a while. But whatever, slow day so why not help you out. Let me know if you have any questions or whatever.

OK, pizza... phew, here goes...
Every Chicagoan you ask is going to tell you a different place is best. I'll list some of the big ones.
Lou Malnati's - One of the most known places. They are located all over the city and the burbs, and can slightly differ from place to place. Some people say this is Chicago Deep Dish at it's best, others think it's nothing more than decent.
Pequods - One of my favorites. But it's extra heavy and sometimes you really gotta be in the mood for it. They carmelize the crust, so it looks burnt but tastes amazing (in my opinion).
Unos (on Ohio - the rest are crap IMO) - The first place to server Deep Dish. Some say still the best.
Gino's East - Another popular one that has turned into a chain like most of the others I mentioned. Just make sure you go to the downtown location, just like with Unos.
Spacca Napoli (on the Northside) - Very very good, traditional thin pizza.

There are sooo many more popping into my head right now, but I wouldn't know where to stop if I got started. Chicagoans take a LOT of pride in their pizza, so you seriously have endless options.

Other Food
So many foods are perfected here, that this could get really long. There is a reason Chicago has a huge obesity problem. I'll name some fun, mostly quick cheaper places/foods.
Weiner's Circle - Go get a char dog at 2am on Saturday here. But only if you can take the workers giving you a ridiculous amount of sh1t. This is a cash only dog/burger stand on the Northside. Last time I went there, I went to the counter only to hear "Are you gonna fvckin order, cracker-a$$ mothafvcker!? And don't you dare forget to tip, b!tch!" And for a little added fun, order a Chocolate Shake. Little hint, they don't serve chocolate shakes, but with a $20 tip, the large black women working there will give you a "chocolate shake"...Yeah...
Italian Beef - The italian beef in Chicago gets possibly just as much discussion as the pizza, when it comes to who is the best. I'm gonna get a headache just going through all of those, so I'll list a couple and you can look into them if you are interested. Portillo's (some argue their beef is too commercialized, but they have good food all around, not just beef), Al's Beef, Mr. Beef, Johnny's, Jay's, here comes that headache....
Hot Doug's - Sausage superstore. Go here if you wanna try something different and also clog your arteries. So good.
Kuma's Corner - Ok, this is a heavy metal restaurant (not my thing), that plays heavy metal music (not my thing), with food named after heavy metal bands (not my thing), and a really small place with a usual 2 hour wait (not my thing). Yet, I would eat here every day. The burgers are incredible, with some insane toppings. Just thinking about their burgers on pretzel bread with a cold Gumballhead beer is making my mouth water right now.
Harold's Chicken - If you don't mind going into the hood a bit, Harold's is some damn good chicken! Not sure if you listen to Hip Hop, but Wale called Harold's out for being overrated. He got treated to some heavy verbal abuse at his next concert here for that one haha. This is the only thing in this whole posting that I am mentioning on the South Side, by the way.
Greek Town/China Town/Etc - We have very sectioned areas that offer different types of food. Greek, Chinese, Italian, German, it's endless.

Ok, I think I'm gonna stop with the food now. You have a ton of good options there, plus there are so many places that I'm sure you will find ones just walking around that you wanna check out.

Tourist Attractions
Summer in the Chi is my heaven. There is nowhere I would rather be.
Beaches - Main ones to hit are North Ave beach and Oak St beach. If girls are what you are looking for, and you don't mind crowds, go to North Ave beach. More specifically, go near Castaways. It is a bar on the beach that is basically a beached boat. It is also by a huge area for beach volleyball. The women flock to this area. Just watch out, there are also a ton of high school chicks that are seemingly old enough (man, that was close...). Couple warnings, cops WILL bust you for drinking on the beach itself, and gangs have actually been somewhat of an issue. Just keep your eyes open and don't be stupid (this goes for anywhere in Chicago. Not sure if you have seen the number of shootings, but it's nothing to mess with). Don't be so obviously wasted or you will be a target for police, theft, etc.
Navy Pier - Like a boardwalk. Has a few rides, shows, beer garden, etc. I personally think it's a bit overrated, but tourists love it. Does have an incredible view of the skyline from the huge Ferris Wheel.
Willis (Sears) Tower - Tallest building in the world until a little while ago, and still the tallest building in the US. Freedom Tower in NY is going to be taller, but only because of the antennae. Willis Tower will still have the highest floors in the country. They have a fairly new attraction at the top of the tower where you can stand on a glass floor that extends out past the building. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l1I1DNFXz...lis-Tower-Skydeck-Sears-Tower-in-Chicago4.jpg
*There is also an observation deck at the top of the John Hancock building, as well as a nice (expensive) restaurant on the 95th floor with panoramic views of the city. I think it's impossible to take a date there without her begging you to fvck her after. Probably not the place to go with your buddy.
Architectural Boat Tour - Actually a really cool tour. You ride on a big fairy boat along the Chicago River for about an hour and a half and it takes you around to some of the most incredible buildings. One of my favorites.
Museums - Chicago has some very nice museums if you like that sort of thing, or the weather isn't so nice. Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, and Shedd Aquarium, are the must-sees.
Wrigley Field - Love them or hate them, the Cubs ballpark is history. It's second in age only to Fenway park, but in some ways has the feel of being much older. If you love baseball, Wrigley is a must-see, in my opinion. And the stadium is surrounded by bars. I wouldn't spend the night at these bars though. Unless you want to hang out with 21-year-old douchebags all night, and individual girls that are out with 5 guys.
Magnificent Mile - If you want to shop, you are golden right here. This is the name for Michigan Avenue starting at Oak Street at the North (By Oak Street Beach and Hancock Building), and down to the Chicago River at the south. This area is covered in hotels, high end shopping, etc.
Millenium Park - Couple Chicago landmarks here. Pritzker Pavilion http://www.checkonsite.com/wp-content/gallery/jay-pritzker-pavilion/800px-gehry_pritzker.jpg , Cloud Gate or "The Bean" http://culturalcapitol.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/cloud-gate-09_0114_melody-mudd2.jpg , as well as some other stuff. Again one of those things where it isn't much to "do", but whatever.
Second City Comedy Club - Located in Old Town, a ton of big name comedians got their start here: Peter Boyle, John and Jim Belushi, Dan Kroyd, John Candy, almost everyone ever on Saturday Night Live, Steve Carrell, Stephen Colbert, Bill Hader, etc. Right down the street is also Zanies Comedy Club. They also have very good comedians, such as Seinfeld, Chelsea Handler, blah blah blah... If a comedy show is something you wanna do, let me know cause I have a couple friends in the business that can give good recommendations about all of the places around here.

Dude thanks a shyt ton for these list, your a service to this site!!!

Maybe get a beer on me brah, but yeah I know my own city like the back of my hand, and sometimes being "black" your not "welcome" in certain places

:rockon:

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Dude thanks a shyt ton for these list, your a service to this site!!!

Maybe get a beer on me brah, but yeah I know my own city like the back of my hand, and sometimes being "black" your not "welcome" in certain places

:rockon:
Yeah man, keep me posted when you head out here. Where are you from, anyway? And you really don't have to worry about not being "welcome" for being black in Chicago. I mean, I guess that is hard for a white guy to say, but I honestly can't think of where you would have an issue. Now, being white on the South Side... different story haha.

Omerta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Killer post. I just got stuck in Chicago on a missed layover tonight. Gonna check out Wrigleyville or Linkin Park.