Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fitness and Nutrition Plans

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in awhile although I still lurk from time to time. I've been working as a Personal Trainer, Physiology Tutor and preparing for Medical School. I use to write custom workout and diet plans for guys on this forum to achieve various goals. It was a gratifying process and a great way for me to give back to a community that's helped me.

My fitness and nutrition knowledge is a synthesis of the works of Paul Chek, Elliot Hulse, John Berardi, David Wolfe, Joe Defranco, Shelby Starnes, Charles Poliquin, Iron Addict, DC, Westside Barbell, Equinox, Eric Cressey, Sam Graci, ACSM, NSCA, NASM, Human Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics and Anatomy.

Combined with my experience in Strength training, Crossfit, Foundation Training, TRX, Haganah (Krav Maga, Hisardut, KAPAP, LOTAR), Eskrima, Japanese Ju Jitsu, Yoga, Pilates and Qigong.

I'll be attending Medical School in the next 3 years and want to give back to this forum again in the mean time. If anyone is interested in free online personal training send me a pm.

Cheers

Last edited:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Effort,

Congrats on being accepted into Med School! I'm going to put together some questions for you. I too haven't posted here in a while but the last time I was here I was telling you guys about how my "Subway" diet wasn't working because the bread was adding on excess weight.

I changed that in September 2014 and have been cooking at home the vast majority of meals centered around a protein source, veggie and fruit per meal, with about two nice sized bottles of water. Also I continue my ON protein on the side and continue working out greatly.

All of that weight dropped off from the Subway in about a month, I feel as though I look the best I have looked ever right now and I'm going to continue progressing along.

If you have any real information on the probability of getting to a clean and clear looking 6 pack I would love it. All I keep hearing is reduce the BF down, but damn isn't there a limit to how much I can reduce the BF down before I get to unhealthy territory? Is it truly genetically possible for everybody to have a clean cut 6 pack? My 4 pack is STILL here and looking good, it's gotten more defined over these 6 months as have my body in general...but the bottom abs still aren't "flat".

I am starting to think I just have a 4 pack, as a result Effort do you think my analysis is correct? I would LOVE to just keep the 4 pack and just have the bottom abs FLAT with nothing moving down there. I would take that! If you have suggestions I would love it.

When I suck in like hell, I can actually suck in the bottom abs to where you see a flattening and then the 4 pack where the muscles are I can flex those. So I could honestly take a picture and maybe even do a little bit of "editing" and I would look pretty good I think....upper body only.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity,

Congratulations on dropping the weight gained from the "Subway" diet. The simple answer to your question is yes it can be done. Here are the most common causes for not having a fully visible mid-section (most of this is irrelevant for genetically gifted people)

1. Improper Nutrition
2. Bodyfat too high
3. Inflamed GI-Tract that can't properly digest, assimilate and metabolize food
4. Visceroptosis (usually associated with #3)
5. Under developed anterior torso muscles.... Internal/External Obliques, Transverse Abdominis, Rectus Abdominis, Serratus Anterior, Internal/External Intercostals and muscles of the pelvic floor
6. Hormone Issues (generally due to stress)

What does a typical days eating look like for you? What does your strength training routine look like? Are you involved in any other fitness activities?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
My eating plan goes as follows:

Meal One: Protein Shake

3-4 hours pass

Meal Two: Small piece of baked pork chop, corn, apple, and water.

6-8 hours pass

Meal Three: Baked chicken wings, green beans, apple, and water.

6-8 hours pass but this is usually sleep time or nape time give or take

(repeat above)

I follow this all the time and about 4 times out of the month I will do a cheat meal where I won't pig out, but I will get a regular sized meal of something that's whatever I want at the time.

I workout just about every day but not every body part.

- I will do one workout session where I hit nothing but abs.

- Another workout session is Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. For Chest I will either do the Chest Machine and Chest Dumbbell Press, or Pushups and Chest Squeezes. For Shoulders it's the Shoulder press, front and side raises. Triceps are usually Dips and Tricep pulldowns.

- Another workout session is Legs, Back and Biceps. Legs are the Leg Curl and Leg Extension. Back are the Lat pulldowns and Bent over Rows. Biceps are the Biceps Curl Machine as well as standing (alternative) bicep curls.

I would say I do the Chest pack one about 10 times a month, the Legs pack one 10 times a month, and the Abs 15 times a month. So about 35 workout sessions in all which means on some days I will do double.

I usually do the Abs upon waking up on an empty stomach though.

Supplements are: ON Whey Protein, Fish Oil, ON Opti-Men, and BB.com's Green Tea.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
My eating plan goes as follows:

Meal One: Protein Shake

3-4 hours pass

Meal Two: Small piece of baked pork chop, corn, apple, and water.

6-8 hours pass

Meal Three: Baked chicken wings, green beans, apple, and water.

6-8 hours pass but this is usually sleep time or nape time give or take

(repeat above)

I follow this all the time and about 4 times out of the month I will do a cheat meal where I won't pig out, but I will get a regular sized meal of something that's whatever I want at the time.

I workout just about every day but not every body part.

- I will do one workout session where I hit nothing but abs.

- Another workout session is Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. For Chest I will either do the Chest Machine and Chest Dumbbell Press, or Pushups and Chest Squeezes. For Shoulders it's the Shoulder press, front and side raises. Triceps are usually Dips and Tricep pulldowns.

- Another workout session is Legs, Back and Biceps. Legs are the Leg Curl and Leg Extension. Back are the Lat pulldowns and Bent over Rows. Biceps are the Biceps Curl Machine as well as standing (alternative) bicep curls.

I would say I do the Chest pack one about 10 times a month, the Legs pack one 10 times a month, and the Abs 15 times a month. So about 35 workout sessions in all which means on some days I will do double.

I usually do the Abs upon waking up on an empty stomach though.

Supplements are: ON Whey Protein, Fish Oil, ON Opti-Men, and BB.com's Green Tea.
Great news, you have a lot of room for improvement. My opinion is your diet doesn't provide enough nutrient density and your training leaves a lot untapped. send me a pm and I'll ask you more detailed questions and put something together for you.

Cheers

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can vouch for EFFORT not that he needs it but he definitely was one if the few that helped me on my path from 135lbs to 182lbs with the others being ESPI & WARBOSS ALEX

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Welcome back Effort. Congrats on your career path!
Thanks Espi. Congrats on all of your fitness success and staying consistent. You're a great resource to this forum, I've learned a lot from reading your threads.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ProDJ26 said:
I can vouch for EFFORT not that he needs it but he definitely was one if the few that helped me on my path from 135lbs to 182lbs with the others being ESPI & WARBOSS ALEX
Thanks Pro and you deserve the credit, the how to is the easy part, doing it is the hard part.

Jmurphy55

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definitely be interested in this.

I'm 27 years old 6ft 1 and currently 102 KG.

I'm aiming to get into the best shape I can by September which is when I begin law school, but a good midway point is July when I go on holiday.

I'm currently doing 3 work outs p/w which consist of a push work out, a pull work out and a leg work out, and I do about 20 minutes of boxing cardio during each one.

The work outs are as follows:

Push:

Bench press 5x5
Incline dumbell press 4x8
Seated dumbell shoulder press 4x8
Military Press 4x8
Cable Fly 3x12
French press 3x15
Cable push down 3x15

Pull:

Deadlift 5x5
Bent over row 4x8
Lateral raise 3x10-12
Wide grip upright barbell row 10x12
EZ bar bicep curl 3x10-12
Dumbell Curl 3x10-12
Dumbell push press 3x10-12
Pull up (failure)

Legs:

Squats 4x8
Leg press 4x8
Straight leg deadlift 3x10-12
Lunges 3x10-12
Calf extensions 3x10-15

A typical days eating:

Breakfast: 4 egg omelette or 3 egg scrambled with smoked salmon
Lunch: lean protein with vegetables
Dinner: lean protein with vegetables and noodles

By lean protein I mean, oily fish, chicken breast, pork loin, steak, Turkey breast.

I also throw in things such as avocado, salad, fruit where I can.

All I'm looking for is to cut down and maintain muscle as I've got a decent size already, just too much around my stomach.

All help would be appreciated and in return I'll glady post weekly updates on here for your records.
If you need more detail let me know and I'll PM.